Sign in to follow this  
Frough

What is 5 Meters?

So, the recent DayZ Standalone patch notes told us that a fall from about 5m would provide broken limbs dependent on gear and anything greater than 15m would be death.  How do we tell distance in this game?  Can anyone provide screen shots of what might count as 5m as opposed to 15m?  If I fall down the steps from inside a barn, is that 5m?  What is the mini roof of a firehouse considered?

player height is 1.8m, that help you get an idea? Or think yards, very close to meters.

Glitched throught first floor wall on office building and survived, didyn't boke legs either, only ruined my pants and everything inside.

Don't keep valuable items in pants, they gonna be destroyed first.

• Like 1

5 meters is very approximately 16 feet, so about a story and a half-ish. 15 meter is approximately 49 feet. Falling off the second story of a building may break your bones. Jumping from the roof will kill you.

• Like 2

Falling off one of these is about 5m:

315d3c8.jpg?1

From the cabin floor to the ground is about 11m:

2HcBbrB.jpg?1

• Like 2

Falling off one of these is about 5m:

315d3c8.jpg?1

From the cabin floor to the ground is about 11m:

2HcBbrB.jpg?1

Seems accurate as far as fall damage goes IMHO. Maybe not instant death off the crane, but shortly after with no immediate medical attention.

Seems accurate as far as fall damage goes IMHO. Maybe not instant death off the crane, but shortly after with no immediate medical attention.

Well from 11 meters you will break you legs probably start bleeding and go unconscious.  So unless you have someone waiting for you when you land you probably will die.

It should take into account the surface...  fall on water, okay, fall on grass, so-so, fall on concrete, splat.

When I was 11 I fell face first out of a tree from about 15-20 ft.. (5-7 meters).

I broke both of my arms, dislocated both of my wrists, broke my tooth, my nose, and put my bottom teeth through my lip.

I survived... But it took me 6+ months to recover.. Oh, and I was 11 years old and much smaller/lighter than I am now.

That said, people have been known to fall from much greater heights and survive relatively unharmed.

Edited by Etherimp

So, the recent DayZ Standalone patch notes told us that a fall from about 5m would provide broken limbs dependent on gear and anything greater than 15m would be death.  How do we tell distance in this game?  Can anyone provide screen shots of what might count as 5m as opposed to 15m?  If I fall down the steps from inside a barn, is that 5m?  What is the mini roof of a firehouse considered?

5 metres is 16.4 feet. Math is your friend.