inafinus

Oil Filter Suppressor (Actually works)

Simple, you convert one of 'em oil filters into a suppressor fit for a .22 or 9x19mm (Maybe higher calibers, but I'm not sure if it'd work well)

People are able to use adapters to convert heavy duty oil filter cans into functional suppressors, the only drawback is that it's big and bulky; blocking off the iron sights. They're also not as effective as a real suppressor.

This'd be more common than trying to find a suppressor for your M4 or .22 Rifle (That will soon be coming out)

Edited by Inafinus32
  • Like 6

Lets just add makeshift mini-guns too and makeshift grenade launchers. Why not throw some attack heli's in, and tanks, and nukes too! (:

• Like 1

Lets just add makeshift mini-guns too and makeshift grenade launchers. Why not throw some attack heli's in, and tanks, and nukes too! (:

Er... Why mock the post? This actually has some merit to it.

• Like 5

Er... Why mock the post? This actually has some merit to it.

I'm just messing with you man. I agree with this post but it shouldnt be easy finding one just like a suppresor. Maybe it should be craftable, having the right resources?

I'm just messing with you man. I agree with this post but it shouldnt be easy finding one just like a suppresor. Maybe it should be craftable, having the right resources?

Maybe. :o

Where do you find the metal and lathe to craft the adaptor required?

Probably just throw in a more common adapter to loot spawns, once you nab one, just throw it on any gun.

How many oilfilters like that do you think are in a post-soviet state?

I would have a hard time finding a few myself and if it's in the game already it should be required to repair a vehicle. That would require you to chose between a surpressed gun and a car. Hmmm.

Where do you find the metal and lathe to craft the adaptor required?

You freaking get some metal derbis go to factory building with those machines in or what ever and You make it Yourself!

You freaking get some metal derbis go to factory building with those machines in or what ever and You make it Yourself!

Yeah just like that...want me to tell you what tools you need to manufacture that part alone? And you also need electricity btw.. i bet you want to do that by making 100 bambies run the turbines like hamsters? And that machine can attract quite a few zeds with it's noise level.

• Like 1

Sounds like a cool idea,it would not last long but it would be fine.

its like how in that state of decay game you can make better and better suppressors,that last longer and become less homemade.

They're also not as effective as a real suppressor.

Actually, they are way more effective the first 10 shots~ or so, than a "real" silencer.

I've shot with both kinds.

Best regards

Yeah!  Duh, the realism of this game wont allow it!  Sheesh!  I mean, we all know all you need to make a splint is 2 rags and one stick always.  And you want a backpack?  Anyone can make it since everyone is an expert seamstress. 

Or maybe dont hump the realism aspect every post and enjoy the ride.  this is a good idea.  I like it.  MACHINES AND ELECTRICITY ASIDE!  I like it.

This really seems to me like it would be in the spirit of the game. The adapter doesn't seem that necessary as long as you manage to screw the canister on tightly enough. I guess it would only last a few shots before coming loose but hey, there are these handmade silencers all over the game: spray paint canisters, gas canisters (the small ones are lighter than the spray paint canisters), even cans as one shoot silencers (as they might be torn by the pressure)

This certainly is a good idea and deserves a bump. It's really needed in a survival game like this where firing a gun will bring hordes of zombies and melee attacks won't be sustainable as they will infect you. As this game relies very heavily on realism, silencers will be an extremely rare commodity (it's military grade yet soldiers don't use it)

The heck you on about?  ARe you really comparing a makeshift silencer to a makeshift minigun?

cmon guys, suppressors are for murderers, special forces and hunters in near-poplulation areas.
leave this theme.

cmon guys, suppressors are for murderers, special forces and hunters in near-poplulation areas.

leave this theme.

These handmade suppressors are to defend yourself against zombies and avoid attracting them all to your position as well as half the players on the map. Of course, suppressors are useless on automatic rifles and wouldn't stand the blow of a sniper so it doesn't kill the game, only makes firearms viable and concentrates the problem on finding them and watching your munitions as they are as hard to find as the guns themselves.

dont forget the peice that is needed to thread the oil filter onto the muzzle

dont forget the peice that is needed to thread the oil filter onto the muzzle

That seems redundant and would never be found nir could be crafted. It fits the canister nicely but I think it could be done without it if you pierce a hole on the other side (would be very slightly more noisy than the demonstration, but since the canister doesn't have any other force than the air pressure, I don't think it would fly off. It would probaly just get damaged faster and be slightly more noisy.

That seems redundant and would never be found nir could be crafted. It fits the canister nicely but I think it could be done without it if you pierce a hole on the other side (would be very slightly more noisy than the demonstration, but since the canister doesn't have any other force than the air pressure, I don't think it would fly off. It would probaly just get damaged faster and be slightly more noisy.

yea i see your point, maby even adding some sort of sealent to the end near the muzzle to try to keep gasses in the can instead of all blowing out instantly. would need something to hold it completly still and keep it from flopping around on the muzzle though or you would end up with a different hole each shot and very inaccurate shots