Sign in to follow this  
VentFox

Dynamic first person?

I don't know if this has been brought up before (it probably has) but what if first person was made so that, for example, when you put on sunglasses it tinted your view a bit and brings down the god-rays a bit. Or when you're wearing a helmet your hearing and voice is muffled and you can sort of see the outline of the visor around the screen, Same for the gas mask only with full hearing.

I was just thinking this would be a neat little thing in the game and can add advantages as well as disadvantages into the game based on the heard gear you're wearing.

• Like 6

This has been brought up before. But, OT yes I think this would be a GREAT addition to the game. ^-^

As much as this sounds nice, it might be (in my opinion), the lowest priority kind of thing that this game "needs" or "wants".

I really mean it... lower in priority even to the ability to wear a playboy bunny costume with a customizable poledance...

As much as this sounds nice, it might be (in my opinion), the lowest priority kind of thing that this game "needs" or "wants".

I really mean it... lower in priority even to the ability to wear a playboy bunny costume with a customizable poledance...

I know what you mean and I fully agree.

It's not something that NEEDS to be in the game. It would only be an aesthetic thing once the game is Internally finished.

I've been saying for ages that more immersion is needed for hardcore servers.

Helmets and masks should reduce visibility when worn. With helmets the range of movement should also be reduced.

Sunglasses should be effective for sun glare, but on the flip side would need to be removed at dusk/night time and perhaps when over cast.

Rain should effect bike helmets and sunglasses causing raindrops to form, and in the case of bike helmets the possibility they would steam up.

I've been saying for ages that more immersion is needed for hardcore servers.

Helmets and masks should reduce visibility when worn. With helmets the range of movement should also be reduced.

Sunglasses should be effective for sun glare, but on the flip side would need to be removed at dusk/night time and perhaps when over cast.

Rain should effect bike helmets and sunglasses causing raindrops to form, and in the case of bike helmets the possibility they would steam up.

Again though these would be aesthetics for once the mechanics in the game are worked out.

(They would be pretty great though) 

Edited by DannytheScoot

Again though these would be aesthetics for once the mechanics in the game are worked out.

(They would be pretty great though) 

Which is obvious, these are just ideas for later in the game's lifetime. Don't really understand why people assume that people want the idea to happen now. (Talking in general)

Which is obvious, these are just ideas for later in the game's lifetime. Don't really understand why people assume that people want the idea to happen now. (Talking in general)

Simply meant to point out that this is such a low priority that the thought has been irrelevant until it was brought up.

We're talking things that could possibly be delayed until like a month before release... which most people estimate isnt even likely to be until mid to late 2015...

My guess is most aesthetic features will be implemented late Beta.
Which most likely won't release till the core mechanics are functioning as they want them.

(after reading this over again I realized I re-worded what you said just now)

Edited by DannytheScoot

Do I need to add in a caveat to point out my comments are on a "as and when" basis? Surely I don't... do I?

I think the full game probably will come out 2016. :3

Do I need to add in a caveat to point out my comments are on a "as and when" basis? Surely I don't... do I?

Not necessarily, no. 

Not really... but i would hate to see this forum turn into an even greater avenue of daydreaming so far into the future that we have 1.7 million new Nostradamus'es to contend with in 5 years  ;)

Pulling your leg a little... but if I had to record every daydream I've had for the future of DayZ while scouting for fresh meat in some military base... this game would NEVER be finished!

• Like 2

Not really... but i would hate to see this forum turn into an even greater avenue of daydreaming so far into the future that we have 1.7 million new Nostradamus'es to contend with in 5 years   ;)

Pulling your leg a little... but if I had to record every daydream I've had for the future of DayZ while scouting for fresh meat in some military base... this game would NEVER be finished!

You made me laugh...resulting in me spitting out my coffee. ;-;

I don't know if this has been brought up before (it probably has) but what if first person was made so that, for example, when you put on sunglasses it tinted your view a bit and brings down the god-rays a bit. Or when you're wearing a helmet your hearing and voice is muffled and you can sort of see the outline of the visor around the screen, Same for the gas mask only with full hearing.

I was just thinking this would be a neat little thing in the game and can add advantages as well as disadvantages into the game based on the heard gear you're wearing.

Excellent suggestion.