JiJi (DayZ)

Blood Bag

If you collect blood from someone, you could not be sure about his blood type - unless you apply Blood Test Kit on him.
If you haven't yet a Blood Test Kit, the whole operation would be useless! Because currently* you cannot test blood type from Blood bags.

So, the first suggestion is to allow blood test from looted/found/owned Blood bags through Syringe.

AC29Zms.gif

*So far (version 0.35) :
Test blood from Syringe sample is possible
But Syringe cannot collect blood from Blood Bags

Alternative way, Blood Test Kit directly on Blood Bag (no syringe).

Let's assume I've got two blood bags and (in one way or the other) I've determined their type.

jwByadX.jpg

The one on the left is O- and the right is AB+

AELsEEd.gif    Few hours later...

My inventory is messy again because I've dropped/traded some stuff and finally switched the rest in a new backpack.
Anyway, there is still on the left my...err...

YHCcm6y.jpg

Hey!! Which of these blood bags is the O+ and which is AB+ ??

Now we have an overview of this issue, to keep inventory practical even if untidy and not spoil one or two rare Blood Test Kit, I suggest to use a Pen (to write) on Blood Bag.

P0HxMdr.gif

I would not like icon reminder for this, since inventory is supposed to only display factual information.
While those added by players could be wrong or intend to mislead.

ZUfIAmv.gif

An overlay texture with alpha channel (transparency) would do the job.
A quick glance at inventory could not show the mark, but most probably a closer look (in hands or inspect) would.

GbtVztZ.jpg

• Like 9

BRILLIANT!!!!!!

I would SOOOOOO play as a medic more often if the role could be fleshed out more. And this is one EXCELLENT first step that could be made in that direction!

I would also like to see medic tools: scalpel, tweezers, stitching thread/needle  (removal of bullets, stitching up wounds, etc.), which could be stored in a medical BAG (like the med kit, but bigger). I like to imagine the medical bag as having a large internal inventory space (16 or more slots), while taking up 2 full rows of backpack space (2X5?). The tradeoff being, of course, that only medical items could be stored in it, and that its large internal space is offset by taking up a lot of space in the backpack, which would discourage players that are not dedicated medics to avoid it in preference for the smaller med kits.

OP, if you like that suggestion, why not add it to your OP. I would REALLY like to see the medical aspect of the game expanded, and just your one suggestion caused my brain to flood with ideas, this being one of the more practical ones....

ALSO: blood test kits need to be more common, or reusable (maybe cleaned with bleach or tincture to enable reuse?)

Edited by Crazykage
  • Like 1

Oh, my bad :|

Just found original topic

@admin , feel free to merge & delete this topic

Edited by JiJi

Oh, my bad :|

Just found original topic

@admin , feel free to merge & delete this topic

To be perfectly honest, its not the exact same 2 things suggested :)

The other topic is only suggesting being able to write on the BB, but you are suggesting more then this mate.

You want to be able to test blood in the BB, and thats a great idea.'

+1 from here :)

• Like 1

(SNIP) Why shouldn't we know our blood type from the start? There are multiple ways to find out: at birth, on medical exam, blood donations, diseases test, ... This is mainly true for rich countries, don't know the situation for chernarussains though ^^'

Anyways, knowing your blood type will make the process so much more easier especially if it's gonna get harder with keeping blood cool. Blood tests will not be half as used since it will only be useful for unconscious players since you can't ask them their bood type.

One problem will be the suicide issues: bandits want to have AB- (and any sane person as well ^^') while medics want to have O+

Of course, since suicide an be done for plenty of other cheaty means, having a respawn delay of 3 to 5 minutes will certainly discourage anyone from killing themselves for stupid reasons.

Nice idea m8! Have my beans :beans: