blunce

Jungle Taping [Suggestion]

For those who don't know, "jungle taping" is simply ducttaping 2 magazines (such as those used for an M4) together in order to decrease reload time, as opposed to keeping a second clip stored elsewhere (i.e. ammo pouch, ammo box. etc.). I feel that the crafting mechanic could be fairly simple to implement (2 clips & a roll of ducttape). I feel this would be far more useful in the scenario that you only have two 20round mags at your disposal as opposed to two 40round mags (How often does one need to fire 80 rounds in quick succession?), although it could work for any capacity mag that your heart desires. But I wouldn't want the mechanic to allow to you to mix & match, such as taping a 20 to a 40, a 30 to a 40, a 20 to a 30, etc. The reload time when using jungle taping could be brought down significantly when using this method. What do you guys think? Anything you'd like to add? Anything you guys disagree with? Reasons this wouldn't work/shouldn't be implemented? All positive & negative feedback welcome.

Edited by blunce

It already is implemented.

Edited by Geckofrog7
  • Like 1

For those who don't know, "jungle taping" is simply ducttaping 2 magazines (such as those used for an M4) together in order to increase reload time...

wut?

• Like 4

They can be found in game, but they cant be crafted atm.

My friend has 2 duct taped clips in his backpack right now.

Try it.

Try it.

So you are saying you CAN craft them? :O Missed that in the patch notes.

• Like 1

Try it.

I've seen the dual mags that are attached together (60 rounds I believe), but I don't believe it's a CRAFTABLE item. They just spawn like that, nor do I believe it increases reload time. Correct me if I'm wrong.

wut?

The battery is dead. I don't know how to make that any clearer

The dual mags in the game that are attached to each other are not duct taped. They have a clip in between them.

• Like 1

The battery is dead. I don't know how to make that any clearer

It decreases reload time, battery or no battery (I don't know what you are on about)

I've seen the dual mags that are attached together (60 rounds I believe), but I don't believe it's a CRAFTABLE item. They just spawn like that, nor do I believe it increases reload time. Correct me if I'm wrong.

And again, it decreases reload time. Also, with the dual mag in-game, there is no reload in between the two mags, i.e. you can fire all 60 rounds without having to reload.

The dual mags in the game that are attached to each other are not duct taped. They have a clip in between them.

Oh...that makes sense.

OP, you should have this requested to be moved if it is a suggestion. It is in the wrong sub forum.

I like M-16 machine guns.

M-16 isn't a machine gun, it is a rifle. An assault rifle to be exact.

An M60 on the other hand IS a machine gun (GPMG or general purpose machine gun). SAW is a light machine gun.

If it is a belt fed weapon then it is typically a machine gun.

• Like 3

again for the masses who seem to not follow the news or devs

-- curently can find a double 5.56 30 round mag. (so 60 rd)

-- jungle taping to be implemented as a craftable item via duct tape (that is avail)

Edited by deebz1234

resized_troll-face-meme-generator-congra

I like M-16 machine guns.

An M60 on the other hand IS a machine gun (GPMG or general purpose machine gun). SAW is a light machine gun.

• Like 5

No M60 is a tank git ur fax write.

Edited by Geckofrog7
  • Like 2

SAW is exactly that...a SAW - Squad Automatic Weapon

I love the experts chiming in.. unless you're on the firing range, or in actual combat. Its does not matter if you call it a clip or a mag or bullets, or pew-pew thingys. Im pretty sure we all get the damn point. If I having been in the Marine Corps and my Father in law having been in the LAPD, for as long as we have, can still not be upset by people calling magazines clips then Im pretty sure anyone else can do it too. And really... really.. unless you're a gunsmith.. no, forget that.. even if you are literally the guy who invented firearms in general this is a video game. A game. Playing it does not make you an expert, a member of the armed forces, or proficient in weapon terminology. Keep in mind some most of these players/posters are civilians who have not fired a weapon outside of a video game. 

Edited by lrish
  • Like 3

Don't call an M-16 an "Assault Rifle". "Assault" implies that you intend on committing the crime of assault on someone else with that rifle. Assault can be applied to anything if it is used in an assault. For instance, a bat is a bat, a bat used in an assault becomes an assault bad. If you want to call it anything, call it a semi-auto rifle, a rifle, a gun, an ANYTHING other than an "assault" rifle. In reality the M-16/M-4/AR-15 is a "5.56mm, magazine fed, gas operated, air-cooled, semiautomatic, handheld, shoulder fired weapon."

I love the experts chiming in.. unless you're on the firing range, or in actual combat. Its does not matter it you call if a clip or a mag or bullets, or pew-pew thingys. Im pretty sure we all get the damn point. If I having been in the Marine Corps and my Father in law having been in the LAPD, for as long as we have, can still not be upset by people calling magazines clips then Im pretty sure anyone else can do it too. And really... really.. unless you're a gunsmith.. no, forget that.. even if you are literally the guy who invented firearms in general this is a video game. A game. Playing it does not make you an expert, a member of the armed forces, or proficient in weapon terminology. Keep in mind some most of these players/posters are civilians who have not fired a weapon outside of a video game. 

I was in the Corps too, but I think a stark difference does need to be made between a clip (stripper clip) and a magazine. Especially when you have both readily available. A clip for an M16 is MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH different than a magazine for an M16. If I need a magazine for an M16, but I ask for a clip I am SOL getting rounds down range. To put it in the games perspective, if someone asks for a magazine I'm going to give them a magazine for the M4; conversely, if someone asks for a clip I'm going to give them an SKS stripper clip. The reason words exist is to describe things and communicate ideas to another person. If I call the color red, blue you would be completely confused when I say "hey he's behind that blue building!" When that RED building is no where near the guy trying to kill us. We define words so that everyone knows that they mean, if you start changing that definition, no one will understand what you mean.

Edited by FortyEight
  • Like 2

Try it.

they are not taped together, they are connected with a magazine coupler.