Sign in to follow this  
ValorJTG

DayZ mods should be implemented in the DayZ standalone

I think that, later in the game the Developers should add all the great positives from the others Dayz mods, like Origins, Breaking Point, and Epoch, along with any other Dayz mods.  Now, I know that this game is still in alpha, so im not saying they need to do this right now, but, once they get most of the game finished, try adding all these great additions.  I would prefer the majority of the ides from Epoch, and im sure everyone else would because that mod is probably the best, seeing all the great ideas they had.  (IE: Trading markets, great new guns, base building, and better fortifications)

Here are the websites for some of the biggest mods-

http://www.thezombieinfection.com/  (Breaking Point)

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Mod:DayZ_Origins   (Origins)

http://dayzepoch.com/   (Epoch)

If anyone else has any other ideas or Dayz mods that are not listed, feel free to post them.

• Like 1

Jesus no. Mods really ruined the original mod. At first there were good ones like DayZero, but then it just became PVP fest with with zombies thrown thanks to mods that spawn massive amounts of weapons. No thanks.

• Like 4

It will happen. I'm fairly sure they've confirmed that mod support will be added at some point down the track, and in any case, one would expect a project started by a modder to be moddable in its finished form.

Jesus no. Mods really ruined the original mod.

Bullshit. Mods made the original mod. DayZ in its pure form was good. The mods were even better.

And keep in mind that not everyone wanted the feature-set that was provided in vanilla DayZ. The mods would not have reached the level of popularity they did if people were satisfied with the initial mod... and in any case, it does draw a massive chunk of the KoS crowd off to other subsets, so where's the problem? How, in any negative way, does it affect you?

This ^

DayZ will be tough and unforgiving when it's finished. I imagine that mods to make it easier will follow its release quite quickly and I'd be grateful for them as the KoS run 'n' gun fuckwits will scurry off to it.

Don't worry, when Dean leaves DayZ, people who actually care about the game will take over and all features from the mods listed will be implented.

one would expect a project started by a modder to be moddable in its finished form.

Yea I would expect that, so if the dev's don't implement ideas from the other mods, I'm confident that a modder will come along and "update" the other mods, like Epoch.

I'm almost certain the modded variants of the mod will carry over. The modders are likely waiting for an API or a certain level of stability in the vanilla game before they start working on it... Alpha/Beta is never a good time for modders in any game. Constant updates repeatedly break your mods and leave you putting in nearly as much work as the game's developers to keep your product running. Ideally, we would see the mods start coming over to the standalone sometime toward the later end of the beta... a lot of core features, such as bases, weapons, and zombie AI, will be implemented and therefore stable enough to be built on by modders. It'll make their jobs a hell of a lot easier.

Awruk... no. Just no.

• Like 1

Although there are alot of things I wish we could get with/from the mods, the ability to mod the game opens it up for Script Kiddies like in Arma 2 when they would teleport everyone into "thunderdomes" or when they would teleport everyone to a certain area 500meters up and we would all drop to our deaths. among other things they could do.

Edited by Gunnaboom

Yea my idea on mods is that if they try and stray too far from what dayz standalone is about it usually turns out to be shit, dayz standalone mods are confirmed and so is player building but lets just hope it doesnt end up as messy as some of the dayz mods did (epoch origins and vanilla all had their ups and downs because they were all over the place , some had massive amounts of guns others had flying cities , for mods on the standalone we just need new maps and new skins and maybe some engine changes to allocate for new features , but the mods shouldn't try to take it too far from the dayz feel cuz it ends up turning into pvp bullshit fest.)

Edited by Grapefruit kush

Although there are alot of things I wish we could get with/from the mods, the ability to mod the game opens it up for Script Kiddies like in Arma 2 when they would teleport everyone into "thunderdomes" or when they would teleport everyone to a certain area 500meters up and we would all drop to our deaths. among other things they could do.

Servers run by said deadshits generally don't stay popular for long.

Yea my idea on mods is that if they try and stray too far from what dayz standalone is about it usually turns out to be shit, dayz standalone mods are confirmed and so is player building but lets just hope it doesnt end up as messy as some of the dayz mods did (epoch origins and vanilla all had their ups and downs because they were all over the place , some had massive amounts of guns others had flying cities , for mods on the standalone we just need new maps and new skins and maybe some engine changes to allocate for new features , but the mods shouldn't try to take it too far from the dayz feel cuz it ends up turning into pvp bullshit fest.)

The mods were messy because the ARMA II engine was messy. Short of the engine being fully reworked for DayZ, we will probably wind up with at least some similar issues - the new engine has some easily recognisable duplicate issues from the original one, so some of the same bugs and restrictions are bound to carry over.

As for the PvP-centric mods... well, again: that takes all us PvP-loving gun nuts away from your authentic, immersive survival servers, doesn't it? So I don't see why this is cause for complaint :P

but the mods shouldn't try to take it too far from the dayz feel cuz it ends up turning into pvp bullshit fest.

Yea, its a survial game not a Call of Duty pvp deathmatch.

Heres a list of confirmed features, and ideas for the future.

http://www.dayztv.com/standalone/dayz-standalone-confirmed-features/

The ability to use the Plugin Architecture to "cheat" is symptom that the underlying game (anything BIS makes) is failing to sandbox the Plugin Architecture properly. 

Instead of shouting down the efforts of people who make mods, perhaps you should bang on the doors of BIS and ask for the Plugin Architecture to be sandboxed properly.

You look at World of Warcraft addons, nothing you make with that plugin architecture will give you an unfair advantage. The addon development team that refines the api are constantly making sure of this.

Edited by airtonix

Mod support was confirmed a long time ago.

As to those who say mods "Ruined" the mod - the original mod would have died out long ago if Epoch and Origins hadn't been there.

But for god sake - do not add Epoch carebear shit like locked cars, invincible safes, nearly invincible wood walls, and traders.

Mod support was confirmed a long time ago.

As to those who say mods "Ruined" the mod - the original mod would have died out long ago if Epoch and Origins hadn't been there.

But for god sake - do not add Epoch carebear shit like locked cars, invincible safes, nearly invincible wood walls, and traders.

Agreed epoch was a horrible way to go for a lot of reasons but origins had some decent ideas. I am just hoping this game turns out a lot more like the early mod and leave out the crap that killed alot of the later mods. I used to love to gather parts to rebuild vehicles and travel around in helicoptors with a bunch of buddies hunting people so far the standalone is showing alot of promise but i think they are spending to much time on aesthetics IE buildings and food items and haven't implemented things like random military aircraft crashes, more variety on weapons, and more powerful weapons. so far we have gotten more buildings a larger variety of food, and weaker weapons, when does the M107 come out, or Night vision goggles

Please no Epoch...

I like Epoch I even sometimes play it sometimes but it's not in the spirit of dayz, partly because it's just too easy!

But I actually could picture e few elements implemented in the SA