Sign in to follow this  
Damnyourdeadman

Melee weapons-repair/crafting system

Well hello Dayz community.I have another suggestion,regarding melee weapons and tools.

We all know that we will be able to craft them and repair them.What i'm suggesting,is having them divided in parts like illustrated below.

That way if for example find a shovel with a broken handle but a usable steel head,we can just replace the handle with a new one and keep the metal part.

shovel_parts.jpg
14310_22_2.jpg

Same thing can be implemented with axes,pickaxes or chainsaws (replace the chainsaw chain)

FTGBHT2GD2J27I7.MEDIUM.jpg
03missdebbiehammer.jpg
hammer%20head%20006.jpg

dkc_ck_1_600.jpg
machete_1a_600.jpg

fork1.jpg

FH2MMEWGE7LBTU2.MEDIUM.jpg

Edited by Damnyourdeadman
  • Like 9

I'd be down with that. Not sure how complex the devs are thinking of making crafting, but as far as I am concerned, the more complexity and interactions the better.

Could start with something as simple as a piece of flint, a stick and some duct tape/rope to make a crude axe etc. 

• Like 1

I'm with you bro! And I really think that the reverse process should exist to - for example, If i need splint, to fix my leg, I can break the shovel or axe and use the wooden handle as simple stick, for crafting the splint.

Would make looting items a lot more interesting and finally allows melee weapons to be repairable without cleaning kit or the likes.

Well it's far from a complex system.Like the M4 that comes in diferent parts,with the same concept we can use the illustrated tools/weapons/

It's practical and above all realistic.

Ok, but imo ultra low priority. More parts on the server is exactly what we dont need right now.

Please excuse my shameless bump,but i have the

need to furter discuss on this.It's a very realistic and practical

aproach and i would love to see this implmented IMO.What do you think? :)