DayzForumer

Overdose from Saline Bags

One saline bag every (suggest time) minute(s)/hour(s). Wouldn't this be a good thing instead of being to be able to abuse saline bags to get full blood? Blood Bags can be used how much you want, for obvious reasons. Discuss.

Well abusing saline bags doesn't really have any effect since blood isn't your health. Even if you have full blood (from saline bags and/or blood bags), but you are low on health you'll die pretty easily.

i never figured out how to use a saline bag on myself

You can't. You need an other player to apply it to you.

• Like 1

i never figured out how to use a saline bag on myself

Because you can't.

The ability to overdose on basically water mixed with electrolytes makes very little sense to me.

^

The ability to overdose on basically water mixed with electrolytes makes very little sense to me.

It is possible to die from over hydration. But you have to drink like 20L an hour or more and to not have any salt intake in the mean time.

*facepalm*

Please do not troll around the forums. 

As for people whom are concerned about the saline bags. They do not replenish players that well.

Its mainly for first aid purposes to recover badly wounded unconscious players, its always

easier to recover with food and water.

Its very possible mate.

Drink to much water and your blood get "watery", which then results in disyness and potential death.

Its an actual condition know as Water Intoxication, and yes its not that common, but if you force several liters of saline into your blood, it will start to become more water then actual blood, and you can potentially die.

People have actually died from this.

So i say yes, lets do it :)

EDIT:

Just wanted to add, the saline bag is basicly water and salt.

Not much else really.

Edited by Byrgesen

I understand his point like : while very low blood level (unconscious state) someone replace all your lost blood by filling you with...water (physiological).

It's an "abuse" as he wrote (not overdose of course).

Saline is okay to top up some blood loss but that's more of a blood pressure thing. It adds volume that your heart can pump around your body but doesn't perform the function of blood. Ideally players should prefer to use blood whenever they can and use saline when they simply don't have the right blood type on hand, or as a supplement.

• Like 1

Blood transports oxygen through the body for the organs. saline wont do that ;) its only working as a replacement to keep the blood pressure up so the transport system works as it should. i have to admit i have no idea what would happen if you have a huge blood loss like 2L or more and replaces those with saline... anyone with a bit more medical knowledge arround here?

but anyway, my guess is . the current implemented system isnt final, i mean you could loose all your blood and still wont die even if you replace it with saline completly.

i hope they add a more realistic system in the future like:

loose up to 1 - 1.5l -> no real affects (filling a blood bag)

more than 1,5l -> thurst, dizzy, panic -> health will slowly go down

more than 2l -> dizzy (vomiting, which would dehydrate you even more), unable to run  -> health will go down rapidly

more than 2,5l -> unconscious, needs treatment (saline, blood) really bad -> health will go down rapidly

more than 3l ---> DEAD

You can't die from replacing blood with saline fluid?

I'm not a medical expert but come on...

You can, saline is only to keep blood pressure, Sonic-NKT explained it very well.

I don't see reason to add delay for using saline. In real there less blood mean less blood pressure(when lost a lot blood). Medic using saline bags without any delay till pressure don't back to some value. Furthermore here saline bag don't give a lot blood, if i good remeber its was 10%.

Edited by TokumeiSennin