Sign in to follow this  
Wolfguarde

A public service announcement.

Good morning/afternoon/evening freshies. I am here to deliver a small but important piece of information that most of you are likely to ignore - but that might benefit those who would otherwise come raging and screaming in righteous fury back to the forums to complain about chain KoS and campers.

I'll keep this short. If you open up any DayZ Chernarus map (mod or standalone - doesn't matter which), you will see along the Southern coast two large cities quite close to each other: Chernogorsk, and Elektrozavodsk, also referred to as Cherno and Elektro. Cherno is recognisable by its medical tents on the Eastern side of the city, and the soaring cylindrical industrial buildings on the coastal side. Elektro can be identified by the industrial zone about 100 metres behind it - has a nice big red and white tower sticking up out of the top of the building. They're great looting zones - they're among the biggest and most accessible massive loot spawns along your spawn region, which makes them ideal for gearing up quickly.

It also makes them death traps.

You see, this particular section of the map is what I refer to as the ghetto of Chernarus - in laymen's terms, where all the trigger-happy gun nuts, gangs and the like go to kill each other, and where the poor and destitute - freshly spawned players such as yourself - tend to gather. These two areas are usually - which is to say, 24/7 on some servers, no less than 12/5 on most - camped by fully geared first-person-shooter veterans who love nothing more than pissing off freshly spawned players by treating them like ducks in an arcade shooter. What's more, most of those freshly spawned players - either as a result of the sniper treatment, or simply because they're used to other shooting games - are going to shoot/beat you on sight, usually killing you. They want what you have, even if you happen to have nothing - think of it as an ego thing. They usually don't get anything else out of you.

If you would like to avoid sinking a massive chunk of your game time into the Cherno/Elektro meat grinder, direct your attention to the smaller towns and settlements around them for your basic needs - Komorovo is generally somewhat deserted, as anyone spawning in Komorovo is usually in a rush to get back to the ghetto to kill people; Prigorodki gets very little attention, being set slightly off the road as it is; Kamyshovo sees some casual looting but is by and large ignored, for the same reason as Komorovo. Balota airstrip is a bit iffy, as is Chapaevski - the latter is within visual range of the ghetto, and thus just as likely to get you shot or beaten to death as Chernogorsk is.

Better yet, avail yourself of the bountiful and untapped riches beyond the hills to the north - the cities of Chernarus have plenty for everyone, and so long as you avoid the airfields you're in little danger of encountering anything more dangerous than your average rabbit*.

*Note: Exceptions may apply, see The Holy Grail for more information

This is a public service announcement brought to you by a total stranger with some of your better interests at heart. But not your best interests. If I see you, I will probably at least try to kill you, and if you happen to have been born under a bad star or suffer from exceptionally bad luck, I may actually succeed. Best of luck on your travels, and may all your journeys carry you away from the cesspit of rage and despair that is the black hole on the Southern reaches of the Chernarus coast.

Edited by Wolfguarde
  • Like 3

The people all complain about not finding loot are looking in electro or barazino or on the coast.

For them they should know, going 'inland' is not a five minute walk. If you haven't walked for at LEAST 45 minutes, your still not very far inland. 

Oh, people are always going to go there, whatever happens. This might just deter a few who prefer to do their homework before/early into their introduction to the game. I'm realistic in my expectations.

there are some 9500 members on this forum of which the majority seem to only read the devtracker and never post. there are some 1400000 sold copies of dayz sa. seems to me that a very small portion of the player come here and those who do seem to be old dayzmodgang people ..whining about something all the time... just an observation i have made.

The people all complain about not finding loot are looking in electro or barazino or on the coast. For them they should know, going 'inland' is not a five minute walk. If you haven't walked for at LEAST 45 minutes, your still not very far inland.

Lol you can get to the north west airfield in under 30mins

Maybe I should sprint another 15mins past that before I begin looting

:)

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior