LaughingJack (DayZ)

Summary of dev Q&As from streams

• Horses look to be very hard, but they will defently be done

About this line.

He said that riding will be very difficult to add. But they want to allow riding!

Horses overall will be done.

Other than that! Very nice of you!!! :)

• Like 1

"snap someone neck: Don't tell Dean about this."

Though I like the idea of stealth melee, I think every lethal action should have a non-lethal variant. Choke hold vs. neck snap. Bean bag shells. Tranquilizer gun. Tazer...

I want to teach non-lethal lessons!

• Like 1

Would be neat if they did "fog of war" with 3pp and only show players/zombies if you're in eye contact with them. Not around corners or behind walls.

• Like 1

I'm assume a horse will have a carrier on it, so probs some extra inventory space! I'm excited for this game.

• Horses look to be very hard, but they will defently be done
  • Saddles with inventory spaces ==Easy

So yeah, if (when) they can put horses in, I think the will at first only serve as packmules ;)

"When throwing (Physics) is implemented, guns and pistols will be very rare, because it will exist an option for ranged weapons beyond rifles/pistols"

So...Rust. =/

Nicely done, good work.

I like the 'less military stuff, more sticks and stones' wibe I'm getting from Rocket there. And spears!

• Like 4

Updated in first post with the list from reddit (posted from rudette) for the livestream today, watching(hearing) it now for confirmations

Edited by LaughingJack
  • Like 1

Hopefully the changes to hardcore will still allow a game mode where there is no difference other than no 3PP...I don't play "Hardcore" because I want the game to be life simulation. I play it because I think 3PP sucks.

• Like 1

Great work... thank you!

Was there any mention on how close loot respawning is?  Considering it's been a top priority for a while now, it must be a pretty significant change.

You are welcome! <3

Edit:

Though, iBane's list seems more comprehensive than the one I found!

Edited by Rudette

• Beards may not get in due to being to gender specific and too much work.

Nooooo (Falls onto my knees in devastation)Dayz you have broken my heart. :(

Thanks LaughingJack for the great summary, apart from the bad news above. .

So, heard it through (2 hours of Kiwi english..."predators like wolves and beers" o.o  dangerous Kvass coming in ;))...ahm...I meant: The List from the last stream is now updated and everything I understood is in.

I only was surprised by one thing really:

Skills: It will mainly be passively skillbased. So as you get better at repairing certain things, you will be able to repair more and more badly damaged stuff. It won't be something you'll put a skillpoint in. It will only be the more you do it, the better you get at it
  • Like 2

Think you again for your work.

Btw...the stream was really disappointing.

Don't watch it if you are a DayZ fan (not fanboy).

Yeah, 144p and terrible audio (until minute 20 or so...maybe even 30...) but lots of information - typical Dean: totally open at everything that comes to his mind, from telling people they should try Banished and Project Zomboid and that he would like to meet up with the creators of PZ and Rust to exchange ideas up to quotes like: "Where are you? At the gas station?...I KNOW that somewhere here is a gas station, I made this game! But I can't find it!" or "Zombie, Zombie! Who said there are no Zombies in this game?" or (Gandalflike) "I have no memory of this place..."

I did not watch it (only sometimes to get a information or context), just listen because I couldn't stand the resolution. Played Banished instead muted on one monitor, typed on notepad my notes to the stream on the other monitor ;)

• Like 2