spikes525

ultra rare katana

hi 

i just want to suggest that

efficient  like a fire fighter axe but ultra rare

just 1 or 2 by map and not after each server reboot

what do you think of it

sorry for my english and it's my first post so please be cool

post-195802-0-87933500-1393514106_thumb.

• Like 8

If the game was set in rural Japan, yes.

As it's set in in a former Soviet satellite state in Central Europe, no.

• Like 10

I have a katana in State of Decay.

I'll sell it to you. ;)

Btw, your English is fine.

Stay safe out there!

• Like 1

Most of the katanas you see in store are absolute crap and are just here to decorate. Hell, most of the swords in general.

Unless they implement some kind of armory buidlings or blade specialized stores to loot, I say nay. It just doesn't fit.

Or yeah ONE once in a while, not even at every server restart. I mean what are the odds that someone possesses a real katana at home?

Edited by ploulaf
  • Like 1

I'd like to see a katana in the game, but only if I can actually slice zeds in half. If that's part of the package, count me in.

Rural Japan is close in fact even closer than Europe with it's medieval armors....so i think it's valid. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

This isn't Japan... but if you can have Katanas in a former Soviet State then I should be able to have full Samurai armor to go with it. Let's throw in a Ninja outfit as well complete with shrunkens and nunchucks!...Please find Russian swords.

• Like 1

Another great idea from War Z...ahem...Infestation Survivor Stories & The Walking Dead

oh-boy-spanky-George-McFarland.gif

Edited by iBane
  • Like 4

Its not totally unreasonable to think one might be found in that area. I don't live in japan, yet I own 3, fully functional, full tang, forged, high carbon, sharp as shit katanas. They aren't true "Nihonto" (made in japan) swords, but they are ABSOLUTELY able to chop your fukin head off.

But while its not impossible that one might be found there, I think it highly unlikely. As much as I love katanas for their aesthetic, as well as their lethality and efficiency, I feel that a katana would be out of place in this game. So, no...

• Like 2

I don't live in japan, yet I own 3, fully functional, full tang, forged, high carbon, sharp as shit katanas.

Lucky bastard :P

Another great idea from nearly every zombie game on the market.

Fixed.

Which is not to say they don't fit. In other games.

OP: I can guarantee you that at least one mod variant of the standalone will have katanas. People are nuts over them. It will happen. But it's not likely to make it into the original game, I think.

How many katanas per capita is there in a rural region of a post-soviet state, I wonder...

I suggest 0 katanas. That is none. Not a one, nor any other positive whole number. Real katanas, anyway. But I think they sell various novelty knives as souvenirs in some Russian marketplaces... So maybe a really cheap and lame fake-katanas could be around.

They definitely should add more blades. Not  interested in Katanas, but what about those Shashkas of old russia. Maybe if there was a war museum with a chance to spawn old rare loot :)  

catphoto.jpg

A Shashka would fit much better, since they are historically Russian and I believe Soviet military officers carried them. 

I'd like to see swords in the game, but I don't think they should be some crazy, uber powerful weapon. They should be about as good as a machete (after it's been buffed of course) for killing zeds.

• Like 7

Are you kidding me?  Sword collecting is a big hobby around the world.  Katana's are prized collectibles!  

Are you kidding me?  Sword collecting is a big hobby around the world.  Katana's are prized collectibles!  

The chances of finding a real katana, one that wouldn't break after chopping off the first couple of heads, are infinitesimally small. 

Almost every single sword you find will be worthless for actual combat. Anything ceremonial. Anything made out of stainless steel. Anything not forged in the exact right way to be a combat weapon would be worse than just picking up a metal bar and beaning zombies in the head with it. 

Getting stuck in zombie flesh would be a massive hassle and get you killed and if your sword isn't absolutely top notch quality with a razor sharp edge (that you must maintain after every fight), this will happen a lot regardless of what type of sword it is.

Edit: Also, unless you're actually highly proficient at some kind of sword style, it's really fucking likely that you will end up doing serious damage to yourself at some point, sooner rather than later. It only takes one slip or miscalculation for you to sever your own limb.

Don't expect to be just lopping off heads left and right like. Guns are different, any fool can pick up a gun and point the dangerous end away from themselves (not to take anything away from gun safety, but it is far easier to use one than a sword, otherwise we'd all still be using swords). Swords require years of work before you look like a bitching ass Ninja like this guy:

Edited by Nicko2580
  • Like 4

Oh come on, ´´big hobby´´...

Why not give me model railways too?

I am sure I can beat zeds to death with a good quality metal HO Train! They are priced collectibles!

nice 

catphoto.jpg

A Shashka would fit much better, since they are historically Russian and I believe Soviet military officers carried them. 

I'd like to see swords in the game, but I don't think they should be some crazy, uber powerful weapon. They should be about as good as a machete (after it's been buffed of course) for killing zeds.

catphoto.jpg

This fits the setting much better.

Thankyou.

I think they need to Nerf the fire axe a bit, an axe to the leg never killed a zombie instantly.

Melee weapons need a bit more attention, limbs and heads coming off needs to be a thing.

As well as broken legs and arms for zombies.

I always wanted some form of armour from the 15 hundreds or so, preferably from the region.

I own a forged carbon steel katana as well, but to be honest, I'd like a proper medieval broadsword. I just feel wonky trying to swing mine around with two hands, but I'm fairly uncoordinated. Sword collecting is a hobby of nerds everywhere, and most people I know own at least 1 sword. Maybe it's my circle eh? I'll get myself a broadsword one day. I mean, seriously, who doesn't know that 1 guy that collects swords? Even the gun stores here sell swords, sometimes nice ones. Of course, the cheap crap from head shops is more common, the stainless steel nonsense that is unbalanced and too heavy (5 lbs for a short sword? lolwat), but hey, there exists good quality hand forged swords too. I mean, when does this Day Z happen, today? In the internet age, in a now democratic post soviet state? Swords should be as common as custom built PCs. Look at the big bang theory even!

Note: I'm just suggesting just katanas, but a broad range of longsword, broadswords, shortswords, and other things that are the staple of nerds.

Edited by agouti

I speak of this weapon mainly because it is a fast weapon

i like the firefighter axe but it's slow

it's for the trill to move fast, not for the instant kill

if you just cut off an arm with a chainsaw why not with a sword

and if you manage to chop off a head with it there should be something in the screen like :

" MO-MO-MO-MO-MO- MONSTERKILL"

• Like 1

... katanas + killcam, a new age DayZ. Also, "one up" if you kill eight wihout stopping.

• Like 1