Sign in to follow this  
MasLegio (DayZ)

Skill system?

read that there might be leveling and or skills implemented later.

Maybe would be nice with community suggestions on skill systems.

Leveling skills by doing action often or selecting skill to level. Skills removed completely when dying.

Hunting/wilderness skills.

- hear animals more easily

- see animals more easily

- make animal noises and attract animals

- faster time to gut animal

- get more meat of animal

- faster time to set up, light, extinguish and remove fire

- faster time to cook meat.

- using animal blood for drinking fluid.

- set up camp without tent.

Zombie survivor skills.

- hear zombies more easily.

- get closer to zombies without being attacked.

- better accuracy and or damage against zombies

- be able to act like zombie, not being attacked.

medic skills.

- bandage faster

- give blood faster

- bandage + blood refill at the same time

etc.

I hope there isn't any type of skill system implemented, next we'll see rifleman, sniper, CQC skill sets. I want this to be a game that doesn't require the aquisition of skill points to build a character, its grindy its lazy development and it puts a huge gap between player ability (especially if we end up with skills that can bring advantages to PvP).

I agree with Alex. Right now, players alone have the skillsets necessary to do all of these things without any hand-holding, if they themselves play the game enough. The actual player "levels up" the more they play the game. I don't think a game with the kind of immersion factor that Day Z provides really needs this kind of hand-holding.

For any other game? Sure. It's just that Day Z is intended to leave as much up to the player as possible. I think it's best to keep it that way, because that's how the game continues to be unique.

I personally feel that loot is enough for character improvement. I hope this game doesn't turn into another RPG where people are playing just to increase some artificial number, instead real skill within the player himself should determine the winner in a PVP situation.

Adding level and skill system would make this game even more addictive which in my honest opinion is a bad thing.

There was a thread somewhere where rocket mentioned implementing skills.

But it read more as a reward for staying alive longer and doing things repeatedly so you become better at it. As opposed to choosing a class and spawning in as rifleman/medic etc.

I'm not sure if it was related to a levelling/experience system. I read it as being you have a greater chance of learning a skill the more you do the associated action.

iunno.