schofie1d

Just died of heart attack, incredibly stupid

I have been playing on this character for a few days, and was looting in a random small town. I was incredibly geared out, ammo/weapons/food/supplies, and all of a sudden-

"My pulse feels irregular"

wtf?

"I feel like I am going to pass out"

You are dead

Seriously, this is incredibly stupid. No words can describe my frustration at dying not by a glitch, not by a hacker, but by a god damn heart attack.

Anyone else had this happen to them? What am I supposed to do in this situation? Can defibs be used on yourself? Do you really have to carry a defib around at all times to save yourself from this RANDOMLY GENERATED GARBAGE?

What about painkillers?

Seriously, I am mad. 

• Like 6

Did you mix disinfectant with soda?

No, did not mix anything or even eat/drink anything at least 5 mins prior to this happening. 

I think there soon would be medication for blood pressure, that way you won't get heart attacks. :)

If not, then dying of a heart attack sucks, really. :(

Edited by AntonioAJC
  • Like 1

Seriously there is nothing in the game right now that would have saved me?

I am just going to die no matter what randomly from a heart attack randomly until they put in a fix?

Seriously stupid, there has to be a fix for this without IMMEDIATELY NEEDING someone else to defib you. That is really unfair to players who play solo, it is one thing needing to find someone to saline you, but needing immediate medical attention like that is absolutely stupid. 

I heard something about heart attacks and just can't believe it's been put in. Rediculous idea.

• Like 8

Do you mean he drank desinfectant instead of soda or you drank mixed soda with desinfectant without traces of the can beeing tampered with? If it was possible to poison canned food and drinks without giving the other player a chance to see that it has been opened that would be incredibly stupid and not thought through on BIS side.

Seriously there is nothing in the game right now that would have saved me?

I am just going to die no matter what randomly from a heart attack randomly until they put in a fix?

Seriously stupid, there has to be a fix for this without IMMEDIATELY NEEDING someone else to defib you. That is really unfair to players who play solo, it is one thing needing to find someone to saline you, but needing immediate medical attention like that is absolutely stupid. 

Did a message say "You died of heart failure"? Or something like that.

Hi.

I wish I could have watched :D joking.

Seriously tho, maybe it isn't as random as you think. Were you carrying a shitload of weight? Constantly running?

I would really like to find out what causes this before it goes live on stable.

Regards.

• Like 4

Do you mean he drank desinfectant instead of soda or you drank mixed soda with desinfectant without traces of the can beeing tampered with? If it was possible to poison canned food and drinks without giving the other player a chance to see that it has been opened that would be incredibly stupid and not thought through on BIS side.

Possible, but HIGHLY unlikely.

I am almost 100% sure I did not eat or drink anything at least 5 mins prior to the first warning message saying the following was displayed-

"My heartbeat feels irregular"

Literally in 5-10 mins I was dead. 

If this is in the game, there must be a fix for it!!

I cannot play this game for hours just to die by something I can do nothing about and that is intentionally put in the game. Absolutely, totally stupid. So mad

No one else has had this happen to them?

I honestly feel like quitting until they put in a fix, randomly generated death is so dumb. I get that this is alpha, but this is a major mess up on the devs part if there was nothing I could do even if I had a defib on me.

• Like 1

In the future I expect there to be loads more things that you can contract/get that you can do nothing about without the propper treatment/medication (i.e cholera and moar illnesses).

As said above " there will be medication for blood pressure, that way you won't get heart attacks."

Edited by Zarniwoop
  • Like 3

Don't heart attacks only happen when your shock value is high? Had you been in a fight or gotten shot or badly damaged? How was your health?

• Like 3

I am almost 100% sure I did not eat or drink anything at least 5 mins prior to the first warning message saying the following was displayed-

"My heartbeat feels irregular"

Literally in 5-10 mins I was dead. 

If this is in the game, there must be a fix for it!!

I cannot play this game for hours just to die by something I can do nothing about and that is intentionally put in the game. Absolutely, totally stupid. So mad

You shouldn't "play" for hours. This is an early alpha stage software meant to be tested. Of course you can have fun in it, but bugs/glitches are everywhere and it's up to all of us to find them/report them  so they can be fixed.

On a side note, at least this is still in alpha, as there a "completed" games out there with game breaking bugs...

On a final note, don't get too "attached" to virtual or material things. It's futile. Enjoy the moments and create memories, it's the only thing that will really last till you die.

Or do as you wish. ( I just don't have the luxury of wasting positive resources to get me back up from "feeling bad/mad" in video games. I rather would spend those resources for all the bad things that happens in real life... ;) )

• Like 9

Don't heart attacks only happen when your shock value is high? Had you been in a fight or gotten shot or badly damaged? How was your health?

Yeah, I was under the impression that it doesn't just happen randomly. Then again isn't it only available on the experimental branch? Sounds pretty experimental to me!

• Like 5

There should not be any medical situation that can happen that is a PURELY RANDOM EVENT generated BY a random number generator, that can kill you without help from another player and kill you faster than you can reasonably find another player. 

• Like 1

There should not be any medical situation that can happen that is a PURELY RANDOM EVENT generated BY a random number generator, that can kill you without help from another player and kill you faster than you can reasonably find another player. 

Sounds like you are going to have a real life heart attack from frustration.

Calm down buddy. It's experimental.

• Like 4

Im glad they are implementing features that will keep people from running sheer across the map, thats what is truly ridiculous. As is crying about dying to something on experimental.  

• Like 1

Not only is this Alpha you're playing on the experimental branch...this is the last place for attachment to your character or grear...

• Like 6

You shouldn't "play" for hours. This is an early alpha stage software meant to be tested. Of course you can have fun in it, but bugs/glitches are everywhere and it's up to all of us to find them/report them  so they can be fixed.

On a side note, at least this is still in alpha, as there a "completed" games out there with game breaking bugs...

On a final note, don't get too "attached" to virtual or material things. It's futile. Enjoy the moments and create memories, it's the only thing that will really last till you die.

Or do as you wish. ( I just don't have the luxury of wasting positive resources to get me back up from "feeling bad/mad" in video games. I rather would spend those resources for all the bad things that happens in real life... ;) )

Dude, this post was incredibly stupid, please hold back from giving shitty advice in the future. 

I am asking about a specific detail in this game, absolutely no need to go nanny on me like I am 12. I realize it's a game you retard. 

I am asking, specifically, is there a fix for this. If not, I am saying it is incredibly STUPID and should be CHANGED. That is what this forum is for.

Not giving shitty parental advice. 

Edited by Max Planck
No personal insults, please

Heh

I seriously doubt it's going to be a "PURELY RANDOM EVENT".

I hope all the guys carrying 800 rounds of ammo, 3 guns, and an axe, whilst constantly sprinting get heart attacks. Will be amusing.

Regards.

• Like 8

Not only is this Alpha you're playing on the experimental branch...this is the last place for attachment to your character or grear...

You're a typical idiot assuming things.

I was playing on normal branch 

Im glad they are implementing features that will keep people from running sheer across the map, thats what is truly ridiculous. As is crying about dying to something on experimental.  

I already said I was NOT running. I was looting a town and randomly died. Also, again, normal branch server. Love how morons like you come out of the woodwork and start talking before they even know wtf is going on

Edited by Max Planck
No personal insults, please