Sebidee

Do you think Zombies should be headshots only?

Do you think Zombies should be headshots only?  

474 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Zombies should be headshots only?

• Yes, headshots.
    • No, I like it how it is.
    • Compromise, headshots should kill them in one but they should be able to take more damage to the body.

If I had my way I would make it so that you can only kill a zombie by destroying the brain. It fits in with all the other zombie franchises (except 28 Days, but they aren't really zombies) and would somehow feel more like how I expect or at least feel like zombies should be. I also think it would improve gameplay. People want more zombies but they also want them to be more of a challenge. At the moment if you are armed with an M4 you can kill at dozen zombies at a 100 yards in only a matter of seconds. Armed with any other gun, even a pistol, is pretty easy as well. By forcing us to take very careful aim it would make zombie encounters much more interesting once you're geared up. To conserve ammo you would also be forced to allow zombies to come closer before you shoot them, making them much more dangerous.

So, do you think Zombies should be headshots only?

EDIT: I changed the poll because someone made a good suggestion. I think you can change your vote if you want to can't you?

Edited by Sebidee
  • Like 6

I don't think DayZ zombies are classical undead zombies, I believe they are just infected people who are referred to as zombies.

• Like 15

I don't think DayZ zombies are classical undead zombies, I believe they are just infected people who are referred to as zombies.

Ok. Well how about making them classical undead zombies?

• Like 3

I tend to aim for the head anyway, just my natural instinct since i've played and watched a lot of zombie stuff.

Ok. Well how about making them classical undead zombies?

No, no and for the last time, NO!

I'm tired of people wanting the classical zombies on DayZ. THESE ARE NOT THE UNDEAD, THESE ARE INFECTED LIVING PEOPLE! The infection killed most of the world's population, leaving a percent of it, as enraged, violent people. Apparently the 2% of the population (Us players) were left unscathed.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1zbsks/psa_the_zombies_arent_dead_theyre_infected_living/

Edited by AntonioAJC
  • Like 21

yes. Any type of damage to the head, punches, melee weapons and gunshots.

However they should be able to loose their arms or leg if shot or hit excessivly

I'm tired of people wanting the classical zombies on DayZ. THESE ARE NOT THE UNDEAD, THESE ARE INFECTED LIVING PEOPLE! The infection killed most of the world's population, leaving a percent of it, as enraged, violent people. Apparently the 2% of the population (Us players) were left unscathed.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1zbsks/psa_the_zombies_arent_dead_theyre_infected_living/

Oh so it's kind of like I am legend? Most people just died from the disease, some were infected and we are immune? Maybe that's why it doesn't matter if they bite us ... interesting.

Still though, as cool as that sounds I would prefer if they were classic zombies.

• Like 4

It really depends on what kind of 'zombies' we're dealing with here. If they are undead back from the grave, you die you become one, then yes it should be head shot only.

I think these are more 'infected' type people that are still "living" so they are susceptible to any body damage as well.

I'd prefer the undead types but the 28 days later style ones are just as good imo.

• Like 1

Oh so it's kind of like I am legend? Most people just died from the disease, some were infected and we are immune? Maybe that's why it doesn't matter if they bite us ... interesting.

Still though, as cool as that sounds I would prefer if they were classic zombies.

Nah, I want to see players get outrun by the zeds.

• Like 1

umm doesnt undead mean living. just sayin

2% were left unscathed, but judging by what I've seen, they also turned into enraged, violent people.
  • Like 5

I don't think it should be headshots only.  But I do think the damage needs to be altered so that zombies take quite a few shots to the chest or one headshot.

I'd still rather have zombies than just infected people. More fun that way. I mean who are we fighting anyway? Angry dudes who punch you awkwardly. Fuck that, I want living dead to be impervious to my bullets and eat my dirty rotten corpse.

I'd like to see zombies have to take lots of bullets (and they should react when you shoot them) but still die from them and they just die in one shot when you shoot them in the head.

• Like 1

Uhm, doesn't undead mean living. just saying

un·dead
ˌənˈded/
adjective

1. 1.
    (of a fictional being, esp. a vampire) technically dead but still animate.
    synonyms: living dead, zombies, vampires
    "eerie tales of the undead"

First result on Google. Do research first, spout lies later.  ;)

Edited by AntonioAJC

They are technically infected, so they need vital organs. Being shot in those vital organs results in death. There is no reason why a shotgun blast to the abdomen shouldn't kill.

• Like 9

I like the idea of chainsawing a zeds arms and legs off in a doorway so he is just left as my little guard dog to attack anyone that dare enter. 

Great idea m8, more challenging and realistic rely on most of the movies.

Great idea m8, more challenging and realistic rely on most of the movies.

How would removing both arms and legs with a machete not result in death? How is that realistic?

• Like 2

Nah, I want to see players get outrun by the zeds.

dawn of the dead has classic zeds butt the fast ones like in 28 day films :),

i would love it when the are killable only by head shooting or axe.

how about zeds without legs and arms?... or howabout zeds waiting in rooms and when u open a door the screem and jump at u , it would be scary as shit to open doors xD

How would removing both arms and legs with a machete not result in death? How is that realistic?

Ever heard of a crawler? You can remove the limbs but they still will be alive. Even humans can stay alive if you remove limbs as long as you can stop the bleeding and stabilize the blood pressure along with body temp.

And we are talking about zombies here not even usual human beings.

There are sadly loads of mil vets and civilians around lost their limbs and managed to survive. Wondering if you are living in the same world with all of us.

Edited by =1PARA=Prime=C.O=

Ever heard of a crawler? You can remove the limbs but they still will be alive. Even humans can stay alive if you remove limbs as long as you can stop the bleeding and stabilize the blood pressure along with body temp.

And we are talking about zombies here not even usual human beings.

There are sadly loads of mil vets and civilians around lost their limbs and managed to survive. Wondering if you are living in the same world with all of us.

Apparently you don't understand how a human body works. Also, rocket confirmed that they are infected. Him, along with everyone else, calls them zombies, but they are officially infected. Meaning they operate off of normal human conditions. 

The problem is nobody is mending the zombies' wounds. They are going to bleed out and die. Removal of a limb without doing anything = death. The human body cannot seal up a would that large by itself. Zombies are going to bleed out if they have big enough wounds. You are wrong.

Are we arguing the actual inner workings of zombies? Or headshots? Im lost. :/

Are we arguing the actual inner workings of zombies? Or headshots? Im lost. :/

The guy above you basically tries to be smartypants but yet failing to do so.  I've said "would be realistic rely or based on most of the zombie movies" yet he came up with "Realistic in General".   

Now he confused me there since ever wonder if he saw a zombie or an infected person became a zombie in real life?  so stating as it can't be realistic in real.

Secondly I've said "for human beings you have to apply sort of medical action, yet he came with other crap. So I'll stop replying to him after this point.

Edited by =1PARA=Prime=C.O=

I'd love for there to be the classic Romero zombies in this game but I voted against headshots. I think for the headshots only idea to work the zombies would have to be slow but in realistic numbers, which means many more on the server than there is now (10k+) and be less aware. It would be more a question of avoidance and making sure you can't be trapped somewhere, I think this would make for more of a thinking game but it wouldn't appeal to everyone. Perhaps one day both types of zombie could exist on different server types, as the environment wouldn't need to be changed.