Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Update Rev. 0.36.115535 (Experimental branch)

So... Im feeling there gonna add something big soon with the lack of talk, or additions to the game as well as rocket saying physics and persistentbitems are ver close to working

Animations: New Ruger 10/22 reload animations

So was the Ruger added to the game or not? I can't find it or any ammo for it, but I really like the addition of more police stations and being able to eat all of a can of beans in one go.

- Spawning being hungry is still stupid. (Let it be thirsty again or at least hungry and thirsty, if the whole "washed uppon the shore" thing ist still the fluff on this)

All they changed was the level at which you get the 'hungry' and 'thirsty' notifiers. They used to be 600 energy and 1800 water, now they are 1000 energy and 1500 water. You still spawn with exactly the same energy and water: 1000 energy and 1800 water. It still takes exactly the same amount of time to start starving as it did before, you just get more warning from the 'hungry' notifier appearing earlier. I assume this was done so that new players had more impetus to start looking for food straight away, in previous builds by the time you got 'hungry' you only had about 25 minutes before you started starving to death, now you have about 40 minutes from when you first see 'hungry' (these times assume you are constantly moving, standing still would mean you have longer). 

I recommend this video if you want a very good explanation of the hunger/thirst mechanics:

Edited by Young Trotsky
  • Like 2

where are these new "villages" near Svelto??

is the in game map reflecting these changes ?!

Was wondering the same thing. I saw no new villages. Maybe he meant updates to Olsha?

So... Im feeling there gonna add something big soon with the lack of talk, or additions to the game as well as rocket saying physics and persistentbitems are ver close to working

well if that was true he would of proably said that in the last video 3 days ago . only thing he rearly said of much intrest was bicycles maybe in soon that is all.

hope im wrong but he said vehicles would be out before beta which is 6-9months away yet.

Was wondering the same thing. I saw no new villages. Maybe he meant updates to Olsha?

Olsha and Khelm are completely new. Svetlo has loads of new stuff around...

Edited by bonsai

Olsha and Khelm are completely new. Svetlo has loads of new stuff around...

well went out west a little.  seems to be a little township ... just buildings and roads.  guess that is what they meant.  

also noted that was on the NE map section.

Edited by exogravis

They have mentioned that they are going to implement persistent backpacks first, then move to tents. Probably because backpacks are already present and don't require any new framework code.

And I assume that you have all seen that single server, DayZ SE 0-0, hanging out with a 'Private' Hive listing! This would be bigger than tents, IMHO.

12709987784_5f8ce76a42_z.jpg

They have mentioned that they are going to implement persistent backpacks first, then move to tents. Probably because backpacks are already present and don't require any new framework code.

And I assume that you have all seen that single server, DayZ SE 0-0, hanging out with a 'Private' Hive listing! This would be bigger than tents, IMHO.

12709987784_5f8ce76a42_z.jpg

If they hae implemeted Private Hives then i am in heaven <3 Finally no more server hoppers hopping on with fully decked out M4's taking out everyone they see over a can of beans :D
  • Like 1

If they hae implemeted Private Hives then i am in heaven <3 Finally no more server hoppers hopping on with fully decked out M4's taking out everyone they see over a can of beans :D

I don't see how this would have any effect on people who hop servers.

I don't see how this would have any effect on people who hop servers.

If private hives were implemented, they would have no server to "Hop" to, since the only gear they would have, is gear they acquired on that specific server. That's what a private hive is, essentially a separate database. So, separate database, separate character. Like switching between Hardcore and Regular servers, but server specific, instead of difficulty.

- loot still spawning under floor level, also in supermarkets players randomly appear 1 meter under the floor

- body hidden on the outpost sink only 30 cm but remain visible, floating in air

- on DE 0-4 (I think) dropped gear remained for couple of days, can someone confirm if there was or wasn t any restart at all?

- buddy fell down of a building, died, when respawned it was daylight despite the fact that for the others it was night (around 18.30 on the server). got his gear back, tried to start afterburner (shift+F2), got stuck in F2 gesture and after relogging he fresh-spawned in the middle of the ocean (wasn t killed, we were guarding his last position, no gear/body on the logout spot)

- occasionally still massive delay by item drop and sometimes even while opening doors 

- splitting ruined ammo make it pristine, still

- please make other items paint spray-able too (SKS, axe, pilot helmets, maybe even backpacks etc)

- MAKE THE RANDOM PLAYER/ZED SOUNDS STOP (can opening, ammo, zeds grunts etc)

- GET THAT PLAYER/ZED WALLS PHASING FINALLY FIXED

- FIX OCCASIONAL FALLING BUG WHILE CLIMBING LADDERS (also got fractured after climbing up a ladder)

- if there will be any work done on the shooting sounds, please implement realistic echo, especially in cities with tall buildings 

Game is highly playable, very fluent, nice immersion, I'm sure future content will  generate new purposes (for now, after gearing up with the squad the only purpose is looking for trouble in big coast cities). Also some work should be done to the server menu (servers in history should be able to be sorted by date, filter should have a drop down menu for hardcore/regular mode), also please add server name on "P" player list menu

Edited by kapnobatai
  • Like 3

Great stuff. If we're going to have something as mundane as a 'you're wet' indicator, how about a 'my leg is broken' indicator??

They already do, its called "walking forward and immediately falling to the ground".  You can't take steps forward if your legs are broken.

- loot still spawning under floor level, also in supermarkets players randomly appear 1 meter under the floor

- body hidden on the outpost sink only 30 cm but remain visible, floating in air

- on DE 0-4 (I think) dropped gear remained for couple of days, can someone confirm if there was or wasn t any restart at all?

- buddy fell down of a building, died, when respawned it was daylight despite the fact that for the others it was night (around 18.30 on the server). got his gear back, tried to start afterburner (shift+F2), got stuck in F2 gesture and after relogging he fresh-spawned in the middle of the ocean (wasn t killed, we were guarding his last position, no gear/body on the logout spot)

- occasionally still massive delay by item drop and sometimes even while opening doors 

- splitting ruined ammo make it pristine, still

- please make other items paint spray-able too (SKS, axe, pilot helmets, maybe even backpacks etc)

- MAKE THE RANDOM PLAYER/ZED SOUNDS STOP (can opening, ammo, zeds grunts etc)

- GET THAT PLAYER/ZED WALLS PHASING FINALLY FIXED

- FIX OCCASIONAL FALLING BUG WHILE CLIMBING LADDERS (also got fractured after climbing up a ladder)

- if there will be any work done on the shooting sounds, please implement realistic echo, especially in cities with tall buildings (got reminded of this while watching the terrifying kiev sniper massacre, all my respect and grief for the brave victims)

Game is highly playable, very fluent, nice immersion, I'm sure future content will  generate new purposes (for now, after gearing up with the squad the only purpose is looking for trouble in big coast cities). Also some work should be done to the server menu (servers in history should be able to be sorted by date, filter should have a drop down menu for hardcore/regular mode), also please add server name on "P" player list menu

Submit bug reports, posting this stuff here doesn't do any good.

By the way if you make sure your hands are empty you won't fall off of ladders.

• Like 2

Submit bug reports, posting this stuff here doesn't do any good.

By the way if you make sure your hands are empty you won't fall off of ladders.

about empty hands while climbing down ladders, I noticed that also but I wasn t sure, thanks. what do you mean by 'this stuff'? EDIT: think I know what, I ll edit my previous post

Edited by kapnobatai

Played the experimental for a bit. Things to note:

- Picking berries works. But finding 4 berries in over 30 bushes seem a bit low. It doesn't help either, when the the found berries are so less of nutriton. Both of these things (hard to find and no nutritional value) make them useless and not worth the time for searching them. (Why does the animation take so long and the charakter is stuffing things in his pants when he didn't find anything)

- Saw the new police station and small hospital. They look nice.

- Loot on top of closets can't be taken sometimes, not by clicking or using TAB (but this was in earlier versions too, I think)

- Spawning being hungry is still stupid. (Let it be thirsty again or at least hungry and thirsty, if the whole "washed uppon the shore" thing ist still the fluff on this)

- Some displacement of objects occured. A normal house where the floor was gone in one part, with the soil as ground. A small batch of bulidings near Krasnostav (in the east, where you can find a well) had a bench blocking the entrance door into the "pub" building.

Also, starting the servers more often couldn't be that bad. Can't find a zombie (expect for one, sunken in the ground in the Berenzino police station) and couldn't find any useful loot (spawned in Berenzino, ran up to Krasnostov and the absolutley empty airfield, then proceded to go north and then west. The whole run I only found a fire extinguisher, a cooking pot, a hard hat and a cap.

In some garages up in the north I found a pipe wrench and then died of starvation. Not even rotten fruit could be found.)

Berries are easier than that. You can find loads in the same bush but it does take a while and yes you are getting hungry while you do it. Spam the F button when down in the bush and you don't have to move bushes. Eat the red ones only of course! They do not offer much sustenance but do stave off death. Any other food is better though. It's the first step on scavenging in game which is good!

• Like 1

about empty hands while climbing down ladders, I noticed that also but I wasn t sure, thanks. what do you mean by 'this stuff'? EDIT: think I know what, I ll edit my previous post

By 'this stuff' I believe he is referring to the bugs you listed. Most of these are already known issues in the bug tracker: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/forum/83-bug-reports/. For those it is best to go into the tracker and add your info there or just upvote the issues you see as important there.

This thread should be used for discussing the upcoming changes listed in the patch notes or problems with them discovered by playing in the Experimental builds. It keeps this thread (mostly) on topic and avoids unnecessary clutter.

Berries are easier than that. You can find loads in the same bush but it does take a while and yes you are getting hungry while you do it. Spam the F button when down in the bush and you don't have to move bushes. Eat the red ones only of course! They do not offer much sustenance but do stave off death. Any other food is better though. It's the first step on scavenging in game which is good!

So the bushes spawn berries based on a percentage chance with every "use" of the bush? So they can't "run out" of berries (either by being lootet before or being flagged as "already used" by the player?

You don't have to edit your post. I'm just saying it's no good reporting bugs on the forums, use the bug reports page because that's where the devs look for bugs.