Sign in to follow this  
hypermoon

What is with fall damage?

So i've been playing on and off yesterday and today. Got my character some nice gear. Feeling pretty good about myself. I decided to check out this barn off the road a bit. Nothing in there, must have already been looted. Oh well, onward we go. Unfortunately i tripped down the stairs and fell to my death. Didn't even break my legs, just dead.

I'd say I kinda hopped off the stairs about half way up. I kinda thought I might break my legs, it did seem kinda high. And i did fall a little ways but I've fallen from further heights without taking any damage, or maybe just breaking my legs so I don't really understand why i died here?

Falling from heights seems to inflict random damage or something. I don't know if it really matters but my character was perfect health, energized, hydrated, etc. 

How come I died from such a tiny fall when i've either been fine or just broken my legs from falling much further?

It's a bug. Arma and it's sequels have always had the issues, it's just not a big deal in a game where most of the time you run around outside. it becomes noticeable in a game like DayZ. I would imagine it will be fixed later on.

You don't say whether you're playing on Stable or Experimental servers, so can't really be too specific. Stable fall damage seems to be an all or nothing affair ATM. On Experimental fall damage has been changed to be dynamic based on distance fallen. Still seems to be a little overdone IMO, but I'm sure it will be tweaked more than once in the future.

Edited by DJPorterNZ