doublebrain

ArmA 3 Stances in DayZ

Add ArmA 3 Stances to DayZ

a3_stance_adjust.jpg

Has already been discussed a little in this thread. But even the OP said there should be a new thread opened for the idea because it acctualy wasnt realy related to his suggestion.

So it would simply add more stances to the game. ZXC would be still the keys for quick change between prone, crouch and stand. But with a combination of keys you could go a little lower while crouching for example untill you are completly prone again. Would make it easier to shoot from behind cover.

Im not hooked on the idea. I just wanted to create a topic where ppl can discuss it.

I think it would a good thing but not too necessary.

I dont own any right on this idea. All rights go to AsOiX.

Edited by Symon
  • Like 41

Why are all survivors running around like they had years of training at magpul enterprises and recieved a magpul m4 as a graduation gift?

• Like 5

I'm all for it. It makes ArmA 3 feel...right. I guess that's the word.

From what I understand Standalone is a bit of a mix of ArmA 2 and ArmA 3 (correct me if I'm wrong). I'm wondering if it's possible? I have no idea, I am completely ignorant when it comes to developing and all that jazz.

Sidenote: I always kinda thought the overall engine was the same within the ArmA series...going all the way back to OFP. I mean, since the beginning people were able to import mods, maps, and buildings and such to each new iteration in the series. Then again, like I said, I'm totally ignorant about these things.

I'd actually love to see the stance system of ArmA3 being available in the DayZ SA, good call.

I'd like to see this, If not just for the seated firing position only.

I'd like to see this, If not just for the seated firing position only.

This stance would come in handy when you got a broken bone. You are not completly prone but there is still no pressure on your legs.

Why are all survivors running around like they had years of training at magpul enterprises and recieved a magpul m4 as a graduation gift?

Please stop with this "These survivors have no training, they can't do this, that, or the other" BS I'm seeing a LOT of. If you wanna get THAT realistic, then how about we take away the survivor's ability to insert an IV. Because without thorough medical training, you will not be able to stick an IV in your VEIN (not artery which can be easily mistaken for) efficiently without cause sever damage and/or bleeding.

Edited by Shadow134
  • Like 6

Please stop with this "These survivors have no training, they can't do this, that, or the other" BS I'm seeing a LOT of. If you wanna get THAT realistic, then how about we take away the survivor's ability to insert an IV. Because without thorough medical training, you will not be able to stick an IV in your VEIN (not artery which can be easily mistaken for) efficiently without cause sever damage and/or bleeding.

Besides that I dont think you need military training to sit with a weapon or move your head down. Its just stupid.. people can move their body without a problem. If I need to I can lie down like the first guy in the picture. I might not be able to keep all my accuraty when doing so but Im pretty sure I can do it when I have to keep my body as low as possible to stay alive.

Choke on my beans. Its not like people lose all experience when SHTF. Im a teen, and had basic survival, tactical and shooting skikls before I ever even heard of arma let alone dayz. If its MY story as so.many of you complain about, let me have MY story abilities.

Or, for both sides, have different stances in customization (tactical, untrained, ect)

I've seen a cath placed into someone's artery, the pressure is someone you'd think would only happen in movies...10~ foot spurt up from the ac, had me giggling and going "Oh, someone better apply pressure" ;p

besides the form being heavily combat oriented, anyone could learn the proper form with minimal instruction.

I've seen a cath placed into someone's artery, the pressure is someone you'd think would only happen in movies...10~ foot spurt up from the ac, had me giggling and going "Oh, someone better apply pressure" ;p

besides the form being heavily combat oriented, anyone could learn the proper form with minimal instruction.

Yeah, youd be surprised at how much blood is in a person

This is one of the few things that really makes Arma III combat, way more complex then Arma II combat ever was.
Hell yes, we need this so much  :D

Ehm....
How does peaking around corners and protecting yourself, constitute "years of training"?
In a situation like this, it would be nothing more then common sense lol.

I hope you arent telling me, you have no idea how to lean your body and peak around corners?

How to sit down and lower your profile, to make it harder for people to see you.

Take your friends to a painball game, and see this happen before your eyes, without "years of traning" hehe.
I can promise you, people would use this ASAP, if an apocalypse occured in our time and day mate, its simply basic survival and protection of one self.

Common sense tbh, implement it pls :)

• Like 1

Can't really say I'd use the extra ones much if at all but I could be wrong. I didn't play Arma 3 so I haven't used these before.

then how about we take away the survivor's ability to insert an IV. Because without thorough medical training, you will not be able to stick an IV in your VEIN (not artery which can be easily mistaken for) efficiently without cause sever damage and/or bleeding.

Why not? I'm all for it or if you still want it have them let you try and put 100 holes into your arm before you hit one properly. There is something wrong with the average survivor to have the right stance all the time, reload with the same efficiency all of the time and sooht consistent all of the time and of course having the endurance of a marathon runner paired with the speed of usain bolt.

• Like 1

So it takes years of military training to be able to look over a wall just a few inches higher, or under a window frame? Makes all survivors sound pretty retarded. 

would happily welcome the stance system. have had plenty of situations where being to look a little lower, but not crouching as that would be too low, would have been greatly appreciated. 

Granted, the form of all the stances are heavily geared toward military tactics and body position however it's not anything that cannot be learned. Since the skeleton system in SA differs the elbows could be untucked more, weapon shouldered lower, and the stance could be closer or wider. It would give a more civilian feel and body posture awhile allowing for multiple levels of body elevation. Either way, the main take away is that with more of a variety you open up more tactical uses and add more depth to combat.

More stances = good

Multi-functional stance keybind = good

Because anybody who hasn't got military training is a complete retard who can't figure out that you can raise and lower your stance to see over or below an object.

There should be an option to hit the deck when running.

Currently your guy stops, crouches and then lies down. Which is obviously retarded.

Throwing yourself to the ground while running is a basic thing that should definitely find it's way into the game. Especially with the military focus of dayZ.

All the cool kids are doing it.

Because people need to be trained on how to crouch a certain way?

we need more stances for sure!

Face it this isnt arma 2 anymore. Remember these combat control are based off that. and dayz was a mod from arma 2. With this new game they should utilize new stuff to make a more dynamic playing experience. If you played arma 3 then you wouldnt argue about stances.

if you have played arma 3 you would know what i mean. It is really fun and effective in combat. Also giving the player more options and a more enjoyable experience.