Coldspark824

The hacks begin...

I have had plenty of experience playing games where people shout "HAX!" "hacker~!" "aimbot!", when they are simply out-skilled.

This is not one of those times. I've seen clipping through walls, I've lagged, and this was something else.

I was playing tonight with a friend near Kamyshovo, and a new-spawn appeared right next to me. I freaked out and emptied a clip of M4A1 on him, to blood spots, etc etc, and he still stood.
All he was wearing was a red shirt. In my offense, I probably shouldn't have shot a new spawn, but I was in a spot where I'd never spawned before- up on the hill some ways.

Anyway, from full health, guy punches me once bare-handed, and I go unconscious. One punch later I'm dead. I'm wearing a military helmet, and full gear otherwise.

My friend is nearby and I tell him that someone punched me to death, and he starts to shoot at him. The guy starts warping around in locations like a F**kin matrix agent, and the same thing happens: Appears to the side of my friend and one-shots him with fists.  Angry, I respawn, luckily, right in Kamyshovo. I run to my body, and am surprised to see kamyshovo FULL of newspawns.
It's a 39/40 server so I assumed it was going to be full, but kamyshovo was as though everyone had died at once and was spawning here.

Anyway, I try to go get my body and I see the guy again. He's wearing all my gear, has my fully-tricked M4A1, and is just warping around. I don't mean walking forward and lagging some, and appearing. I mean he's standing still, and would just disappear and reappear HUNDREDS of meters away, mowing down everyone who was spawning with my own gun. I yelled over ingame chat "How the hell are you warping like that?!" and he just laughs, appears near me, and shoots me dead.

Then I quit.

I'll be totally honest, I hadn't seen anyone hack in DayZ before. In the mod people would server hop, people would abuse the ammo clip glitch to restock ammo, and combat log, but this was something totally different.

If this starts to become common in DayZ Standalone, I'm out for good. You spend hours collecting good gear. If I get killed because I let a sniper catch me, or I died in a gunfight, I'm steamed, but they got me fair and square. That's how the game works. Losing hours of gametime for bullshit like that is not alright.

-----------i..e. Is there any way we could get punkbuster or something attached to the steam client when DayZ launches?

Edited by Coldspark824
  • Like 2

Considering this was your first time seeing one in how many hours you have played? I dont think its much of an issue to worry about. I myself havent seen a hacker yet, but dont let one experience make u want to put down the game. I see a hacker every two three days on the mod. The admins of the server always are on top of it insta-ban and server rollback so u keep your gear.

• Like 1

Your lucky you never ran into this in the mod it was far more rampant there .. havn't been thunderdomed in SA yet.  It's always an on-going battle to minimize any hacker presence, just be patient they will get bored and move on.

• Like 2

There is no doubt they get banned, My buddie decided he was going to buy some hacks. couple of patches ago he was bragging about how his hacks were undetected and still working.

Then BOOM battle eye mass ban making his game enert. He can't buy a CD key as that is not how this game works. It neutralised his steam game and forced him to create a new account and buy the game again. When I asked him if he learnt his lesson he said "yes"
Just remember the hackers as dumb as they are help fund the game when they get banned and start over LOL so there is a silver lining.

• Like 4

There will always be cheaters, no matter what.

Considering this was your first time seeing one in how many hours you have played? I dont think its much of an issue to worry about. I myself havent seen a hacker yet, but dont let one experience make u want to put down the game. I see a hacker every two three days on the mod. The admins of the server always are on top of it insta-ban and server rollback so u keep your gear.

48 total on standalone and multiples more on the mod, but that shouldn't matter how long I've played the game, especially if you haven't seen one ever.

Well, remember that when hackers get banned by battle eye and then by VAC, they just donated 30 dollars for the development. :) Even better when they buy again the game.

• Like 2

There is no doubt they get banned, My buddie decided he was going to buy some hacks. couple of patches ago he was bragging about how his hacks were undetected and still working.

Then BOOM battle eye mass ban making his game enert. He can't buy a CD key as that is not how this game works. It neutralised his steam game and forced him to create a new account and buy the game again. When I asked him if he learnt his lesson he said "yes"

Just remember the hackers as dumb as they are help fund the game when they get banned and start over LOL so there is a silver lining.

What...?  Who "buys" hacks?

Edited by Coldspark824

There is nothing gained by people hacking a game for an unfair advantage. In time the only thing you can hope for is a fix for the problem and the ones who ruined it for everyone else gets left behind. Not sure what the motivation is behind cheating everyone involved with nothing gained. Not like you can sell the shit u wall hacked on ebay

I can guarantee that it can't be stopped,
if it was possible then developers may 
Stop it in DayZ MOD.

The key would be stopping "commercial" hacks at their source. This would require a plane ticket and some help from a hacker to locate the individual.

What...?  Who "buys" hacks?

Scumbags and bored kids do.

I can guarantee that it can't be stopped,

if it was possible then developers may 

Stop it in DayZ MOD.

I believe you are wrong. They have changed the architecture to be more server sided, then it is in Arma 2 - 3.

So there should be noticeable difference in hacking in mod (which was piss easy) to hacking in DayZ SA.

Edited by Hombre

Haha releasing the netcode for SA by accident didnt really help.. like some1 already mentioned, when theres mp games there will be cheaters. Its up to the server admins mostly to keep their servers clean of cheaters.

Sigh... the one thing they had to get right... stop clients running scripts... and we still have this problem.

>.>

BTW if someone sees somehting like this, FRAPS it and post it, i'd like to see it with my own eyes.

Edited by Continuity

Something odd happened to my friends tonight while they were at the Riffy.  I was running from Balota to try and meet up with them and they had just killed some guy and were getting ready to loot his body when all of a sudden they were both being punched by something.  The guys body blinked and then disappeared before they could even loot all the while they were still being punched by an invisible person.  Could be lag, could be desync could be hacks.  Who knows but it was definitely odd

If it was invisible than is probably a lack of connection/lag, not an hack. This happens, unfortunately...even with zeds ;)

48 total on standalone and multiples more on the mod, but that shouldn't matter how long I've played the game, especially if you haven't seen one ever.

You said in ur original post this was the first hack you saw. Now you have seen 48 total?! Im stating the fact you shouldnt put down the game because of one hack in alpha.

Sigh... the one thing they had to get right... stop clients running scripts... and we still have this problem.

>.>

BTW if someone sees somehting like this, FRAPS it and post it, i'd like to see it with my own eyes.

Youtube it. Tons of Stand alone hacks on there. Including the teleportation ones.

What exactly is the point of seeing one guy hack and automatically presuming that the apocalypse is about to happen?

I've seen games being swallowed up by hackers litterally, this game isn't one of them.

• Like 1

You said in ur original post this was the first hack you saw. Now you have seen 48 total?! Im stating the fact you shouldnt put down the game because of one hack in alpha.

I now understand you mean hours played. My bad haha. But no i dont think it will be as prominent as in the mod. But yes there will always be hacks pretty much in any game.

i also experienced this and made a thread

DUDE WAS JUST STANDING 300M AWAY FROM ME, PUNCHING WILDLY WITH HIS FISTS IN THE AIR ---> 1 second later --> you are dead!