Sign in to follow this  
SpiRo (DayZ)

Sugestion: Teammate Recognitions

Make it possible to paint Rags and tie them around arms and legs.

Example: If i am playing with 2 friends we can all paint rags into red and tie them around right arm. So we can easier recognize each other instead of asking on TS/Skype "Is that you guys next to the wall, behind that red house" etc, etc.. 

Simple right click on rag and selecting "Tie around left arm" / "Tie around right leg", etc.. 

Also add few more colors and possibility to paint rags, so that your group have specific color and limb on which you will tie your emblem.

• Like 7

That is a really good idea, you easily could do that with the spraycans and rags in the game already. 

That is a really good idea, you easily could do that with the spraycans and rags in the game already. 

Yes that is my point. Just add few more spray colors and make option to tie rags to limbs. Not hard to do but very helpful and it fits the game. 

Edited by SpiRo

This has been suggested many many times , but I don't think in this armband way so props for originality , but still I'm sure devs are workin on some kind of painting / graffiti system to at least color clothes differently like guns ... Maybe a cloth dying kit or somethin specialized like that :}

Make it possible to paint Rags and tie them around arms and legs.

Example: If i am playing with 2 friends we can all paint rags into red and tie them around right arm. So we can easier recognize each other instead of asking on TS/Skype "Is that you guys next to the wall, behind that red house" etc, etc.. 

Simple right click on rag and selecting "Tie around left arm" / "Tie around right leg", etc.. 

Also add few more colors and possibility to paint rags, so that your group have specific color and limb on which you will tie your emblem.

I believe this is an excellent idea.

I also know why he suggested it. i heard a sad story that he shot his best friend. :(

Edited by Sonty
  • Like 1

Part of the issue, I'm realizing, is that camo and the ability to blend is sort of beats everything. Everyone I know goes for all greens / tans / olive drab and camos, and so do all the people we fight.

When I go solo, I can't even count how many times entire groups of KOS banditos have walked within 3 feet of me while I hide motionless in a bush because I was in all green.

It's ofcourse optional, if you want to stay all camo you can or paint your rag green or brown etc. If the rag is only one color it would be nice to stack them to your arm and make different compinations. There should be as many options as possible, because whole idea is to recognize your team and teammate and nothing is archieved if dude with same redband comes and shoots you and you didn't even consider to talk to him.

Edited by Hiekkamestari

Part of the issue, I'm realizing, is that camo and the ability to blend is sort of beats everything. Everyone I know goes for all greens / tans / olive drab and camos, and so do all the people we fight.

When I go solo, I can't even count how many times entire groups of KOS banditos have walked within 3 feet of me while I hide motionless in a bush because I was in all green.

I totally agree on the camo deal.  The painted rags can be seen as a trade-off of concealment for recognition.  Think it's worth adding.  DayZ gives you lots of options.

I totally agree on the camo deal.  The painted rags can be seen as a trade-off of concealment for recognition.  Think it's worth adding.  DayZ gives you lots of options.

Of course.. But camo gear works only if you are camping in woods and once you shoot everyone will know where you are.

Most of the team fights happen in urban cities and airfields so camo green is really meaningless. And in cities it is harder to track your teammates since you are moving fast.

How about a dot of orange spraypaint on your helmet?  Help us all shoot straight, ya know?  :-)