Sign in to follow this  
Damnyourdeadman

Animal tracking funciton/suggestion

Hello,today i wanted to talk to you about an intreasting new feature that could make it to into the game,along with animals.Animal tracking is a skill hunters are practicing from the prehistoric times,also common along various tribes.What i'm suggesting is to add a function like "track area for prey" and if nothing is in your range you get a

message like "i found nothing",but if something's nearby you can get a message like "there are signs of deer nearby".Here's a wikipedia link about the subject...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tracking_%28hunting%29

• Like 1

interresting idea would be cool, but depend on how much animals are in the woods on release, we dont need such a system if we can run 3 minutes and pass 3 deers or hogs on our way :)

i like the idea :)

Edit

ohh would be logic if the system give u a direction to search like "there are signs of deer nearby - heading SSW"

Edited by quantum2k6

What do you think people,tell me your opinions,should we have it ingame?

Is it a bad idea?

Or is it just too early to talk about a system like this?

I REALLY like the idea of tracking animals, but it SHOULD NOT BE AUTOMATED as stated above, no offense.  Keep in mind that this game should be kept as hardcore as possible.  Keep the game the way it was meant to be - HARD on the survivor.  Being able to do things in the game that you would do in real life to stay alive is awesome.  What I'm trying to say is, the computer should not tell  you ANYTHING about signs of animals.  If you're roaming around hungry and are skilled (knowledgable) enough to notice those hog tracks down by your feet, you can then take advantage of the situation.  Otherwise, you starve.