omgwtfbbq (DayZ)

Oh, DayZ. (FPS test pictures)

Please view the framerate in the upper left. Both games are on maximum settings with these specs:

Intel i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz, NVIDIA 760 GTX with 2GB Video memory, 8GB RAM, Motherboard is MSi Z87-GD65 (7845-001R), 1TB HDD, Windows 8 with 1080p monitor

Also, this is not me saying DayZ is ugly, I'm saying the framerate is low. Please read the entire post before commenting.

DayZ: 

DayZ2014-03-0718-59-25-92_zps9f0b207c.pn

(Field near Svetlojarsk)

Crysis 3:

Crysis32014-03-0718-38-34-99_zps6db5fff2

Crysis32014-03-0718-33-05-36_zpsef9a90a6

Same computer.

Yeah yeah, different games, different map scale. Even still, Crysis 3 is known for melting computers; it's difficult to run on any PC and understandably so. DayZ is graphically inferior to Crysis, so that should provide a FPS boost. However, the massive scale of the map reduces framerates greatly. Yet, though I can max out Crysis 3, standing in an empty field near Svetlojarsk dips my framerate into the 20s.

My point is,  what the fuck kind of computer can run DayZ stably above 50 FPS?

EDIT: Unrelated, but I still like DayZ far more than Crysis 3. DayZ provides tense survival fun, and I've clocked over 90 hours in a few months. Crysis 3 is just a benchmark (and a damn good one at that). Crysis 2 was the peak of the series, albeit underrated.

EDIT2: My follow up point is they NEED to prioritize optimization of the damn game. I'd like to see significant improvements by the next two updates.

Edited by omgwtfbbq
  • Like 7

A supercomputer. I seriously wonder why it runs so shittly too.

Same crap here.. Havent actually checked fps but got pretty bad performace. My pc some years old but cmon should work bit better...

Also my cpu runs 4-8c warmer than other fps games.. Or even any game...

3,4ghz quad core

8gb ram

gtx 660

Didnt have perfomance problems before but then i bought dayz early access.. Yea i know its alpha but thats the point.. Maybe someone should do something about it..

Edited by MangoX

It's still Alpha, just hope they'll fix framerate issues before full release. (Although most Bohemia Interactive games have framerate issues for some people... but it's understandable since maps are huge ... and many other factors)

More complaints.

Try turning off SSAO you muppet.

Beans for your pic...

However i dont know how to turn it off in dayz...

Edited by MangoX

Apples and oranges! Comparisons across different engins are wothless. They are optimised for completely different purposes.

• Like 2

Change your settings OP.. there is more than a few things you can do, have it look the same and probably get another 40fps out of it. I mean if I do better than you with my toaster, something must be wrong

A supercomputer. I seriously wonder why it runs so shittly too.

I believe it is similar to Crysis 1, in which when it came out, it was made for some hypothetical computer from space. My current machine can't run Crysis 1 on ultra above 25 FPS, so even now it is still built for some unknown technology not yet discovered (how synoptic to the plot of Crysis).

Can you see beyond your monitor?

What does this mean?

More complaints.

Try turning off SSAO you muppet.

Ambient Occlusion is off, Anti-Aliasing is set to FXAA Very High.

Edited by omgwtfbbq

My PC runs DayZ SA from 50-70 FPS in forests. I'll get around 30-40 in cities.

• Like 1

Well your pc has a great MOBO and CPU plus you have 2x GTX 770 and 16 gb ram mate :)  Nice cpu OC there hitting almost 5.0.

Sometime I get 20 fps in forests from 0.37 update! WTF

In 0.35 I always got 60+FPS in forests :\

Edited by Pao

I think there will be quite a lot of optimization be done in the future but, honestly I think it will always be a hardwarekiller while other games (with better graphics) are not.

Edited by Tabinator
  • Like 1

Sometime I get 20 fps in forests from 0.37 update! WTF

In 0.35 I always got 60+FPS in forests :\

I found a solution!

If I set the graphic settings to default, and then I re-set resolution and all my settings I get 60+ FPS in forests... That's really strange

Crysis killed my machine when it came out..so i upped it to sli and then it only died in the part where the big white dome was around the alien ship. Arma ran terrible either way, exceptionally disgusting on sli. Current machine (old as he hills ) kills Crysis, Warhead and crysis two though. Dunno about Crysis three ..two went too pew pew and not enough stealth for me.

Depends on the star alignment as to how DayZ will run on any particular night..tonight was fluid and beautiful..so i retain hope :)

edit: i remember reading that Crysis 3 was built to kill pc's, always been a great looking game.

edit:  LINK

The original Crysis was a PC exclusive which set benchmarks for graphical performance and inspired waves of hardware upgrades; the phrase “can it run Crysis?” was a bit of a meme at the time. “There are brutal expectations around the PC version of Crysis 3. So this time we promise to melt down PCs.”

Edited by Hetstaine

in the forests i get a steady rate of 30 - 40 fps and in towns just around 20 - 25.

specs:

AMD Athlon II X4 640 3.00 GHz

8 GB RAM Corsair

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 2 GB

SanDisk SSD 256 GB

ingame settings @ 1680 x 1050

texture details: high

texture filtering: high

objects: very low/high  (not really a difference for me)

terrain: very low/high (" same here)

clouds: disabled

shadows: very low

aa: disabled

alpha to coverage: disabled

edge smoothing: FXAA high

hdr quality: low

ambient occlusion: disabled

postprocess quality: disabled

bloom: disabled

rotation blur: disabled

crkVU3y.jpg

Edited by duke0095
  • Like 1

You should be getting so much more from that system, to the people who think Dayz will be optimized, don't talk such crazy nonsense. BI never optimize but hey me might be able to run Dayz better in 2-3 years time.

Can't believe yet another fps thread.

This had been bouncing around the forums for years. It's not entirely PC related, it's the software that came from Arma2/Operation arrowhead and so on. DayZ is still based on that. If you're getting low fps I'd bet that if you had task manager open and a gpu monitor (afterburner for example) they'd both show you were using less than 100%. Probably less than 50% of one of the other (CPU - GPU). It's just the game at the moment. It might get better.... It has to.

But it isn't really related to your hardware, not in a be-all-and-end-all kind of way. Your hardware is good, about as good as my PC and I get 40-60 FPS most of the time except the 3 cities.

I've even known some servers that will let my game run better than others, especially in the mod - and that wasteland mod in arma2 that was horrendous on my machine. It'd use something like 30% of the GPU and I'd never get about 30fps even tho DayZ mod would be 50-60 and use 100%. With the exact same settings and config etc.

It's something more sinister than just having a big rig. That doesn't always seem to spell success within the creature that is DayZ. 

Fingers crossed it will get better. It should run, like you say, as well as crysis 3 and other such titles.

It shouldn't shit itself everytime a city or something complex gets close. 

Dunno why people have such Problems with this Game. For me it runs pretty solid on stabkle branch and even better on experimental (fps wise).

Specs are 4770k + 770 GTX @ stock and Game is cranked up to the max with only Rotation Blur on disabled.

Getting 45fps in the woods and fields, cities usually 35-40fps. Experimental runs even better but i didnt wanted to change it now just for some screens, will post them when it goes stable this wednesday (hopefully).

B2hp0mB.jpg

eXxfBfn.jpg

Fqt8ZkO.jpg

Some boost 30-40fps in cities? Weird when we know there is a huge problem there and whatever the config its more like 15-25fps ... 

To the OP, the comparison is totally wrong to do and its also pretty clear Dayz SA is in serious need of fix in the GFX department! But as suggested, keep to Normal and dont go near AO right now.

Can't believe yet another fps thread.

This had been bouncing around the forums for years. It's not entirely PC related, it's the software that came from Arma2/Operation arrowhead and so on. DayZ is still based on that. If you're getting low fps I'd bet that if you had task manager open and a gpu monitor (afterburner for example) they'd both show you were using less than 100%. Probably less than 50% of one of the other (CPU - GPU). It's just the game at the moment. It might get better.... It has to.

But it isn't really related to your hardware, not in a be-all-and-end-all kind of way. Your hardware is good, about as good as my PC and I get 40-60 FPS most of the time except the 3 cities.

I've even known some servers that will let my game run better than others, especially in the mod - and that wasteland mod in arma2 that was horrendous on my machine. It'd use something like 30% of the GPU and I'd never get about 30fps even tho DayZ mod would be 50-60 and use 100%. With the exact same settings and config etc.

It's something more sinister than just having a big rig. That doesn't always seem to spell success within the creature that is DayZ. 

Fingers crossed it will get better. It should run, like you say, as well as crysis 3 and other such titles.

It shouldn't shit itself everytime a city or something complex gets close. 

Huh, I didn't know that it didn't maximize GPU or CPU usage. I figured it wasn't the RV engine, because I can run ArmA III on max (except AA) with ~50 FPS everywhere. So yes, it seems that DayZ itself has a hardware usage issue.

[Picture of Green Mountain]

You're cursed.

Anyways, DayZ is the new way to destroy computers. Out with baseball bats and garbage compactors! In with DayZ