Sign in to follow this  
reitaaaxD

System Specs

Hey DayZ community, first of all I would like to apologize in advance if this was in the wrong section but it seemed like this is the closest I could get with my topic. Mods can freely move this to whichever section it belongs to.

I recently purchased DayZ standalone on Steam and was quite upset about the FPS I'm getting. I'm using a pretty low-end laptop. I just find it rather unusual that I can run BF4, Sleeping Dogs, Titanfall and AC4 on low just fine but when I play DayZ with literally everything disabled and set to very low, I'm still struggling with 10-21 FPS, it mostly sits in-between.

Whenever I just stare at the ground while exploring, I get a stable 21-30+ FPS though.

If anyone can give me any tips on how to better optimise my laptop to the game that would be great!

System Specs:

Processor: AMD A4-5000 APU 1.50GHz

Graphics: AMD RADEON 8330 HD

RAM: 6GB

Edited by reitaaaxD

Hey and welcome :)

Well, I don't want to discourage you, but I don't think what you are trying to achieve is going to happen. You have a very low clocked cpu (1.5 GHz), a very basic embedded gpu, ram is fine. If you look at the system requirements over at steamstore, it states under minimum (which means its barely playable with all eye candy off) 2.5 GHz for the cpu.

All the other games you mentioned are new games, and more importantly they are optimized. DayZ is not, neither the SA nor the mod. Also they run on old heavy engines which take a lot of cpu power. To be honest I'm surprised to hear you can actually run it (even with low fps) when at the same time people with 3 and 4 GHz cpus have a shitload of FPS and general stability issues.

As to the forum sections: Off Topic > Hobbies > Technology/Programming

Edited by h3l1x

System Specs:

Processor: AMD A4-5000 APU 1.50GHz

Graphics: AMD RADEON 8330 HD

RAM: 6GB

Um, not gonna happen lol.

Thanks for the response guys, really appreciate it. I was able to boost my fps to a stable 16-21. It's a lot better now, pretty playable.

I followed a guide somewhere that told me to modify my profile setting file.

i get 20-40 fps in cities  i,e electro etc

( cherno - solid 9fps for some reason??? :P) 

50+ in fields

this is with everything disabled

CPU: AMD FX 6350 4.9 GHZ six-core

GPU: Radeon 7800

RAM: 16GB