ispecter

Railway pump cart

The DayZ Dev team should add a railway pump cart that takes two players to operate, one cart on each server that people can use to get around the coast. The cart could go 40 to 50 km an hour. This cart could also be craftable if they chose to make it that way.

I feel like this little addition would make people want to befriend others to get to balota 

handcar.jpg

Edited by xRyan99

I don't know if you've ever used one, but getting it up to 50km/h is not very likely, nor remotely safe.

The map is supposed to be roughly 250kmsq. my character can run from one side of the map to the other in 30min or less, your debate is realism? technically my character is running 40km an hour as it is. 

40km an hour isn't that fast.

I feel like this little addition would make people want to befriend others to get to balota 

*Sigh*... a bandit wagon, really?

who wants a train train who crossed the chernarus map?
But before your train travel you need :

- coal

What do you thinkl about that? 

Sorry for my english

- coal

Sorry for my english

Ummm makes it sound abit like GTA where you can get on the train...It would take the fun out of driveing and being pulled over/shot at by people

I say stationary train but one which can be entered (for tactical positioning) and looted.

Actually, I think that could be a cool idea. It would take parts to build a working train, only one on a server obviously. Whom ever controlled the train, like say a group of people, would have access to building a large homebase where a train depot might be, using the future barricade/building system. they could load the train up from town to town and build a large stockpile. Thus creating an area they might control. They could be good guys and give stuff out for free. Or be bad guys that coax you in with a radio message and then murder you after taking your stuff. Or even thirdly, they might create a trading outpost where all could come to trade! They would need a large enough team to police the area to keep it safe... though you never know what might happen...

It would create a really cool aspect of realism on multiple accounts. As well as creating new ways for role playing, which is what the True Day Z gamer is looking for.

Also (but not necessary), there could even be hand crank styled "train" trolleys that you might build to travel through to the main towns a little quicker. But if you come across another or even the real train, and shit suddenly gets real. 

Also (but not necessary), there could even be hand crank styled "train" trolleys that you might build to travel through to the main towns a little quicker.

I like that idea.

Just imagine to build your base ON THE TRAIN, and he MOVES... if that is not cool, i don't know... Yeah a moving train would be cool, i like.

• Like 1

Just imgine the search function you could have used! The Train hath been brought up many times.

If there is a train there should also be a way to blow up the tracks (so it has to be repaired-sniper/attack danger) or a way to block the tracks / derail the train with for instance tree trunks.

That is of course a good point. But it should not be that easy, else every troll just spawned can do it.

As player controled vehicle it could be good, if you control a base and its a train station as an exampole then being in a team who controls that base and then able to use a train would be very immersive. Because on the flip side with stuff like c4 etc on the roadmap could mean that other squads could create ambushes for the train.

They would make it extremely difficult, if not impossible to repair it, but if you managed to do it, you would fuel it on massive amounts of coal you stockpiled, not using it for more than 6 hours in game, before you need another stockpile of coal

I just can't imagine this ingame, it could be a nearly impossible Easter egg tho

C.O. Wolf, this game hasn't turned into anything, the programmers have a plan, they wouldn't hardly deviate from it unless the idea was of extremely good quality or they missed something. However, idiots on the forum can spit out whatever nonsense they wish.

Hello there

Try using the 

- coal

Sorry for my english

Merging

Hello there

Ive merged the recent train thread with this as handcarts are much more logical and as we have gone over this multiple times.

Trains are not on the horizon dev-wise though.

Rgds

LoK