ALEXANDER10 (DayZ)

ID + Study body (POLL ADDED. PLEASE VOTE)

IDs?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. IDs?

2. 2. Optional or Mandatory?

Hello everyone. My name is Sebastian. Alexander in-game. First of all I apologize for my bad English. I've been playing DayZ (MOD and SA) from the beginning and also visiting/reading the forum for a while. This is my first thread. After my little presentation we get to the point.

Basically my idea is about the personal identifications and the option that allows to study body. I was thinking that maybe you could add IDs to the loot table that could be filled using a pen or automatic way when the character pick them up from the floor.

Based on a ID model of the Czech Republic and modifying it to achieve this:

Original:

52dxjA4.jpg

Edit:

7BiwsKw.jpg

It looks pretty rustic, sorry about that, but I have no ability to photoshop. Still think the idea is expressed and understood what I'm trying to show.

Let me explain better, this suggestion consists of two parts:

#1 ID

Some values will be automatically filled like sex (male or female), the place of birth (current life respawn), the ID number (randomly generated) and the date of issue and expiry date (eg 16/12/2013 - 16/12/2023 respectively or 12.16.2013 - 12.16.2023). Also the photo is automatically generated with the character's face when he collected the identification. It is clear that to be taking a picture in the apocalypse is highly unlikely.

But other data will be completed by the player; names (*) (eg [GIRI] ALEXANDER => [GIRI] is the clan and ALEXANDER is the name). Nationality could also be entered by players (eg Argentinian in my case).

*: Although this point can lead to complications if people use their real names, a quick fix would be to also these data is filled automatically using the name provided by the player. 

#2 Study Body

Assuming the option of studying body available again at some point my suggestion would be to use this option to receive information about the causes of death and not the player's name. Which in actual apocalypse may have enough sense especially if the person does not carry an ID. This will give direction and encourage the players to try to get the IDs, also it would add realism to the game and will give more "value" to life.

I imagine many situations and possible uses for these identifications. Tests life in a kidnapping. Guarantee in a hostage situation. Or just as a joke to your enemies / clan.

I think that's all I had to say. I hope I'm not forgetting anything. Hope you like this idea and of course I'm open to criticism and suggestions. Greetings.

Edited by ALEXANDER10
  • Like 8

I love this Idea.

Some extra info things could be 

Steam name is on the ID. (automatically)

A gesture could be added to hold up your ID and a player can read it while its held up.

The more dead bodies you check the more your ID gets blood smears on it.(but you can wash it)

The IDs work like a book with a next page on them so that you can collect IDs from dead players but they only use one slot.

great Idea loads of potential.

Thanks !

Edited by BL1P
  • Like 1

Why would anyone be carrying ID card with them? They would be nothing more then trophies for bandits and hunters. 

I love this Idea.

Some extra info things could be 

Steam name is on the ID. (automatically)

A gesture could be added to hold up your ID and a player can read it while its held up.

The more dead bodies you check the more your ID gets blood smears on it.(but you can wash it)

The IDs work like a book with a next page on them so that you can collect IDs from dead players but they only use one slot.

great Idea loads of potential.

Thanks !

How could I forget the steam id? Hahaha. Great suggestion.

Why would anyone be carrying ID card with them? They would be nothing more then trophies for bandits and hunters. 

You answered it yourself. And yet I do not see the downside. What you say as if the bandits were not part of the game. In fact, I play most of the time as a sniper for my team so I do not die very often, almost never, and killed many more bandits than rival squads/medics/friendly players/etc. Bandits are part of the game. Like it or not.

Edited by ALEXANDER10

I posted this idea about ID's a few days ago. Except yours has pictures which is the way I envisioned them.

and, a definite NO to having steam accounts on there. unless the player is willing. Imagine getting wrecked by some bandit constantly, and you manage to kill him, and you see his steam ID? nah.

All the information on the card should be optional and should not be able to be removed from the player.

I posted this idea about ID's a few days ago. Except yours has pictures which is the way I envisioned them.

and, a definite NO to having steam accounts on there. unless the player is willing. Imagine getting wrecked by some bandit constantly, and you manage to kill him, and you see his steam ID? nah.

All the information on the card should be optional and should not be able to be removed from the player.

You can remove steam friends if needed

And anyone can add people via the add from server function in steam

@bonsai: I honestly do not think anybody is interested in tracking you. Or find out your true identity.

In addition there is a magic word for this: Optional.

You answered it yourself. And yet I do not see the downside. What you say as if the bandits were not part of the game. In fact, I play most of the time as a sniper for my team so I do not die very often, almost never, and killed many more bandits than rival squads/medics/friendly players/etc. Bandits are part of the game. Like it or not.

Have to admire your ignorance (ignorance is bliss). There is no reason for anyone to carry ID card in their inventory

simply because it only benefits people that are out to kill you. Which is why any reasonable person would throw it away instantly.

I imagine you will now shout non-sense arguments that ID should be integrated to the character, which again makes no sense in apocalypse.

People should remain anonymous, so when if you meet the same people you met before. The interaction with them can be different.

Chatting in direct comms is still away to find peoples names out, but requires more risk then sniping.

What does your feats have to do with this conversation anyway? You aren't the only one that can play this game well.

Anyone could stay alive as sniper and never die if they wanted to, but i for one enjoy the risks of social interaction.

IDs only for Zombies...and only for some  randomns. In a wallet, together with totally useless cash, also useless creditcards, store-patron-cards and pre-apocalyptic photos with e.g. their wife and children.

Edited by LaughingJack
  • Like 2

Have to admire your ignorance (ignorance is bliss).

We are all ignorant but not in the same things.

There is no reason for anyone to carry ID card in their inventory simply because it only benefits people that are out to kill you. Which is why any reasonable person would throw it away instantly.

I'm not talking about profit, I do not even have mentioned the word. You want to talk about reason? Well, I think it would be the same reason that makes soldiers wear dogtags. The same reason that people are still buried under the worst conditions. Humanity.

I imagine you will now shout non-sense arguments that ID should be integrated to the character, which again makes no sense in apocalypse.

People should remain anonymous, so when if you meet the same people you met before. The interaction with them can be different.

Wrong again. I can say whatever but never talk nonsense, much less of an idea that I have to defend.

Do not understand how you come to the conclusion that should be attached to the character because I do not even insinuate, but still, good luck with your prestidigitation.

And I think if you read the OP you're going to realize that I wrote: "I was thinking That maybe You Could add IDs to the loot table that Could be filled using a pen or automatic way When the character pick them up from the floor."

Chatting in direct comms is still away to find peoples names out, but requires more risk then sniping.

So? ¿?

What does your feats have to do with this conversation anyway? You aren't the only one that can play this game well. Anyone could stay alive as sniper and never die if they wanted to, but i for one enjoy the risks of social interaction.

I was not talking or my accomplishments. or my exploits. I think you misunderstood the sentence. The point is that the number of bandits is higher compare to the number of "other" players (squads / medics / friendlys / lone wolves / etc). I hope now you understand. If it is not, please let me know.

IDs only for Zombies...and only for some  randomns. In a wallet, together with totally useless cash, also useless creditcards, store-patron-cards and pre-apocalyptic photos with e.g. their wife and children.

Good suggestion. It would be nice to see that the zombies were people before.

Edited by ALEXANDER10

If this happened in real life (some sort of disaster that depopulated a country) i personally would destroy my ID's straight away, all of them. The reason why is because I dislike having to be "regulated" in any way in real life, last thing i want to do is do it in a game. Screw I.Ds bad idea, as pointed out before, IDs, or ID tags or military tags or any sort of tag is going to be used as trophies.

In this game i wash up on shore, i could be an escaped con, i could be a mass murderer, i could be a hunter, banker, soldier, sailor, who knows.. its part of the point.. it doesn't mater what you were, now the shit has hit the fan, time to survive. Besides, I would dump it right away just to keep the slot/storage. its "my story" how i want to play it. to recap.. ID's BAD.

• Like 2

If this happened in real life (some sort of disaster that depopulated a country) i personally would destroy my ID's straight away, all of them. The reason why is because I dislike having to be "regulated" in any way in real life, last thing i want to do is do it in a game. Screw I.Ds bad idea, as pointed out before, IDs, or ID tags or military tags or any sort of tag is going to be used as trophies.

In this game i wash up on shore, i could be an escaped con, i could be a mass murderer, i could be a hunter, banker, soldier, sailor, who knows.. its part of the point.. it doesn't mater what you were, now the shit has hit the fan, time to survive. Besides, I would dump it right away just to keep the slot/storage. its "my story" how i want to play it. to recap.. ID's BAD.

Good point. But I think that should be looteables (optional) do not say that the characters MUST HAVE an ID.

My idea is that having an ID is a personal decision. As if this apocalypse really happen, some people will destroy their past. Others are instead embrace it, it's as simple as that. An option.

In fact I also enjoy a lot of anonymity that gives you the game.

Edited by ALEXANDER10

Don't see point of that idea, i would understand check nick of dead player but what for other useless info.

Dead body diseaper after 10 min... chance to find random dead body is very low. You can check only dead body which you killed or which die on your view.

I won't say its stupid idea but more like don't add anything useful to game.

They wouldn't. But as a mechanic for identifying other players after death, it could be an interesting addition to the game. The ID shows up the name the player has entered at the title screen, so there's no threats to personal identity/info, etc, etc, yada yada. I know that last wasn't one of your points, but it seemed like the right place to address it in any case.

As for them being trophies to bandits and the like... is that a bad thing? Personally, I'd like to see something along the lines of being able to identify a person if they've spoken in direct chat vocally near you and you've previously found and studied their body as a result of ID tagging. It's one of those small things that could make the game that little bit better in a few different ways, though of course there are going to be negatives as well.

• Like 1

Don't see point of that idea, i would understand check nick of dead player but what for other useless info.

Dead body diseaper after 10 min... chance to find random dead body is very low. You can check only dead body which you killed or which die on your view.

I won't say its stupid idea but more like don't add anything useful to game.

The dead bodies last 10 minutes, that's right. But it is also to increase the performance of servers, surely when development progress this change. And the other factors you mention too. Or not...

It's "realism" not useful. It is impossible to know the name of a person just by viewing or "studying" his dead body. That just does not happen. Unless that person has an ID.

It's all about choices and options. I'm not trying to impose anything. I am suggesting.

Edited by ALEXANDER10

Not keen on the ID idea, but would very much like the idea to see how a player died.

• Like 1

We are all ignorant but not in the same things.

You don't seem to comprehend the meaning of "ignorance is bliss".

I'm not talking about profit, I do not even have mentioned the word. You want to talk about reason? Well, I think it would be the same reason that makes soldiers wear dogtags. The same reason that people are still buried under the worst conditions. Humanity.

It's true you do not say profit anywhere, what of it? All i said was it benefits the bandits and you seem to miss understand this counter-point.

If society collapses (aka apocalypse), there is no reason to carry ID's around. Since there is no system to collect whom has fallen.

It would be the same as carrying paper money to buy stuff during apocalypse.

In terms of humanity, no one cares about their own plastic ID's, but what people care about are sentimental objects and photos of memories.

Wrong again. I can say whatever but never talk nonsense, much less of an idea that I have to defend.

Do not understand how you come to the conclusion that should be attached to the character because I do not even insinuate, but still, good luck with your prestidigitation.

And I think if you read the OP you're going to realize that I wrote: "I was thinking That maybe You Could add IDs to the loot table that Could be filled using a pen or automatic way When the character pick them up from the floor."

It's called preemptive strike. At somepoint people like you will say anything to throw fuel in to the fire, so im speeding things up.

For the sake of argument let's say you could write your information easily on already filled plastic ID card. Why would i loot it and write my name on it?

I could just write Zombie Jesus born year 0 BC. It would be nothing more then a joke item and if it has to be connected to your ingame name or steam name,

then its nothing but trophy item that mainly BENEFITS hostile players.

So? ¿?

Just saying why bother with ID's, when you can just ask the person to write on direct comm and it shows their ingame name.

I was not talking or my accomplishments. or my exploits. I think you misunderstood the sentence. The point is that the number of bandits is higher compare to the number of "other" players (squads / medics / friendlys / lone wolves / etc). I hope now you understand. If it is not, please let me know.

Then care to explain how you told about your pointless sniper experiences then? It had nothing to do with your point called "number of bandits is higher...", doesn't even indicate it.

If anything it proves my point. I said the ID cards only benefit bandits cause they are nothing more the trophies (so doesn't make sense for the victims to carry them) and your response

now is "there is more bandits then regular players", so even you agree they are nothing more then trophies then.

Then care to explain how you told about your pointless sniper experiences then? It had nothing to do with your point called "number of bandits is higher...", doesn't even indicate it.

If anything it proves my point. I said the ID cards only benefit bandits cause they are nothing more the trophies (so doesn't make sense for the victims to carry them) and your response

now is "there is more bandits then regular players", so even you agree they are nothing more then trophies then.

What's wrong with trophies? I like them. They are for winners.

I recall Rocket saying something in a stream to the tune of they were thinking about doing something like Wallets on characters with a bit of info on them. I do miss the study body mechanic.

What's wrong with trophies? I like them. They are for winners.

Think about it. 

Murdering and killing people for trophies isn't for winners, but its certainly is for psychopaths.

Think about it. 

Murdering and killing people for trophies isn't for winners, but its certainly is for psychopaths.

Psychopaths are also called sociopaths. And I believe in an apocalypse society does not exist therefore I see no downside to this condition. In fact we are talking about a game that gives you an extraordinary level of anonymity and gives you the opportunity to be whatever you want. So I do not see why judge someone if society does not exist as I said before.

And people kill at first sight with or without ID.

Psychopaths are also called sociopaths. And I believe in an apocalypse society does not exist therefore I see no downside to this condition. In fact we are talking about a game that gives you an extraordinary level of anonymity and gives you the opportunity to be whatever you want. So I do not see why judge someone if society does not exist as I said before.

And people kill at first sight with or without ID.

Was that synonym necessary? This isn't about psychopaths in apocalyptic world, but about player sitting on the chair behind the computer.

I think it's bad case of social experiment to encourage such behavior. People will still bandit for supplies, but its foolish to implement system

that will create ingame serial killers, that do it just for the sport of it.

As you said "society does not exist", so ID's are rendered obsolete. You can't have both extra ordinary level of anonymity and ID's

if your are forced to wear a label that says your name, it's pretty much rails against it.

And not all people kill on sight, i have footage and first hand experience of that. Most people are just foolish wearing full camouflage clothing,

other military clothing or masks, that labels them as bandits and get shot on sight.

Im going to end this conversation here, since you have really mixed views of your own suggestion that don't make any sense and pretty much rail against itself.

Looks like desperate level of trolling, which seems strange when you seem to want this implemented so badly.

Was that synonym necessary? This isn't about psychopaths in apocalyptic world, but about player sitting on the chair behind the computer.

I think it's bad case of social experiment to encourage such behavior. People will still bandit for supplies, but its foolish to implement system

that will create ingame serial killers, that do it just for the sport of it.

Was you who said psychopaths, not me.

As you said "society does not exist", so ID's are rendered obsolete. You can't have both extra ordinary level of anonymity and ID's

if your are forced to wear a label that says your name, it's pretty much rails against it.

You see? That's the problem. Apparently never understood that my idea is not planned as required. If not an option. A decision.

And not all people kill on sight, i have footage and first hand experience of that. Most people are just foolish wearing full camouflage clothing,

other military clothing or masks, that labels them as bandits and get shot on sight.

I do not think clothes have absolutely nothing to do. People just interact with the game the way they would do in real life I think.

Most people shoot for fear.

Im going to end this conversation here, since you have really mixed views of your own suggestion that don't make any sense and pretty much rail against itself.

I have nothing mixed. Do not worry. I know exactly what I want, what I say and what I do.

Looks like desperate level of trolling, which seems strange when you seem to want this implemented so badly.

It seems to me that you stayed with no arguments. You seem so strange that someone defend an idea?

If implemented or not, not up to me or you. Like I said just defend my ideals. Cya.

Edited by ALEXANDER10