Sign in to follow this  
TEST_SUBJECT_83

Battle eye banning for no reason?

I searched this topic and found a thread that was locked and didn't really have any good info so I thought Id make another...sorry.

I was banned earlier this morning for no reason at all. I dont hack, I don't know or want to know how to hack. I don't even turn up my gamma when I occasionally do play at night. Now the only reason I'm even defending myself is because some of the comments in the other thread said something like, "battle eye doesn't lie if you were banned than you were hacking" Well that can't be true because I was definitely not hacking. I don't even know what a hack is really? Lol!

So I hopped in a low pop server and thought I would try and find one of those elusive ACoG sights that I haven't had since a few patches ago, and I made my way across the map to all the hot spots. While in Zelenogorsk I was banned all of a sudden while looking in the red door'ed storage units. Tried to join again, and it said I wasn't allowed? I was quite disturbed by this, because it was a server that I frequent heavily and never had any problems. I'm just posting this asking if anyone else has experienced this or if it's a know bug or something.

Edited by TEST_SUBJECT_83

hm. Could you post a screenshot or write down exactly what errors you have popping up when you try to join?

That would help us to isolate the issue. Try to write down anything you can.

Although I think when it comes to battle-eye...you'll have to get in contact with them.

• Like 1

Um just asking did battle eye ban you?? or did it kick you from server??? big difference and i am getting the vibe it kicked you or you would be alot more upset if it banned you then no more dayz. if it kicked you not a big problem every  now and then your BE doesnt respond to the server and it kicks you ( why because you could then hack and it wouldnt be able to ban you ,)

But i am sure someone far more knoledgable on BE could explain better.. but still was it kick or ban lets start with that ...

Did you try restarting game or closing game and running the BE updater ? again not that experience with BE ( funny after so many years playing arma) but the closest i have gotten is being kicked or not allowed in game because it wasnt updated or not responding...

Edited by SoulFirez

Take it up with battle eye the Dev's and mods cannot un ban you as it is a third party service. If you didn't cheat I feel for you, if you did ....burn.

• Like 1

You're probably confusing the ban with a kick. Have you tried to join other servers?

Edited by AntonioAJC

hm. Could you post a screenshot or write down exactly what errors you have popping up when you try to join?

That would help us to isolate the issue. Try to write down anything you can.

Although I think when it comes to battle-eye...you'll have to get in contact with them.

I've been kicked before. When you kicked, it says 

"you've been kicked"

It said.

"You've been banned"

There was no errors on the screen or anything.

I can play on any other server, just not that one.

Except it's not banning for no reason. It's banning for a reason. :)

But thats why Im creating this because I DID get banned for no reason.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Take it up with battle eye the Dev's and mods cannot un ban you as it is a third party service. If you didn't cheat I feel for you, if you did ....burn.

Thanks,

But if I did cheat, why the hell would I make this post? Lol!

Wait, the server just banned you? WTF, admins do not have those kind of privileges, only kicking and time of day. Report that server to the provider.

id get on to BE pretty soon as yeah you can play other servers but with this SA using both BE doesnt BE report to VAC within a week and bang then your gone for good ???

Im not sure on this just something i heard i have very little experience in dealing with BE less with VAC so i may be miss informing you better to be safe than sorry..

Ya sure it was BE and not an admin ban from the server????

This is critical..

Did your brother touch your computer ?

• Like 8

This is critical..

Did your brother touch your computer ?

I should give you my box full of canned beans...

• Like 1

Thanks,

But if I did cheat, why the hell would I make this post? Lol!

ya ninja'd me lol at the end i thought admin ban ....

Admin dont have the right to ban you yet?? strange if they catch you hacking (talking  in private hive of the mod) they use to be able to ban you and supply BE with server logs in attempt to get you perm banned ( not saying you were op the method was open to exploiting by badmin lol )..

edit not my day quoted wrong person there' sighs and retreats from thread'

Edited by SoulFirez

I've been banned and kicked off private servers (the ones people use for loot), not sure if you had joined one, although not likely seeing as you have been on the server regularly.

Yesterday I was playing in some UK regular server and I saw that one player was kicked out and reason was "hack 38". What does that mean?

I dont hack, I don't know or want to know how to hack.

Like we are gonna believe you. 

I've been kicked before. When you kicked, it says 

"you've been kicked"

It said.

"You've been banned"

There was no errors on the screen or anything.

I can play on any other server, just not that one.

If that's the literal message you got, then it's not a BE ban.

BE bans say something like "Battleye Global Ban", and cover every single server with BE enabled.

I was not aware admins had ways to ban players. But then, I thought password protection was not available either, yet there are lots of pw-protected servers coming up.

IIRC battleye is not DayZ exclusive.

Sometimes the comms to BE timeout and we get dumped from a server.

BE ban as i understand it completely bans you from using your steam account in certain games? Not sure, but something along those lines.

This is not a BE (global or other) ban, if it was so you would not be able to connect to any server running BE.

Topic title is misleading, as is your assumption.

BE will give a message that corresponds to the ban, not a  simple "you are banned".

If you have for example removed or modified pbo's, then you will be kicked before you are able to join the server (file check).

It happens rarely that false bans are given and then revoked, this is why you must contact BE, as stated above BIS or the DayZ team are unable to help you in anyway.

Locked.