DeatHTaX

In regards to Loot tents/Storage

So I did some searching on the topic and have found some interesting ideas regarding the soon to be implemented "storage devices/tents/whatever". A lot of discussion is on how they should be implemented, what they should be, or whether or not they should be implemented at all. 

Personally, I think it's going to happen no matter what, so I think the big question for me is this:

What's a good way to balance storage devices in relation to dying?

Think about it. Dying is of little to no consequence if you have a tent full of gear ready to go.

But what if...you're storage device was directly tied to the fate of your character. Now hear me out on this.

Let's say, you've been storin' up food and items like crazy in your (how ever many you're allowed to have, I'm assuming it will be one...idk) tent(s). Okay, cool. So now you can just run around whilly nilly with no worry and throw caution to the wind because you have stuff stored away. This is boring and lame

However, if a system were to be implemented that affected the quality and durability of your tent's gear upon your player's death, that would

A: Make a player much more cautious about how he plays

B: Player death will have a resounding consequence, without the need of some sort of whacky (and never happening) skill-set system

C: Will prevent people from hording massive amounts of loot even after multiple deaths

TL;DR:: So lets say you have a tent full of pristine items. You die. Those pristine items when you return are now damaged or worn.

Just an idea.

Any thoughts?

Edited by DeatHTaX
  • Like 1

I dont know, its not a terrible idea. Just needs some kind of realism tie in there...so that it could make a little bit of sense if it was to be added to the game.

What if everyone who burrowed their shit had the following mechanic.

When u burrow something on a server, (You need a safe and a shovel ) automaticly u take notes of the place and the code you used to lock the safe in a piece of paper. That piece of paper is bound to you each time you die. ( This is mandatory, this happens even if you dont want to.)
When you die and people loot you, they get to see that piece of paper.
The piece of paper shows the following shit:

- A location within 1 square quilometer where the treasure is hidden ( You have to find it in that quilometer ) (You need a map of Chernarus to see where that square quilometer is) ( The place where it is hidden is visible as a small lump of earth; But not too visible, it must be hard to spot ).

- How many items are burrowed in the safe.

-The code you used

-IP and Name of the server it was burried on!

Now, if you die alot. Alot of people will try to find your treasure.

If people do find your treasure place(saw the lump in the ground) but have not killed u, they can try to unborrow it, but they have to guess the 4 digit code and have no idea if you have many items there or not( Not easy or cool! ).

This way life gets more valuable and a tresure finding mechanic is implemented to the game. Thats fun to the hunter.

???? 

Profit!

Edited by Lesrah

I dont know, its not a terrible idea. Just needs some kind of realism tie in there...so that it could make a little bit of sense if it was to be added to the game.

yeah i was thinking about that too...something along the lines of a dialogue opens in the MOTD bar when you return to your tent and it says something like "it looks as if something has been inside your tent" or something along those lines.

That's the biggest issue i'm having so far, is a reasonable way to tie this system into some sort of reasonable explanation as to WHY it's degraded