Hetstaine

Rocket standing down from Dayz by end of year

Why would they be? They were advised by Dean himself not the buy the game, well at least in its current state...

They advised us not to buy it but were perfectly willing to take the money. Fucking teachers pet lol.

He is leaving because he knows the gamje is screwed.

Think of all those dreamy features he wants to add in and the amount of space they are going to need for it.

The game is already laggy as hell and i could not understand how they were going to fit all of these features in, dean has just confirmed for me that they never were or are going to put this stuff in the game and if they do the game is going to be buggy as hell. It was all just deans wild fantasy.

This game is going  nowhere unless they can get an extra 60 fps out of it which they cant, add 60 then add all the stuff they want to include in the game and thats going to use most of that 60 fps up just on the features and what are we left with, the same junk we have now.

Mark my words everyone is going to feel like they have been ripped off in ten months time.

yeah.

i know.

africanhungergames, on 24 Feb 2014 - 07:44 AM, said:snapback.png

He is leaving because he knows the gamje is screwed.

Think of all those dreamy features he wants to add in and the amount of space they are going to need for it.

The game is already laggy as hell and i could not understand how they were going to fit all of these features in, dean has just confirmed for me that they never were or are going to put this stuff in the game and if they do the game is going to be buggy as hell. It was all just deans wild fantasy.

This game is going  nowhere unless they can get an extra 60 fps out of it which they cant, add 60 then add all the stuff they want to include in the game and thats going to use most of that 60 fps up just on the features and what are we left with, the same junk we have now.

Mark my words everyone is going to feel like they have been ripped off in ten months time.

Why would they be? They were advised by Dean himself not the buy the game, well at least in its current state...

Sadly I think he may be right. Im afraid of what this game is going to become.

Edited by AsOiX

This is rather sad news i thought he looked burnt out and under whelmed during his last stream...

Dean i know your an ideas man but sometimes you have to actually carry through  with the idea you left the mod to others to carry now your going to leave the standalone???

When you climbed everest did you get half way up and went well i see where this is going and just left ???

In all honesty i loved what you were trying to do with this game but now that you have given notice even long notice you may aswell let it go now just find someone as excited as you were to take over..

Lets be honest here to everyone who has given notice ( the longest notice i gave was 2 months on a construction job) once you crossed that line how was your motivation to work on near zero your heart is already gone your thinking of what your going to be doing not what your doing...

Sad dean very Sad i hope someone finishes what  you started and well i hope you show more grit when starting your own studio cause getting half way to making a studio is nowhere at all...

• Like 2

They advised us not to buy it but were perfectly willing to take the money. Fucking teachers pet lol.

Are you on crack? What should they do? Give it away for free? Don't sell it? I don't even...

I'll just continue to quote this

Because rocket owns DayZ. Oh no, wait, he doesn't. DayZ is still Bohemias property and Dean hall is a developer currently employed there.

That means that a) They could fire him b)shut down DayZ if they wanted to, withou him being able to do anything against it (unless his contract says otherwise, which I don't think it does) c)he is (yeah hard to believe) allowed to resign if he wants.

To be fair... the most important element of the story is that I am continuing to work on DayZ for the rest of the year, and more if required.

Edited by LaughingJack
  • Like 1

is good for rocket :)

he coming he seeing he conquering B)

in 2 years he going from coder to legend game designer with record breaker mod and maybe true classic game of all time top of charts in alpha FOR MONTHS :D

also he going to Everest and now maybe is time to stop stress relax spend some millions with pretty womans and cocaine parties like tony Montana he on top of world :thumbsup:  ;)

i think i saw the future when i did this many months ago ........

say hello to the bad guy ....

q68z.png

• Like 5

You really don't know BI do you.

Oh... I'm sure we know BIS all to well... old and clunky interface with a refurbed engine from 2001. ;)

let's be real for a minute folks.

rocket took the stalker and namalsk mods, ported their code onto .chernarus, and re-textured some npcs.

THAT WAS ALL THE "WORK" HE EVER DID ON DAYZ.

everything else has been actual work by actual developers.

HIM LEAVING IS GOOD.

NO MORE stupid IDEAS AND "THAT WOULD BE COOL!1" DEVELOPMENT FEATURE DELAYS.

If this game fails noone will blame Bohemia, everyone will flame Rocket up! so whatever his new game will be most of us will not even bother cause of the DayZ fiasco, but i really doubt all these guys, everything will be fine, 10 months are enough to finish the alpha. Personally i dont really care if Dean stays or not, it will be stupid from BI not to continue the game as first intended.

You do realise there are 10 months until the end of the year?  We should be in Beta by then and Rocket hardly needs to be around for bug fixes which an accomplished team well versed in the RV engine could take care of.

Yeah cos we've all seen how well the game gets developed without Rocket, the mod being a prime example.

Fact is, it's like fucking Sid Meier's leave a god damn civ game mid alpha cos he wants a change of sprint. 

Sorry it seems like everyone forgot the multitude of promises and implmentations rocket was spouting out of his ass during all those dev interviews the guy at this point is essentially a PR entity.

Fact of the matter is it's like he put it "soon no one will care" he means he hopes no one care,s they made their money with DayZ already, everyone purchased the shit out of the Alpha. 

This is just all seems pretty typical of his personality and the track record of dayZ.  

It's bad enough he left mid dev cycle in the pre-alpha to go on a holiday, now he's saying he's chucking it in.

This shit wouldn't of happened if early access wasn't allowed, he wouldn't of been able to sell us all on a half baked product, then cut and run the fuk on.

• Like 5

Yeah cos we've all seen how well the game gets developed without Rocket, the mod being a prime example.

Fact is, it's like fucking Sid Meier's leave a god damn civ game mid alpha cos he wants a change of sprint. 

Sorry it seems like everyone forgot the multitude of promises and implmentations rocket was spouting out of his ass during all those dev interviews the guy at this point is essentially a PR entity.

Fact of the matter is it's like he put it "soon no one will care" he means he hopes no one care,s they made their money with DayZ already, everyone purchased the shit out of the Alpha. 

This is just all seems pretty typical of his personality and the track record of dayZ.  

It's bad enough he left mid dev cycle in the pre-alpha to go on a holiday, now he's saying he's chucking it in.

This shit wouldn't of happened if early access wasn't allowed, he wouldn't of been able to sell us all on a half baked product, then cut and run the fuk on.

What a load of bollocks.

No offence :thumbsup:

when the man who made the game livestreams like he's never even played it before while talking about all the stuff he'd like to see in game...

that man should not be making games.

#peacethefuckoutbitches

#MOMONEYLESSDEVELOPMENT

#IMRICHBITCH

• Like 3

Wow. Some answers in this thread sound like Dean announced that he murdered your family.

It is perfectly normal that you leave a job, especially, if you work aboard and want to go home. Happens all the time, I've heard. That Dean gives a notice nearly a year before, is just, well, unusual. Normally you hear it the day they stepped down, but well, Mr. Hall seems always to be direct and honest. Maybe a little bit too much for some people.

Just no.

This is deans project that he has been banging on about for so long. Why would he just leave it unless he had some serious doubts about it's future. I know if i planned something for years i would want to see it through to the end, not leave it with such a small team that he wont have any control over.

Call me a doomsdayer but i have seen this too many times before, i know exactly what is coming.

• Like 4

let's be real for a minute folks.

rocket took the stalker and namalsk mods, ported their code onto .chernarus, and re-textured some npcs.

THAT WAS ALL THE "WORK" HE EVER DID ON DAYZ.

everything else has been actual work by actual developers.

HIM LEAVING IS GOOD.

NO MORE stupid IDEAS AND "THAT WOULD BE COOL!1" DEVELOPMENT FEATURE DELAYS.

God, I hope you are being sarcastic here, otherwise I would have to state that you are an idiot for telling "facts" that you made up.

I don't know how much he did for DayZ, and I don't know if or how much he copied from Mods that used another engine, but stating that he just did this is...well...idiotic if you don't know it. Or maybe you're a programmer at BI and know it and are telling internas? In that case you'd better also look out for a new job...

...Sid Meier's leave a god damn civ game mid alpha...

Did you know....Civ2, which si said to be the best part of the series, was made without Sid Meier? O.O And that the other games were made by Firaxis, a company founded by Meier? And, once again, Dean Hall is just an employee at BI. NOT the owner. Not the CEO. Not the janitor.

And....Really? Maybe it would have been the same thing, just without an early access alpha but an internal alpha, where rocket leaves when it hits beta and gets released? Just a thing to think about...

Edit:

Just no.

This is deans project that he has been banging on about for so long. Why would he just leave it unless he had some serious doubts about it's future. I know if i planned something for years i would want to see it through to the end, not leave it with such a small team that he wont have any control over.

Call me a doomsdayer but i have seen this too many times before, i know exactly what is coming.

Yeah indeed. He has been working on it now for...what was it? 1 1/2 years? Maybe more? And he will work another year now on it (or even more if needed), before he goes home, which he wanted a year ago?

I'll just wait until he really leaves and see what happens then....but as long as BI not cuts down the Dev them with his leave, it shouldn't be too hard...

Edited by LaughingJack

Scumbag devs like this, they shouldn't be allowed early access and beta models.  Selling lies and cashing out early.  You think the game will get better without a development lead? Really?

Edited by electroban
  • Like 1

laughing jack is the king of the rocket fanclub

this guy has only spouted off wishlist ideas, or relayed progress OTHER PEOPLE have made on his game.

every stream, every interview.

rocket hasn't done shit all for dayz except generate hype.

now that sales have EFFECTIVELY PEAKED his presence is no-longer needed

his influence is no longer WANTED by poeple in this community who want to play a finished product

• Like 1

To all folks mentioning risc of "health bars" or "fast travel", ask yourself one question.

Is Bohemia Interactive known for casual and simplistic games, or for mil-sim like games for hardcore players?

Btw I'm also sad to hear Dean leaving, but that was to be expected.

Maybe he should have announced this somewhere around June - July, then again it might be the same shitstorm.

Scumbag devs like this, they shouldn't be allowed allow access and beta models.  Selling lies and cashing out early.  You think the game will get better without a development lead? Really?

Sorry, but you went full r**ard mode now. Bohemia Interactive will take care of leading the development, they are funding it from start !
Also it's not like they will fire the whole team and just close DayZ hive, development will continue and in time, after some years, there might be even sequel on newer engine.
Edited by Hombre

To be honest I dont know whats wrong with some of you. If i recall correctly (and im pretty sure i do) he said that he would leave the project when its in a state in which his vision could be finished by others who have the skills to do so about a year ago.

All things you are moaning about here (wrong priorities etc) are basically THE REASON why he wants to leave, he has a vision of the game but he is self aware enough to realize that he might be missing the experience to round things up in the end. 

Now all he tells us (since over 1 year) is that he will hand the end of the project to someone who has experience in doing just this 1 year in he future and everyone starts complaining about the alfa in its current state and rocket grabbing money and leave? Whats wrong with you?

• Like 1

"Also it's not like they will fire the whole team and just close DayZ hive, development will continue and in time, after some years, there might be even sequel on newer engine."

LOL

i say again this is a GOOD THING people!

No it is not. If the lead designer is leaving in such early production after numerous statements about what he will want to add in future releases ( bigger maps, eve-like server model and even more) that means that something in Bohemia stinks really hard. Prepare for WarZ 2. I miss my 30 bucks so hard now :(.

SPOT ON.