Pokerguy12

Players are more attached to loot then keeping character alive

"Players are more attached to the loot they find than keeping their character alive"

eg: Dayz is more a treasure hunt simulator than a survival themed game

Do you agree and should this be so?

Edited by Pokerguy10
  • Like 14

100% Agreed. People see this game as a pvp right now, and NOT survival. People don't give a shit about living, only collect "T3h bys7 gunZ 3v4r." 

Edited by AsOiX
  • Like 4

I agree with the statement. Character is only a vessel to the loot. Kinda sad. Need some kind of 'experience' system. ( don't flame me - im not suggesting just stating my opinion )

• Like 8

You replied in about 5 seconds of me posting this. You have all my cookies.

On a side note its absurd seeing players keep on running to their violent deaths at the airfields just for some precious gun when this game is about survival.

• Like 3

I agree too players character life have no real value by itself it's just the loot that makes you scared of losing something in death

• Like 1

You replied in about 5 seconds of me posting this. You have all my cookies.

On a side note its absurd seeing players keep on running to their violent deaths at the airfields just for some precious gun when this game is about survival.

Can't agree more on that. As Rocket himself said, they game design if flawed - but it doesn't have be that way. The problem is that - the PLAYER is not REWARDED in any way for being ALIVE for such a LONG time. 

I personally don't want to see this game as a RECREATION of Dayz. i want to see this game as Dayz evolution.

Edited by sYs
  • Like 6

Give this thread lots of beans and follow it. Maybe devs will address this issue?

I think there should be something that your charecter will develop after long lite surviving based on what you do , like increased stamina ,toughness , better accuracy with the most used weapon , better food absorb you will need less food to survive , become more adopted to the wether conditions , etc.

• Like 7

Makes sense as your body can only adapt and strengthen itself after living in rough wasteland conditions, as long as you are properly taken care of.

• Like 3

Let's see... 

... there is no purpose to be alive.

Lies ! ... and truth. There is no purpose to try to survive.

IF we had intervention in the world, like recovering the Dam to power output ( and therefore make the fridges work ), or establishing a wordwide Radio trasmission from Green Mountain facility ( that would be audible in all radio sets in the houses )... IF we had a... purpose, now, wouldn't many many DayZ hours develop in a different fashion.

Persistent Camps are only a upgrade to PvP scenario. But the players need interesting things to accomplish that CAN affect the whole territory.

Gear is more important than life. My gear, when I get killed, will help someone else, more often than not one of my buddies.

• Like 4

I believe I read somewhere that they were going to add in skill development to the game, like medical skills and firearm accuracy as well as fitness and whatnot. I think skills as such that can't be traded/looted would be a great and welcome addition and would encourage more friendly/cautious interaction between players.

• Like 3

I would like to see some real veteran survivors in dayz - tough , hard to kill with bare hands , less likely to get unconscious . I think it's completely fare , after all everybody can use the same loot

• Like 1

Let's see... 

... there is no purpose to be alive.

Lies ! ... and truth. There is no purpose to try to survive.

IF we had intervention in the world, like recovering the Dam to power output ( and therefore make the fridges work ), or establishing a wordwide Radio trasmission from Green Mountain facility ( that would be audible in all radio sets in the houses )... IF we had a... purpose, now, wouldn't many many DayZ hours develop in a different fashion.

Persistent Camps are only a upgrade to PvP scenario. But the players need interesting things to accomplish that CAN affect the whole territory.

Gear is more important than life. My gear, when I get killed, will help someone else, more often than not one of my buddies.

What about a clan that exists for the express purpose of killing other clans with unconventional tactics like infiltration and undercover espionage ?

I really like this. 

What about a clan that exists for the express purpose of killing other clans with unconventional tactics like infiltration and undercover espionage ?

We do it all the time. What we find hard is to exact a tax to enter a town. Impossible to do with only 8 guys...

THAT is the only activity even close to be... world changing, albeit temporary, that we can have right now.

When I say a town it can be an airport, or water sources, or hospitals, etc...

In the end it will all come down to the groups AND servers and no, no need to be private to do this stuff.

IF the devs ever think of making that Green Mountain radio transmitters active, and radio receivers working, damn, the following month would be HELL for control of "time share" in the facility.

Wasteland Radio anyone ?

... dream on .... and carry on fighting the good and the bad...fight.

• Like 1

The nature of the game at this very early stage is that there really is very little to do.If you really wanted to just survive, all you have to do is raid a few buildings, fill your pack full of food and cans of drink a can opener and then go and sit in a far away forest somewhere and stay there.

A few hours later, when your food is gone, come back and find more food.

Yay. fun. Survival rocks.

OR, find guns and hunt and kill people. Rob them, interact with them and kill them.

I know what I choose at the moment.

Edited by hozzdutch
  • Like 1

just one talent per charackter would be a good solution in my opinion.

i mean a player that can cook have no idea about medical stuff.

sounds hard(realistic) but fair.

;)

Considering that I spent days finding my pristine ttsko stuff, fully equipped M4 with scope, my pristine yellow boxes, my pristine change of clothes and all the other pristine stuff, I don't want to die, so that's not my experience. I only engage the enemy on long range.

Surviving is not a problem.. =) pvp is most enjoyable now. Because of that people are fighting instead of it. 

Having good gear is the only incentive for surviving unless you roleplay in a certain way.

Gearing up after death isn't that hard but like someone else said, finding all the attachments and clothing in a style you want is quite hard.

If this is the only reason for exercising caution at the moment, then it's a good a reason as any.

Perma-death would be a lot more brutal if your character gained something for surviving longer.

Can't agree more on that. As Rocket himself said, they game design if flawed - but it doesn't have be that way. The problem is that - the PLAYER is not REWARDED in any way for being ALIVE for such a LONG time.

I personally don't want to see this game as a RECREATION of Dayz. i want to see this game as Dayz evolution.

IMO, the exp addition wouldn't change what we have now.

Think of it like this: Right now, new spawns suicide and YOLO rush people who have guns because they have nothing to lose.

If you add in EXP, and you lose it all on death, nothing changes. A fresh spawn will still have nothing to lose.

If you made it so that you only lose EXP for dying in rapid succession, like suiciding for a better spawn or dying within 60 minutes of respawning because you bum rushed a high loot area to gear up, you run the risk of high levelers not worrying about dying cause "all I lost was loot", BUT griefing on the coast will grow exponentially to make high EXP players lose their EXP by killing them as soon as they respawn. Just my 2 cents.

• Like 2

I don't care nothing about gear easy coming easy going :|

but I care about character life 100%

I survive few time when clan find me I say 'here take everything I put on floor don't kill' :o

for me only point of game is survive  ;)

live to fight for other days

Edited by KoS

100% Agreed. People see this game as a pvp right now, and NOT survival. People don't give a shit about living, only collect "T3h bys7 gunZ 3v4r." 

As a Canadian speaking to a fellow American, your leetspeak is borderline offensive.

I do agree to this, people tend to care more about the cosmetic look/feel to their characters than actually putting in more effort the ensure that they stay alive and survive.

I have been told by a few people, that you shouldn't care about gear/living because it's just a game and not important, well if you believe that, why play a survival game?