Sign in to follow this  
N@palmtheelf

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ME.....and every survivor

Have to say, despite suspecting that those who indulge in or create a media form are actually reflecting the concerns and fears of their time in history (Marshall McLuhan was right methinks), I love DAYZ, and if Bohemia keep on it, it could rival many of the most popular MMO's. Like the PC Gamer review I see a future of gangs and rival factions bombing over the landscape in scavenged cars, or someone ending up being the Gryo Captain from Mad Max, radioing in bandit movements via radio.

But before all that.......long before that....I can only ask one thing.

Please sort out the character movement.....its jiggery and has a weird kinda of laggy over movement effect (not just game lag) It almost feels as if the character is a drunken baby and unable to control how many steps they are taking.

The mouse sensitivity only serves to slow the drunken baby effect.

This is particularly noticable when searching buildings, where its a case of either stop and turn until a doorway is roughly in the right direction and then stumble/stagger forward (thats me when Ive had a few too many), or you end up bouncing of walls or worse still, falling down a step and breaking your leg so you have to kill yourself or spend the rest of the game crawling about on your stomach (thats all I'm going to say on that subject.)

Bottomline.....I just dont feel in control of my character in a responsive way.

Is this some survivor side effect from the virus?

I'm not a zombie but I cant control my legs anymore!

Please devs, make movement a more stable and above all more satisfying experience.

• Like 1

Have you played any Bohemia games before? Even though DayZ admittedly is worse than the rest they are all quite clunky if you're not used to it.

I don't know how bad it is for you, but I always felt like they've done certain things on purpose, as it started off being a military sim and when you're packed with gear you can't really turn around that quickly. That really adds to realism, even though I do think it's sometimes worse in SA than it is in other games.

That text. Burns my eyes. :(

And yes movement is terrible. But no, it will probably never be fixed; Operation Flashpoint, ArmA 2, OA, and ArmA 3 all suffer from god-awfully awkward character controls. I doubt DayZ will be different.

Edited by Applejaxc

I have confidence that Dean (whom I believe has full creative control over the game, correct me if I am wrong) will set a new standard for DayZ's movement that far proceeds that of the ArmA series.

Even if he has full creative control, I honestly don't know.  It's probably an issue more with the game engine than the game itself.... Same arma engine, same arma movement.

As a child my mom told me to not run in doors,she said hold shift and walk.

It saved me many times

• Like 2

I seem to be the only person not having trouble with this.

Never died to a ladder.

Never broke my legs on stairs or ladders or uneven terrain.

The only strange thing I really had indoors was that I was teleported to the roof of a barn once when on the top-most level. Slid off the roof and didn't even break my legs, I just flat died.

My only difficulty with navigating has really been opening doors and getting on the right side of them, though I've mostly figured this out now and can do it smoothly.

The only thing I can think is that I crouch when going through buildings. Maybe that is the trick?

Have to say, despite suspecting that those who indulge in or create a media form are actually reflecting the concerns and fears of their time in history (Marshall McLuhan was right methinks), I love DAYZ, and if Bohemia keep on it, it could rival many of the most popular MMO's. Like the PC Gamer review I see a future of gangs and rival factions bombing over the landscape in scavenged cars, or someone ending up being the Gryo Captain from Mad Max, radioing in bandit movements via radio.

But before all that.......long before that....I can only ask one thing.

Please sort out the character movement.....its jiggery and has a weird kinda of laggy over movement effect (not just game lag) It almost feels as if the character is a drunken baby and unable to control how many steps they are taking.

The mouse sensitivity only serves to slow the drunken baby effect.

This is particularly noticable when searching buildings, where its a case of either stop and turn until a doorway is roughly in the right direction and then stumble/stagger forward (thats me when Ive had a few too many), or you end up bouncing of walls or worse still, falling down a step and breaking your leg so you have to kill yourself or spend the rest of the game crawling about on your stomach (thats all I'm going to say on that subject.)

Bottomline.....I just dont feel in control of my character in a responsive way.Is this some survivor side effect from the virus? I'm not a zombie but I cant control my legs anymore!

Please devs, make movement a more stable and above all more satisfying experience.

Use black ink next damn time XD