iBane

Detailed Information Summary From Rocket's Eurogamer Live Stream

I really hope Dean makes zombie children and some kind of friend ID in-game...oh and beards!

I really hope Dean makes zombie children and some kind of friend ID in-game...oh and beards!

But... That... He... You... Don't...

BEANS to you.

I'd like to see zombie animals and rabid dogs too.   Rabies is a particularly scary disease in that it makes you stark raving mad before you die.  Any kind of hallucinations would be neat, especially scary ones.  Sounds, things that are not there, involuntary movement, and running away no matter what.

I REALLY DON´T KNOW WHY DEAN WANTS TO MAKE BARRICADING BEFORE COOKING&HUNTING ??

...nonsense... - why should I barricade(for example in a house) ? When I log out, barricade disappear?

I look into the future of dayz....

barns, office building, hospital, firestations etc. - all will be barricaded by loot-keepers...

This is the tactical way to hord loot - making a building unaccessable for other players... I think I will make the electro-firestation to my home,sweet home :D

Anyone here have played DAYZ-AFTERMATH-MOD? - Than you know what I am talking about...

Edited by TiMEDANCE

As awesome as they would be, I can understand them not adding in the beards that grow the longer you live. But does that mean they won't be adding in just regular beards (like ones that don't grow over time, just are whatever you have your default character set to) to your character customization?

Dean said they were working on a lot of new character model heads so I'd expect there to be options in character customization with facial hair.  Just not going to have the dynamic beards that, let's be honest, we true DayZ fanatics really want.  

I REALLY DON´T KNOW WHY DEAN WANTS TO MAKE BARRICADING BEFORE COOKING&HUNTING ??

...nonsense... - why should I barricade(for example in a house) ? When I log out, barricade disappear?

I look into the future of dayz....

barns, office building, hospital, firestations etc. - all will be barricaded by loot-keepers...

This is the tactical way to hord loot - making a building unaccessable for other players... I think I will make the electro-firestation to my home,sweet home :D

Anyone here have played DAYZ-AFTERMATH-MOD? - Than you know what I am talking about...

It sounded like all would be coming fairly close together.  Dean was not specific, but it sounded as though barricading system was maybe more complex work and they wanted to get that done first...I can tell you that Dean was impatient to get hunting, fishing, and cooking implemented as well.  

melee system is a disgrace, and a rather important mechanic. As long as he acknowledges that it is abysmal, and SOMEtime before Gold release it gets fixed, Im ok with it bing on back-burner.

But I mean really, Doom has a comparable melee mechanic...

• Like 1

and everything is super fine, but a lot of weapons will not, that's sad (I thought Bohemia can convert some of arma3 weapons and modules to him on the day Z)

sorry for my english_)

and everything is super fine, but a lot of weapons will not, that's sad (I thought Bohemia can convert some of arma3 weapons and modules to him on the day Z)

sorry for my english_)

Dean didn't talk about importing weapons from Arma specifically, but I have seen other devs suggest that the weapons in DayZ and Arma are too different and they cannot just import/convert Arma weapons for DayZ.  

Edited by iBane
  • Like 1

•  

• Friend Identification System (to ID Steam Friends in-game) - not planned.  Would likely be left to the modding community and only for non-hardcore servers 

dawww.... Noticed this rare online game where you probably won't make any new (online) friends. I have met several peaceful gamers, who I have traded and traveled whit. It's bit sad you will never see them again, unless having long conversation about steam account names and crap. It's not helping that player list on game is bit fucky not showing steam names, but computer user account name instead. (or something like that.)

Perhaps you could see other players name when really close and have other interactions to choose from. (trade, send steam friend sequest, brofist, lol)

Edited by sdry

Edit:  Added a link to LaughingJack's development info thread.  Great detail there.  

instead of pathing, animating and retexturing the 10000 or so zombies the game will eventually have...

WE'RE GONNA GIVE YOU HEART ATTACKS

AND DOGS

AND HORSES

forget cooking!

you're gonna... BUILD A BASE TO KEEP YOUR DOGS AND HORSES IN!

YOU GET A HORSE

AND YOU GET A HORSE

AND YOU GET A HORSE

*rocket logs off stream and dayz community climaxes en masse*

instead of pathing, animating and retexturing the 10000 or so zombies the game will eventually have...

WE'RE GONNA GIVE YOU HEART ATTACKS

AND DOGS

AND HORSES

forget cooking!

you're gonna... BUILD A BASE TO KEEP YOUR DOGS AND HORSES IN!

YOU GET A HORSE

AND YOU GET A HORSE

AND YOU GET A HORSE

*rocket logs off stream and dayz community climaxes en masse*

Damn it Conspiracy Brother!  This is why no one wants to hangout with you after work!

MV5BMTY1Mjc5MDg1M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwOTg5

Edited by iBane

We need these:

Inflatable-Fishing-Rib-Dingy-Boat-4-8m.j

Edited by iBane

melee is terrible and should be a priority

They have made some changes to the melee system in the latest experimental patch.  Looks like Dean must have meant beyond what's planned/in-the-works when he said he's content with the melee system.  

I've only used the new melee a few times, but I will say that movement with the ax raised (ready to strike) is normal, whereas before when you had the machete raised (which was required to strike pre-patch) you're character moved like they do when aiming down sights with a rifle...slow and choppy...which was very annoying...I'll test the machete today.  

Friend Identification System?

Really?

Damn!! This sucks

Why?  People manage to play in groups with their steam friends all of the time.  

Morality system made the game worse in the mod. Its pretty much what the nazis did with the jews in the 30's and 40s. Made them wear something that distinguished them from others. So if you get a bandit skin, you were labelled and pretty much forced to shoot people because they would automatically think you were a bandit.

I think it would make this KoS situation worse.

•  
  • Dean admits the pipe wrench is terrible... at the 28:00 min mark
  •  
  •  

What is this? Pipe wrench is the weapon sent from the heavens. I have knocked many a player out with it's godlyness.

The range is a little short, but god damn, when that thing hits, you go down, helmet or no.

Late response, but thanks for the information! Didn't really care that much to watch the 2 hour interview. Excited for planned changes though (REALLY looking forward to hunting/cooking)

Little dissapointed though I don't see anything about bug fixes for

Falling from top of ladders & causing death/broken legs
Zombies phasing through walls
Zombies being stuck into walls
Ruined items still useable
Can be under water eternally
Poor melee system
etc.

Also, kids + chainsaws + cannibalism =

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/4303303936/hDFCFEDA0/