kOepi (DayZ)

suggestion for login dead areas around attractive areas

Would the game benefit from these restrictions in the original post?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Would the game benefit from these restrictions in the original post?

• it would benefit the most as its written in the original post
    • it would benefit mostly, but it needs some tweaking in a detail
    • it would NOT benefit too much to be mentioned, nor implemented

hey guys,

I'd like to suggest a restriction for certain areas + a radius of 500 m, in which you cannot login and use that as an advantage over others, a red zone.

currently experienced:

the combat is four dimensional, and aswell as people put time for "preparation" to set themselves in a good position on a friendly
server without knowing if there is gonna be anybody even in that city.
a team defending and securing a building cannot do anything against a single person spawning on top and clearing downwards
and surprising them.
Aswell as different teams can "prepare" themselves for a good position in a city and would be spawning directly on each other,
which would be quite rare atm, but it is possible.
this is not supporting the creation or practise of teamwork.

expected:

the combat should be three dimensional. if you have cleared a building, it stays clear, unless someone walks in.
if you secure half of the city with a team, it stays that way, unless somebody sneaks through or attacks.
you can put a lot of effort into training and fighting and then someone spawns behind you and surprises you.

this aint the enterprise ;).

current areas I think of are the three military bases, elekrozvodsk, chernagorsk, dubky,
novoiselky, chapaesk, zeleonogorsk and the one that is next to khelm on the coast.

all the other smaller towns would have a no login space + a radius of 100 meter.

you cannot log out in a red zone, so people know when they
can logout. if your game crashes, or you close your game in a red zone,
you will be spawning at the usual spawnpoints at the coast with all your gear.

what do you think?

greetz

kOepi

Edited by kOepi
  • Like 2

WarZ BoreZ didnt do this to well, and massively messed the game up. I do like the idea but how would you impliment it.

• Like 1

no further interaction needed.
you would be in a "green zone", you login, where you logoff.
you would be in a "red zone", the suggested dead area, you cannot logoff, so you need to leave the radius outside the town/base of addtional 100 to 500 meters, depending on town size or loot
until you can logoff, being in a green zone.

edit:

if the game crashes or you want to close the game no matter what you login back to the coast, at the usual newspawn spawnpoints.
this way you are not part of the current engagement anymore, in most cases.

But you can still flee, better than without restriction though. any idea on how to go permit that?

Edited by kOepi

WarZ

We dont speak of that here......Shhhhh

I think you should not be allowed to log off in a Red Zone ... this would prevent you randomly spawning and ruining the immersion. If the game crashes and you are in a Red Zone ... it should allow you to log back in at the last Green Zone area.

Technically this is not difficult to do ... but I am not sure whether it is doable on the current game engine. My game engine experience is based off other engines.

Edited by novogeek
  • Like 1

thanks novo, thats even simpler and the player always know wether he has left the red zone.

you would be in a "red zone", the suggested dead area, you cannot logoff, so you need to leave the radius outside the town/base of addtional 100 to 500 meters, depending on town size or loot

Actually a good idea, the problem I see is the restriction of logging off in a certain area: if RL is calling I wanna log out no matter what and not first run around looking for a green area, especially not when you're in a hotzone where gundfights are happening at that very moment.

Also: badmins could abuse the system in a way that they could kick their members/ teammates in a said building and could respawn at the same position on a different server, then go back to private hive, get kicked again and move to another server, it would not be as easy as server-hopping without any restrictions but it would be a huge advantage and most likely would get abused.

I'd find it better to be able to acutally login outside of a red zone, even when logged out in it. The problem I see with this is  that there maybe would be different fixed spawn-points to avoid people getting auto-assigned to areas they cannot move out to (spawn in a wall or room withouto doors/ windows) and these spawn-points could get camped.

Edited by daisho

I like it, with the addition that you SHOULD be able to log out in the restricted area, and if you do you'll log on again on the edge of it. Which could be dangerous, but that's the risk you take when choosing to log off in a town or military base. 

• Like 1

@rickenbacker

the way you describe it could be abused when in a fixed situation and to login on the same server outside the town to attack again.
"Scottie, beam me out of this shithole and let me try again"

Though I have to correct myself regarding the edge of red area spawning, thanks for your feedback.

@ daisho

I dont understand why the badmin example would be a benefit for anybody.

• Like 1

@ daisho

I dont understand why the badmin example would be a benefit for anybody.

oops, I meant it would be an advantage for the badmin and his crew, huge disadvantage for everyone else.

Edited by daisho

Been discussed to death already. Unworkable, use search to learn why. Suggested with the best of intentions I know. Yoda, I apparently am.

my idea is that you cannot disconnect for some areas like big towns and military areas.because when you do disconnect there and go back there is guy behind your back

my idea is that you cannot disconnect for some areas like big towns and military areas.because when you do disconnect there and go back there is guy behind your back

is bat to - not one server hopper you will stop than run he out 3 minutes - only the lost connection dudes will be sentence.  its the same with a lost connection on the runway  and 5 zombis stand after reconnect on the runnway and kill you in that timer time or the please wait time - i hate this shit ^^

Edited by Crusader78

Not good when you need to leave urgently. Sometimes you need to go now, not in 5 minutes, but now. 

you cannot log out in a red zone, so people know when they

can logout. if your game crashes, or you close your game in a red zone,

you will be spawning at the usual spawnpoints at the coast with all your gear.

I share your sentiments, but I am not sure about the implementation. On top of what General Zod mention you basically offers a free get out of doge teleport system, all you need todo is close you game in red zone and puff.. Edited by Mor

I think there should not be fixed "dead zones" on the map but rather dynamic "dead zones" around players. They should not be too big as people should still be able to meet up ingame, log out and log in together but big enough to cover the "combat logging" issue.

I made a suggestion a while back where there is a 20-40 m "bubble" around players that blocks logins (moved outside this area) and logouts (bodies do not disappear) but are only created by "active" characters - everyone in the process of logging out or who just spawned very recently should not produce one.

I don't like it at all.

When in a big city, I have to leave it to log out? Nah, don't like it at all.

Spawning at the coast when "losing" connection within a redzone?

Situation a) NWAF, two buddies. Boom one dead - no prob dude, I'll just teleport over the entire map "Alt+F4" Woops, sorry I lost the connection.

Situation b ) NWAF, you just put your left foot on it. Internet gone. Surprise! Running is healthy so run there again. (I'd love to see the people on the hills waiting for fully geared players to lose there connection and spawn at the coast with no cover whatsoever.

The bubble solution? No thanks. I already see me spawning mid-air falling to death because the building I logged out in is full of people.

Edited by Crizztl

I don't like it at all.

When in a big city, I have to leave it to log out? Nah, don't like it at all.

Spawning at the coast when "losing" connection within a redzone?

Situation a) NWAF, two buddies. Boom one dead - no prob dude, I'll just teleport over the entire map "Alt+F4" Woops, sorry I lost the connection.

Situation b ) NWAF, you just put your left foot on it. Internet gone. Surprise! Running is healthy so run there again. (I'd love to see the people on the hills waiting for fully geared players to lose there connection and spawn at the coast with no cover whatsoever.

The bubble solution? No thanks. I already see me spawning mid-air falling to death because the building I logged out in is full of people.

a) you can do it once, but you will have ensurance, that you will actually be able to get to your one buddy in one jump, so whats the deal?

more importantly is that you dont have an advantage through ghosting.

b) the spawns are now distributed over the whole map, so no danger from being camped.