Heeeere's johnny!

All DayZ Standalone changelogs

Better late than never ... This update came out Friday already, but finally here's some hopefully useful information:

Update 32 - 0.48.124674 - Expermental

What is already known about the changes? DayZ.tv has a brief compilation of what's new in the latest experimental update. Here's an exract:Persistence seems to be working pretty well for now, so let's hope it stays that way.

Have a nice Play!

Johnny

----------

All DayZ changelogs on top of page 1

Edited by Heeeere's Johnny
  • Like 1

Only just seen this, nice work Johnny.

Could we get this stickied please mods?

• Like 1

This time it's more of a "regular maintenance" update as mentioned in the status report from 4 August 2014.

Update 33 - 0.48.124699 - Expermental

What this update is about:

• melee combat
  • container contents
  • global voice manipulation
  • camera clipping issues

But nevertheless, some people gathered some information about the changes coming with this update:

• introducing persistent containers and items
  • Crossbow Holosight
  • you have to point your cursor on a target to hit it with a melee weapon:
    • "we have turned off swing hit detection and put straightforward cursor detection in for the interim" (status report, Peter / Lead Designer)
  • find more new items in this brief collection by alaskafish (reddit)

Have a nice Play!
Johnny

----------

New update, new content. This changelog - as usual since a while - contains not only the latest changes, but also the changes made in the previous experimental updates. So don't wonder if you see something "new" which you already know as you saw it on exp servers.

Update 35 - 0.48.124737 - Stable

Some of the most interesting changes:
  • Animations: Restrained sprint (run)
  • Crafting: You can sharpen wooden sticks
  • Crafting: Preparing chicken will now also give you some chicken feathers
  • Crafting: You can combine sharpened sticks and feather to create a primitive arrow
  • Gear: Added lifetime and persistence parameters
  • Engine: First iteration of wall clipping fix
  • Loot: Loot tables changed
  • Loot: Rotten fruit and vegetables removed from loot spawns
Have a nice Play!

Johnny

----------

Zeetings, everyone!

Slightly out of the regular update schedule, but therefore the bigger (1000+ MB) the latest update has come.

Update 36 - 0.49.124857 - Experimental

Some ambitious player has taken his time to make a nice tentative changelog of what we are supposed to find in the game now. Check it if you're interested. Well, if you weren't, you wouldn't read this thread and this post, would you? ^_^

There has been a minor update just before that, but that was only a runtime update, installing Visual C++ 2010 if not already installed on your PC. The game itself was not changed which is why there's no change in the version number.

Have a nice Play!

Johnny

----------

Wow, three updates in four dayz or so? I couldn't even keep track due to my real life keeping me busy.

But luckily, some brave reddit user alaskafish (I wonder what your favorit meal is), is not only keeping track of what's new, until we will read it in the next (official) stable changelog, he's also logging some bugs he found. I'm not sure if that's good or bad, but it's ... something.

Anyway, for those of you who want some details, here's the data:

Update 39 - 0.49.124937 - Experimental

Update 38 - 0.49.124931 - Experimental

Update 37 - 0.49.124860 - Experimental

If I should be mistaken with the one or the other data, feel free to let me know.

Have a nice Play!
Johnny

----------

I made a ton of changelogs (including undocumented data) on the wiki

Edited by basinox

Nice! But now, you're trailing by three updates as your latest changelog is 0.49.124857 ;)

Btw, I don't do changelogs as you do. I just track them.

• Like 1

Nice! But now, you're trailing by three updates as your latest changelog is 0.49.124857 ;)

Btw, I don't do changelogs as you do. I just track them.

I know, Its just a suggestion for people who want some all around information about the updates

The 40th update is a stable one again, which means both experimental and stable branch are temporary equal in progress.

Update 40 - 0.49.124971 - Stable

Not as much of a changelog as some might have expected after a month, but it's not always the big bunch of new things as there's bugs to be fixed and huge new things which only take up one line in the changelog, such as a new town (in this case "Severograd").

There is no really interesting stuff in the new items (some batons and changes in the loot table), but this might be interesting:

• resuscitation, fibrillation
  • player temperature (probably in coherence with resuscitation and fibrillation)
Fixes:
  • duplication techniques removed
  • various gesture related fixes and polishing
  • various desync issues
  • various server performance issues
And I don't know what "First iteration of central economy" means, but it sounds interesting. :P

Have a nice Play!

Johnny

----------

Update! Interestingly, though it's been several dayz, the build number has only been incremented by 1.

Update 41 - 0.49.124972 - Experimental

• Title: n/a
  • Author: n/a
  • Posted: (update provided 25 September 2014)
  • Last edited: not edited
Unfortunately, nobody has made a list yet (and I've been too lazy so far :P) so we might need to wait some dayz until some information about the changes have been gathered. Until then,

Have a nice Play!

Johnny

----------

746.8 MB of update "mass" were deployed today. As it turns out, the magic version number of 0.50 has been breached. Let's see if that has anything to say.

Update 42 - 0.50.125073 - Experimental

• Posted: (update provided 1 October 2014)
  • Last edited: not edited
Have a nice Play!

Johnny

----------

Update, experimental, no official changelog ...

At least, there is a changelog again. I probably should go a bit more relaxed on this as I'm trying to be as just-in-time as possible not thinking about that nobody is going to have a tentative changelog by then. Anyway, here it is:

Update 43 - 0.50.125144 - Experimental

So, what's new?

Well, helmets, weapons, ... except for the craftable small fish trap and the rangefinder, nothing really interesting to my perspective. But we canno always expect some super cool additions with every update, so we shouldn't be nitpicky about that. Just enjoy what's new or what's "old" and

Have a nice Play!

Johnny

----------

Who else was so excited about the update, as I was?

Based on the experiences of the past where being "too up-to-date" with the changelogs, I waited this time to actually get some content rather than just linking the changelog.

So as you all know, experiental has no changelog, all the changes will be in the next stable changelog. But this is what people found out so far:

Update 44 - 0.50.125214 - Experimental

What's new?

- new items like

thx badash

thx smasht

- seeds to grow different plants

thx Deathlove

- green house can be fertilized

thx St. Jimmy

- repair various stuff (clothing, cans etc.) with duct tape

thx solodude23 &

- craft new stuff with duct tape, like a rabbit snare (thx solodude23)

- locked doors which can be lockpicked or smashed open with a melee weapon

I think you just need a lockpick in order to lock the door. (Pic)

You can hit the door a few times w/ a melee weapon to break the lock

thx solodude23

- underground areas in the new military base

thx smasht

Also, concerning the new jack of all trades device, called "duct tape", here's some interisting details to know about it's new capabilities:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?showtopic=212191&p=2139686 (thx )

Have a nice Play!

Johnny

PS: Please forgive me if I accidently forgot or misplaced something or misquoted someone. This BBCode is not that easy with that many quotes...

----------

• Like 1

Oops. Looks like I've been waiting a bit too long with my information gathering... Well, anyway, here's the note:

Update 45 - 0.50.125271 - Experimental

basinox has done a good job there again, so thanks.

So whiskeytango has done some research on the growing behaviour of the tomatoes you can plant and harvest:

It might seem like gathering food and sticks in the woods is still not as promising as it may sound, though:

But appearently, this is a very subjective view:

Have a nice Play!

Johnny

----------

We made it!

It took us almost two months to get to that point, but DayZ has reached version 0.50! Here's the changelog:

Update 47 - 0.50.125369 - Stable

Just at the same time, the DayZ forum was slightly updated in its appearence. Can you tell? ;)

Some of you might already know the new items posted in that changelog, like

• Sledge hammer
  • Tomato seeds
  • Medical thermometer (what the hell is that for???)
  • Metal wire

But especially for that last one I'm interested in what's there to come to use it. Maybe for building traps or alarms?

The player temperature under "New Mechanics" in that changelog has been sort of a mess to my consideration. When you spawn and it's raining, you're almost doomed to die. You start freezing, get colder and colder, no matter what you wear, until you're at the point where you're hypothermic and then dead.

I've personally had that several times on experimental branch. I don't know if the dev team did something about this before that push to stable, maybe it's even intended, but either way, it is pretty frustrating.

Nevertheless, as you might know, water/rain has an influence on the state of your items. They degrade when getting in contact with water so the fact that there is Waterproof items kind of teases me as I never had the feeling that even a rain coat was water proof. You may have made other experiences, please don't pin me down on that. ;)

There have also been 5 new towns being produced out of thin air which I personally never realized, honestly. But it's a good thing, because by all those new villages and town, players may reduce the times where they're just running through the woods to get to the next town.

And for the trigger happy gunlovers among you, there is a new Military Base near Severograd.

Have a nice Play!
Johnny

----------

"Life is what happens when you start making plans."

Never thought that sentence might become that real to me... Without going into details, that's actually what got me into the trouble of delaying this post by half a week.

Update 52 - 0.51.125720 - Stable

• Title: Changelog Stable - 0.51.125720
  • Author:
  • Posted: 3 December 2014
  • Last edited: n/a

We've all been waiting for it and now we've got one - the first vehicle, the V3S.

BI is currently massively advertising DayZ on their website frontpage and in the forums with this banner:
dayz_veh_update_forums.jpg

Following this process, I'm honestly asking myself, who is going to buy this game when it's finished, when there is millions of Alpha players already?

Anyway, it seems like there were not that many new things as the changelog had to be streched with whitespaces. Seen it? ;)

But except for the obvious as some vehicle animations and mechanics, there's some other interesting stuff in the changelog:

• "Uncuffing using keys" (I thought this should be possible for months already 0_o)
  • "Human Flesh" (beware the cannibals!)

And of course the best of all bullet points:

• "And a lot more!" ^_^

Have a nice Play!
Johnny

----------

For Christmas time, the DayZ dev team took the effort, to push a kinda special update:

Update 55 - 0.52.126010 - Stable

Why special? Well, because the change log contains "christmas presents" (mechanism) and "christmas assets" (location). What that is? I don't know, check it out. ;)

What else is cool about this update?

• new item: Stone Knife (and its crafting)
  • new mechanism:
    • Suicide
    • Using scopes for scouting
    • Using of almost all items for melee
I personally am very interested in both using a scope for scouting AND crafting a stone knife, because I was a bit annoyed when running around with three or four cans without being able to open them while in the real world, if I had a can of food and nothing to open it with, I'd just smash that thing on a rock or the damn road and eat what's flowing out.

Though some players already complained, crafting a stone knife was bugged, we'll see. Anyway, I'd be very glad if crafting a stone knife would not be too hard ^_^

Have a nice Play!

Johnny

----------

Wow, 5 updates in 4 days! :) If that's not a reason to sum some stuff up.

Obviously, it was not just my bad timing, but was noone else was getting on a single experimental server since Update 56. Reading through some player comments, at least in Europe, all exp servers seemed to be down most of the time, for weeks (+- a few days). A lot of discussion has been going on about "When are the exp servers back up?" and many people had stated they switched back to stable as they don't see a point in waiting for several days for some exp servers to come back. Well, hopefully they did by now.

But nevertheless, we witness some slight changes and some new bugs coming with them over the past weeks, but firstly the data:

Update 57 - 0.53.126348 - Experimental

Update 58 - 0.53.126370 - Experimental

As exp usually doesn't come with a changelog and the "changelogs" published for these two updates are rather tentative (if at all), here's a more proper changelog:
Dayz 0.53 Update: Features & Items List (DayZ TV)

So, the recipe for the fireplace changed:

Fires do work but the recipe has changed.

Put the fireplace kit on the ground, hold five sticks or three logs in your hands and you should get the option to craft a fireplace. You can add the tripod and pot to it or make a stove by adding 8 small stones, and there's some other small changes to fireplace mechanics.

Pictures (not mine)

thx B4GEL

Almost looks like an improvised oven, if you will.

For those of you who didn't notice yet: Be careful when driving a truck. If the server restarts while you are in the truck, you will be reset to the last position you mounted the truck. Details here:

thx barnabus
Regarding that issue, vote up this Ticket in the Feedback Tracker.

So make sure you dismount and remount every few minutes.

Aside of all the other newly introduced items, the coolest (to my consideration) is this:

thx

Why? Because it looks awesome:

But not only this, some not minor map changes took place - check it out:

thx Tatanko

Of course, apprehensions are there will happen a lot of sniping as players will have a very good view down the coastal road, but it'll probably for that very reason be challenged equally hard. We'll see.

And then there was Update 59 which finally got uns exp players back to the servers (hopefully longer than a day):

Update 59 - 0.53.126384 - Experimental

• Posted: 2 February 2015

Even though "spam drinking" has been fixed in some way, it still seems possible to workaround this:

thx Tatanko

And...

thx xCAPx

And I like this Tweet by so much as it says:
"We're doing almost daily pushes to exp, so I'll go ahead and let you guys keep your gear from 126370. THIS TIME." :D

Damn, it's hard to keep track when there's roughly 1.3 updates every day... Well, that's the status quo:

Update 60 - 0.53.126391 - Experimental

• Posted: 3 February 2015

Update 61 - 0.53.126398 - Experimental

• Posted: 3 February 2015

Have a nice Play!
Johnny

----------

• Like 3

It only took three weeks for a new stable branch update which is kinda fast compared to some previous times, for instance between Update 40 and 47 which was a period from 17 September 2014 to 5 November 2014, so almost two months.

Update 64 - 0.54.126645 - Stable

As some of you, especially the experimental branch players, will already have noticed, all items have a weigth now. For now, this does not have any effect yet, but I am assuming, in the future your overall weight will determine your food and water rates and maybe your speed and/or stamina.

Something mentioned in the changelog, but which I personally haven't realized yet, are the new rock models. I don't exactly know what that means. If somebody reading this should know/see the difference, feel free to post it here or in the discussion thread.

There are also some interesting new items and objects:

• Pile of bones
  • Bone Arrow
  • Bone Hook
  • Carrier plate with attachable holster and pouches

But no time to breathe guyz'n'gals, today there's already been the next Update:

Update 65 - 0.54.126692 - Stable

• Posted: (update provided 26 February 2015)

Appearently, the dev team switched back to the old menu style, maybe due to some "lockups". I personally experienced every second frequently occuring temporary freezes in the server browser. Also, the browser was filling up constantly, so previous bounderies did not seem to apply.

Have a nice Play!
Johnny

----------