spikes525

ultra rare katana

i can't take it anymore

i need this in-game.

badly.

I've got 2. 1 decorative, 1 functional.

I wouldn't mind seeing some swords, even katanas in DayZ.

Comparing a machete to a katana comes imo very close to sacrilege btw.

Know what? It could be a great Easter egg, hand them a shovel and have them run around the castle digging for a sword :3

It's also like saying screw it, Just include general military uniforms to find that have swords as well, I like to stay classy during the apocolypse

katana..?

h9p72sfse2ik.gif

Just...

The setting, man.

the setting!

• Like 2

If the game was set in rural Japan, yes.

As it's set in in a former Soviet satellite state in Central Europe, no.

well i am from finland and my friend have katana but obviously it is fake. but why some collectors would have those even real ones.

Look at the other comments before talking about katanas! It was decided to use a Russian sword 16 comments ago!

Also I suggested to dig up a sword next to one of the castles

Edited by smrtrthanavgbear

I have a sentimental attachment to this idea but would be happy to see the occasional region-appropriate sword.

If there was a museum then a katana might fit - for example a WWII Japanese officers sword.

Can we have a attachement on the katana then? like a gun and a flashlight while we on it.

And other non russian stuf. btw I'm still figuring out why the fffasdasdkasdkasd we have a m4 and not an AK

maybe there can be added a history museum to cheno. I played dayzmod on tavianna map and there was a art gallery in sabina city with pictures of all important historical person in SSCB. Maybe we can get something like that in cherno. Ancient armors, big paintings maybe even swords.

I wanna ask one thing to ppl talking about soviet country environment, so yes that would be weird if we can find a japanese katana in rural building in exsoviet country i agree but why no one complaining about cowboy hats in chernarus ? thats so stupid either. If theres cowboy hats all over the map yes we must get katana too.

Ultra rare katana?

How about ultra NO? High five! No?

But seriously, that's a horrible idea. This is the zombie apocalypse, not feudal Japan.

• Like 1

If the game was set in rural Japan, yes.

As it's set in in a former Soviet satellite state in Central Europe, no.

Fuck you.

I'm gonna start "Fuck you"ing everyone who gives this stupid-ass, bullshit reason for not having 'X' in the game.

"oh there's not nuclear reactors in Chernarus (a FUCKING FAKE, FICTIONAL, location)"

"oh waaa no that can't be in game because there's no possible way a samurai sword could ever be in Chernarus ( a FUCKING FICTIONAL LOCATION)"

"oh screw that idea we can't have Humvee trucks because those are american and wouldn't be in Chernarus in real life (THERE IS NO CHERNARUS IN REAL LIFE)

Please tell me the last time you saw a zombie in rural russia...

Go fuck yourself. Fucking die you game limiters.

Someone angry

It's called having a clear vision for the game's setting and actually taking the time and effort to select appropriate items

As opposed to throwing in a random hodgepodge of whatever-the-hell because someone likes it

Some Freddy Krueger gloves and a Model A rat rod would also be great, worthwhile additions

Edited by Gews
  • Like 1

Freddy Kreuger gloves are stupid just because they're stupid.

But a Rat Rod... fuck yes. Please.

And yes, I'm mad bro. I'm getting so sick of hearing that shit (already gave example, don't need to give more).

I can understand not having Lamborghinis and Laptops, because come on... but a Samurai sword... that's almost necessary for any good zombie game.

A nuclear plant that has melted down due to the no maintenance after everyone turned into zombies... that's DOPE. (there's another thread on this, with similar nay sayers)

Basically any and all guns... there's NO reason not to have every single gun the devs have the time and effort to model and code into the game.

People who say M4s and any other weapon shouldn't be in game because it's not authentic to the region should go live in the region Chernarus is based on, there you go... 100% authenticity.

Your knickers. I think they may be in a twist.

To some degree I can understand what you're saying, but things like Samurai swords just don't fit into the game's setting.

Having any and all guns, again, would be nice but wouldn't fit into the setting. "Chernarus isn't real" I noticed you whined wrote several times.You're right, but the devs and most of the community want to keep the setting relatively intact, even if it's fictional. AS50s and lasers are fun, but they don't fit. 

The nuclear plant is different. Again, it doesn't fit into the setting since Chernarus is supposed to be mostly farms and a few small towns. It wouldn't have the capacity to support a nuclear plant, nor would it need the huge amount of power it'd generate. Having said that, apparently the farmers of Chernarus are plagued by crime since a massive prison is going to be implemented, so perhaps arguments like this don't really work.

But in any case, screaming and crying like a little whining child isn't going to solve anything.

Edited by BeefBacon
  • Like 1

Again, I don't want lasers, or Lambo's.

But fuck your setting. If it's true that the devs support this narrow minded, game limiting mindset, well that just blows.

When's the last time you heard a little, whining child, scream and cry things like "Fuck you", "Fucking die", and "Go fuck yourself". Badass kid, that one.

Na, not katanas.  I mean, it would be fun, just doesn't really fit the setting.  I think they should just improve the machete, make it bigger etc.

The nuclear plant is different. Again, it doesn't fit into the setting since Chernarus is supposed to be mostly farms and a few small towns. It wouldn't have the capacity to support a nuclear plant, nor would it need the huge amount of power it'd generate. Having said that, apparently the farmers of Chernarus are plagued by crime since a massive prison is going to be implemented, so perhaps arguments like this don't really work.

once cities can be made larger (without sacrificing so much FPS), a nuclear powerplant like this would work.

Also: On such a small area there are 3 military airports, 2-3 mill. camps, and do not forget the fortified mil. base near balota. that also isn't logical 100% (according to my brains), but it is OK, since they were in the Mod and it's needed.

but when I'm thinking about it: removing 1 mil. base wouldn't be such a problem, would it?

Edited by irishroy

catphoto.jpg

A Shashka would fit much better, since they are historically Russian and I believe Soviet military officers carried them. 

I'd like to see swords in the game, but I don't think they should be some crazy, uber powerful weapon. They should be about as good as a machete (after it's been buffed of course) for killing zeds.

Yeah nah, fuck katanas. Chernarussians are too poor for that shit. Shashkas are the way to go, boys.

Proposed "stats":

• 1/4 chance on hit to get stuck in the zombie or player on every hit to torso
  • Takes up 5x1 inventory slots or chuck it on your back
  • Fairly durable
  • 2 hits to torso to kill
  • 1 hit to head to kill
  • can decapitate or remove limbs
  • can break open cans [destroys 50% of food inside]
  • good length
  • no knockback
  • fast swing speed
  • uncommon to rare spawn in civilian homes and military bases
  • looks badass

Bisecting zombies would be nice but isn't really realistic. Still, this could be a damn fine weapon for showing zombies who's boss. It could have nearly the killing power of the Axe, but with less chance of getting stuck in those body wounds, a faster swing speed if you miss, and much more accurate limb removal.

EDIT: Make that average to poor durability, on second thought; the killing machine that is the Shashka actually looks almost as flimsy as a katana.

Edited by bobotype3334

once cities can be made larger (without sacrificing so much FPS), a nuclear powerplant like this would work.

Also: On such a small area there are 3 military airports, 2-3 mill. camps, and do not forget the fortified mil. base near balota. that also isn't logical 100% (according to my brains), but it is OK, since they were in the Mod and it's needed.

but when I'm thinking about it: removing 1 mil. base wouldn't be such a problem, would it?

Removing one of the bases would make sense, but as for the military camps, there's recently been a zombie outbreak, so this is foreign containment force encampments we're seeing IMO.

Again, I don't want lasers, or Lambo's.

But fuck your setting. If it's true that the devs support this narrow minded, game limiting mindset, well that just blows

Yeah, sucks for you. Delete your account, leave the forum, uninstall the standalone, and find yourself a box of tissues.

You would only be disappointed.

Just pretend the pitch fork is a katana, because it would act and feel exactly the same.

Something like a katana which would have the expectation of slicing something or cutting something off, which will never happen in DayZ will only disappoint, IMO.

The melee system is so utterly horrible that there is no need to add anymore melee weapons IMO.

Honestly if I could pick one thing to add or fix to dayZ it would be a better melee system.

Even over adding vehicles.

Im not even asking for an awesome one.

Even a "bad" system would be so much better than the complete pile of horse shit that is the DayZ melee system.

Edited by TEST_SUBJECT_83
  • Like 2

When's the last time you heard a little, whining child, scream and cry things like "Fuck you", "Fucking die", and "Go fuck yourself". Badass kid, that one.

There's a difference between actual badass and internet badass. Learn it.

I wasn't aware that cities were being made larger. If that's true then I'm all for that. Personally I'd like to see the whole map made larger. I get the impression that the world is going to get a whole lot smaller once cars are implemented.

Removing one of the bases would make sense, but as for the military camps, there's recently been a zombie outbreak, so this is foreign containment force encampments we're seeing IMO.

of course.

But removing the mil. base under the NWAF (for example) wouldn't be bad, I think.  ;)

Edited by irishroy

Nothing wrong with an ultra-rare one, as the OP suggests. It's plausible, that in your hundreds of hours of roving the wasteland you meet someone who decided he'd take a katana (prop or otherwise real) as a weapon, as useless as it can be.

Of course, they'd have to deteriorate quickly (but let them be super-effective, just 'cause!). You couldn't kill a hundred zombies with one. It'd be an item to be cherished, collected, worn for show. A katana would become quickly ruined if used as a regular zombie-killing weapon. A ruined katana could look like it's missing half the blade, caked with blood, mud and rust.

Remember people, just because they implement an ultra-rare katana, doesn't mean it'll replace a more ''fitting'' item. They'll still make hoes, scythes, knives, tazers, kalashnikovs, helicopters, armor and cleavers for us to enjoy. 

With the new melee system, you guys know how good it'd look! 

Edited by Very Ape