iongaming33@aim.com

2 Ways To Make Bloodbags Useful/Increase Teamwork

So, after about 100 hours of playing with a large group, I wondered what could make group play better, and why we never used bloodbags. There's clearly a plethora of bloodbags in the game, and it's pretty simple to take blood, hook up an IV, and use it later. We know how to take blood, and how to regenerate it, so why is no one using them? The answer is simple. Bloodbags are useless without the knowledge of blood type. Without the knowledge of blood type, you're taking about a 30% chance with your life when receiving unknown blood (roughly).

I have 2 ways to remedy this.

#1. The obvious one- Make blood test kits WAY more common. With a ton of test kits layin around, everyone would know their blood-type, and it would be a lot easier to transfer blood safely.

#2. The cooler one- Have a 50%(negotiable) chance to spawn with a medical I.D. tag in your inventory. When examined, it could tell you your blood type, or if you have any chronic diseases (FUTURE!?!?).

Let me know what you think, I'd really like to see bloodbags become more viable, and the only way I see that happening is the knowledge of blood-types. Interested to see your comments.

-Jigsaw

• Like 3

Well for the purposes of working in a group, you can just get healthy, have a buddy take blood from you, you regen back up, and you put the bags in your inventory.  Then when you need blood in a pinch, the filled ones you are carrying is your own blood, so it will obviously work for you.  No need to know the types and whatnot.

The only real problem appears when you go around healing random people.  You don't know their blood type, and unless you have an O- cow, you'll need to test their blood every time.

I still think things are ok for now.  By the time you've looted 5 bags and 5 IV, you've found at least 1 blood test kit.  The one thing I do want is the ability to write notes on the bags, so know what type it is.

I'd rather not have some magical knowledge about my blood type from the start.  Blood test kit spawns could go up a bit, but not to a silly amount.  There's a lot of loot spawn issues already anyways.

I can already imagine all the suicides until people spawned with 0-, the universal blood type. then they could farm themselves for all their mates.

Are the blood test kits single use? If so then just make them reusable and spawn in hospitals fairly regularly. It's not like they're a game winning item, so having a few of them laying around won't matter as much. 

You can make IV/Blood bags less common to compensate. I've found a crazy amount of full medkits in my travels and I've only been playing a few days.

I can already imagine all the suicides until people spawned with 0-, the universal blood type. then they could farm themselves for all their mates.

I see your point, but if I get an Elektro spawn with A+ I'm certainly not killing myself for a blood type.

I see your point, but if I get an Elektro spawn with A+ I'm certainly not killing myself for a blood type.

Might want to rethink that.  A+ can only donate to A+ and AB+.  That means you can only donate to 33% of all players.

The only real problem appears when you go around healing random people.  You don't know their blood type...

Is that called Transylvanian Roulette?

Might want to rethink that.  A+ can only donate to A+ and AB+.  That means you can only donate to 33% of all players.

But if he is a solo player or bandit how does that worry him... The bagging yourself and carrying your own blood is thee best way to insure your own survival ... ps keep1 saline for that quick unkown light fix..

But if he is a solo player or bandit how does that worry him... The bagging yourself and carrying your own blood is thee best way to insure your own survival ... ps keep1 saline for that quick unkown light fix..

Well if you're looking to give blood, O- is better.  If you're looking to take blood, AB+ is better.  Doesn't matter what you plan to do, if you know from the start you're middle of the road blood type wise, some would see respawning as a smart move to get a better type.

However if you're solely just using your own blood, types are irrelevant, no matter what you do to the system.

I really don't understand why they don't just tell you your blood type period on spawn. The test kits would be to ensure the guy you may have just stolen blood from isn't lying or to test mixed up blood bags or found blood bags. I don't think it is at all unauthentic to actually know your own blood type without having to test.

I really don't understand why they don't just tell you your blood type period on spawn. The test kits would be to ensure the guy you may have just stolen blood from isn't lying or to test mixed up blood bags or found blood bags. I don't think it is at all unauthentic to actually know your own blood type without having to test.

How many of us actually know our own blood type? 

I wouldn't have a clue about mine. :p

• Like 1

#2. The cooler one- Have a 50%(negotiable) chance to spawn with a medical I.D. tag in your inventory. When examined, it could tell you your blood type, or if you have any chronic diseases (FUTURE!?!?).

♥ Very good idea!

How many of us actually know our own blood type? 

I wouldn't have a clue about mine. :P

I agree, but that wasn't really the point. The point is to bring worth back to blood bags. Put a medical ID on people and bandits will steal your blood, then shoot you on the fifty/fifty chance they don't need to waste a test kit.

Well if you're looking to give blood, O- is better.  If you're looking to take blood, AB+ is better.  Doesn't matter what you plan to do, if you know from the start you're middle of the road blood type wise, some would see respawning as a smart move to get a better type.

In fact, I don't know what is planned for the game, but you can't do that at all. You can only do that with concentrated red blood cell. In the game, you can only make total blood transfusions. That mean that either blood and antibodies are transfused. And finally, the game must allow transfusion with the same group only.