randalmcdaniels

This game is shit

I know the controls of dayz, i understand that you have to remain calm and collected in dayz in order to be able to sucessfully navigate your inventory as well as equip/holster your weapons correctly in battle. I have my M4 in quickacess slot1, my pistol in quickacess slot2, and my machete in quickacess slot3, i understand that i must equip them and ready them as well before using them. I have been playing dayz since the very early stages of the mod. I know how to control my character.

So i run to balota and i hear gunshots so i figured these guys mean business, i see one guy in top radio tower fully geared so with two well placed SKS shots i knock him out... Awesome.. So i run upstairs to the top of the tower and i shoot his downed body 10 times with m4 just to be sure. I hover over his body until i finally can see all his loot. First thing i do is drag his tactical vest with four stanags onto my character and nothing.. The inventory is just completely unresponsive. I than stand up and run to move over a few feet to remove some of my items to start fresh and nothing...  No response from inventory menu at all whatsoever. I know how to loot enemies and i even make sure there is nothing in my hands before i begin doing things. So the bottom line is that after a period of about 2 minutes i still can not take a single thing from his inventory nor can i remove or discard a single thing from mine.

Than out of the corner of my eye i see his buddy prone crawling along the fence with a shotgun, so i aim down the sights of my m4 and it glitches to where i am literally just looking at the black internals of the gun, so i quickly snap to third person and just fire from the hip 30 rounds until he gets knocked out. So i climb down ladder and run up to his body.

To be sure he is dead i calmy press F to ready my m4.. Nothing.. I calmy tap 1 re-equip out my m4 and nothing. I than press 3 to take out my machete and nothing. Just nothing is working. I am literally standing over this guy for about 90 seconds unable to equip or take out a single thing. Just NOTHING. Just nothing is responding. I than press tab to manually press X over "hands" to empty them and re-drag my M4 from the right into my hands slot. He sucessfully puts the M4 into the hands.. I than exit out of inventory and press F to ready my M4 and nothing. Just nothing. And of course the dude wakes up! I quickly say screw it and take out my fists and hit his head about 8 times and he goes unconscious again for another 30 seconds, i than try again to figure out what is wrong with my inventory, and in that time i still am unable to take out a single thing.. than he wakes up again and shoots me multiple times and i die.

So here i am standing over this enemy player for a good 90 seconds cool and calm unable to equip a single thing to finish him.

Im sorry but in every other game i have ever played in my life you press 1 to take out your rifle, 2 to take out your pistol and it just works. This game is such a stiff, clumsy, awkward piece of shit its not even funny. And its been this way for the past two years. How hard can it be to make a player take out his weapons?

This game is shit. I don't care how many times you say alpha. You don't put a $30 pricetag on something like this

Edited by randalmcdaniels

It's called desync and a terrible server. If you think this game is this bad to write a forum post about it, you're just wasting your time.

Also. Alpha. Seriously you press the button every time you log in.

Have fun on another game then I guess, although I do suggest coming back in 2 years.

Inb4 Graveyard

Edited by AsOiX

That's lag.

Anyway, nobody forced you to buy it.

It might be sad for you, but nobody cares about your raging here :/

Edited by Gugolas
  • Like 2

...And its been this way for the past two years...

Wow you have had access to the Standalone for a long time.

There are numerous reasons for this, unoptomised network code, network congestion, network contention ... hell just a very early buggy game that needs a lot of work ... you however did agree to buy the game knowing full well it is in Alpha.

Quoted from Wikipedia:

Alpha

See also: Alpha release

Alpha is the stage when key gameplay functionality is implemented, and assets are partially finished. A game in alpha is feature complete, that is, game is playable and contains all the major features. These features may be further revised based on testing and feedback. Additional small, new features may be added, similarly planned, but unimplemented features may be dropped. Programmers focus mainly on finishing the codebase, rather than implementing additions. Alpha occurs eight to ten months before code release.

Having said that ... this is a broad description of Alpha and I am sorry that you are unhappy ... but once again ... nobody held a gun to your head and forced you to buy the game in the current state.

I would reccomend you stop playing the game for a while and give it a couple of releases and then try again.

You missed the most important button.

P

Check it out.

Also, probably should have heeded the warnings before playing. Have a nice life.

lol, to make a rage about desync is pretty stupid, it's nothing to do with the game, it's the server, the game doesn't let you perform actions because the database hasn't received your message yet, much like when you get a dead foot and you can't move it for a bit, the signal cannot reach it and therefore some actions can't be performed, this happens on other games, much like in call of duty when you throw a grenade it doesn't throw, why do you rage about an unfinished game with a lower bar set?

Took me about an hour and a half to finally make my way to balota and its frustrating when you get two clean knockdowns and die in such a stupid way., are there ANY tweaks i can do to either cpu, game config files, or anything to make the inventory more responsive at alll?? I know im easily annoyed but the truth is i am pretty addicted to dayz and just get pissed because It seems like every time i die its as a result of something out of my user control

"this happens on other games, much like in call of duty when you throw a grenade it doesn't throw, why do you rage about an unfinished game with a lower bar set?"

Uhh never in my 10yrs of gaming have i ever been unable to take out my weapon lag or not

And why did my enemies controls/inventory work fine if the server wasnt recieving messages?

Edited by randalmcdaniels

OK, i'll just post the first 8 things that this thread will contain.

Known bug

QQ more

It's Alpha

Do you ever read the disclaimer bro?

Unfathomable tears.AVI

Will be fixed soontm

Search more

This is not the place for bugs, use the bug tracker

• Like 2

You are all right, next time i will just say "aww fiddlesticks better luck next time" when i am unable to kill an enemy whos unconscious body i am standing over for two whole minutes