Malabyte

Tighter inventory (w/ picture)

Here's my suggestion on how you could improve the inventory system in Day Z. With such a powerful inventory management that the game has, this new layout could reduce the amount of scrolling needed. In other words, it'd be easier to go quick in-and-out of inventory. As for the pants, perhaps you could even move that inventory next to the shirt inventory (see arrow), if both inventories have a maximum of 3x2 slots. People are smart, they'll quickly figure out which inventory corresponds to which clothing type anyways, because of how the various inventories become available and visible as you get new gear.

Also, I've removed the name of the inventory parents because showing names is redundant, imo, when you should just be able to mouse-over to see the name. Notice also how I've reduced the "Player" frame width, because I feel there's a lot of wasted space in the pane.

post-197769-0-87028700-1393571563_thumb.

Edited by Malabyte
  • Like 6

I think it could work. Although I don't like where vanity equipped items are shown (glasses and stuff) I think this a step in the right direction perhaps it could be trimmed down a bit? Maybe I'll make a concept if  get some spare time.

I really dont find anything wrong with the way it is myself.

I would like to see the hands separate, having a right and left hand window, for things like a gun and compass just as an example.

• Like 1

I don't see an issue with the current inventory set up. Yours looks jumbled and will give any OCD-minded player fits.

A bit complicated but at least you can see everything at once rather than having to scroll. Might be able to just shrink the icons in the current setup and get the same see everything at once effect.

Also, I think I saw the devs mention somewhere that they have plans to improve the inventory system. Haven't seen any specifics though. So hopefully they've thought of something cool.

Edited by KarmaCoin

I like it...  or something like it.  Hate having to scroll with the current system.  

This would be so much better. I hate when I want to move things around but I have to scroll and sometimes it wont let me scroll when I'm moving some item.

I would love to see the inventory a little nicer organized/looking, I actually prefer the Arma 3 inventory system overall