TokumeiSennin

Bullet in wound

I know how works bullets FMJ, TMJ, JSP and JHP but leave it at side for moment.

What if there would be chance to stack bullet in wound (after get shot of course). I know in real chance for it depends of vairous factors...but what if.

If bullet stack in wound, player feel pain, painkillers will work only for 10-15 min.

Bullet/s should be removed from wound. To do that player need something like Pliers, Knife or Screwdriver, tool need be disinfected by Disinfectant Spraya, if not, then its there will high chance for sepsis. Removing bullets will alway end with bleeding -> need bandage/rag.

I would add some bullets limit in body, around 3-4. If player would have more in body then healty will slowly fell down.

Its my view, but detals can be changed.

I like to hear your opinions guys.

• Like 11

I like where your brain is headed. I think that would add a cool new dimension to the game. I'm for it.

You're actually NOT supposed to go digging in there just to remove the bullet, so I don't like that idea. I know someone who's been living with a bullet in them for ages and it's fine.

And besides - the bullet may very likely not even stay in the body, removing a bullet every time you got shot would be crazy.

"Retained bullets rare cause complications and surgical attempts to find and remove these bullets usually cause more harm than good, if they are even successful."

"However, first aid treatment does not include the removal of deeply embedded objects, powdered glass, or any widely scattered material of this nature. You should never attempt to remove bullets"

You're actually NOT supposed to go digging in there just to remove the bullet, so I don't like that idea. I know someone who's been living with a bullet in them for ages and it's fine.

And besides - the bullet may very likely not even stay in the body, removing a bullet every time you got shot would be crazy.

"Retained bullets rare cause complications and surgical attempts to find and remove these bullets usually cause more harm than good, if they are even successful."

"However, first aid treatment does not include the removal of deeply embedded objects, powdered glass, or any widely scattered material of this nature. You should never attempt to remove bullets"

Like i said, there will be chance, not every time you got shot.

I agree with quote about removing some deeply objects from wound, but no one said that bullet will stack deeply. Problem to remove or not object from wound depends of various factors. I like put it optimitic and assume thats bullet can be removed without harm body. Object which is not deep and do not harm any organs, veins, etc, can make problems when you moving. Usually you should get to hospital to remove object from body. In DayZ there no hospital, or you deal with it or you can have problems in future.

Few others things are simplified, if you get hit from axe.. then 1 bandage stop blood lossing, in real you would need a lot more. Same morfine, etc...

Edited by TokumeiSennin

I like the idea, makes me think of the old Metal Gear Solid games. Always liked how you had to individually treat and bandage each wound in MGS3.

I tought about this yesterday before I went to sleep was going to post it aswell :P

I like the idea but in a different way . I agree with Gews that bullets are never usually removed unless absolutely necessary , and when it's necessary it's usually because : it's in your eye , it's on a joint , if it causes actual discomfort or pain, OR if you have high amounts of led in your bloodstream .

I'm sure it's rare in the world today where we take a bullet in the pinky and have to go to the hospital, but if we are apocalypse survivors who can survive numerous gun fights after getting shot wouldnt it be cool if we had to remove a bullet in the case that you get led poisoning from being shot too many times in one life ? Its a Long shot but the message of led poisoning could say " I don't feel so well(good?)" following with vomiting once, after this your character can then extract a bullet from his body with pliers and some alcohol or whatever by either combining them or just a scroll wheel action .

But if neither of these ideas sell to the devs I guess we just gotta pack up the ol' remove bullet idea haha .

I was thinking this as well!

Maybe the tool you use depends on how long it takes to heal.

Like if you use a knife it would be cleaner than digging it out with a screwdriver, so the wound is less torn up and will heal faster.

Having to actually treat a wound instead of just bandaging would be a great fit IMO.

I've got a pellet in my calf, been there nigh on 15 years, it's fine.

Shrapnel too.

We need medical status UI page.

Option to treat different wounds.

I do think, that if you have enough bullets and are getting infections your healing should halt.

No need for that tbh, just keep it simple, got shot?! Cant do anything unless you do this: pliers/knife/screwdriver to remove the bullet, alcohol/disinfectant to treat the wound and then bandage, natural regeneration is way too fast and needs to be change in order to be more realistic. no need for medical tree/skills/ui tbh.