Sign in to follow this  
dgeesio

Play dead

any chance this could be added?

you know bandits are close or armed people so you lie on floor in a dead postion this might fool people and you survive. could be uselfull.

quite a few people have suggested this and could help out.

• Like 13

A play dead feature would be interesting as hell, so many "what ifs" when you see a body haha

That would be awesome!

But i doubt it would be incredibly effective with the current visible breath system

It would just mean i pop every body a see in the head before actualy looting them :P

• Like 1

Yeh, would be awsome.
We would have to wait for the ragdoll implementation though, before they will do anything like this really. (im assuming)

It would deffinatly force other players to secure "corpses" alot more, then we do atm.
The only thing i can see getting in the way of this, is making some kind of zombie mechanic, for when you "play dead".

Obviously this should not make you invisible to them, but it should make you less visible, no doubt.
Question is, is this something they want to spend resources on and how many resources would it actually require?

hm also everytime i see a body i shoot him in the head. he could only unconscious. so it´s dangerous to play dead ;) you would play with your live :D

sure you could pop a bullet in "dead"players everytime, just to bewray your position to others...

Like someone said already, this would be rendered useless almost as soon as it comes out. Everybody is going to double tap a body just in case (I know I do all the time, even after I hit a guy with an ax on the back). It could work if you stumble upon someone who's just starting to play. If I learned something from people with this game is that you can't trust anyone, not even your friend's marksman skills.

You have my beans! Lots of plays would come out of this.

For it to be realistic, there would have to be very obvious signs the player is alive, and then, players would learn to instantly spot the difference. Could be cool though.

all that would be needed is so the player goes into dead stance. then there wouldnt be any noticable difference.,

It could be fun to watch somebody play bait until somebody else spoils all the fun by shooting the body from far away. Much like scaring away doves from a park kids are having fun feeding. Something like "Ok kids, fun's over, nothing to see here, move along, move along!".

I like this idea.. but yeah, you would have to "hide the breath" somehow.. maybe a feature of being "dead"?  make people use up their ammo.. have bodies naturally looking like dead players lying around heavy traveled areas at the same time.. >< hahahahah fun.

Then you should be able to feel the pulse from the neck. A way to confirm someone's dead and not unconscious/faking.

Edited by Sutinen

any chance this could be added?

you know bandits are close or armed people so you lie on floor in a dead postion this might fool people and you survive. could be uselfull.

quite a few people have suggested this and could help out.

I'd also like to see.. 'walk like a zoombie'.

From a distance, with no pack or weapon this could be a neat trick too.  Sneak into a militay base when you know bandits are over looking the area.

Go in as a Zed.. come out like Rambo :P

Edited by MadTommy

In a world where there are zombies, always double-tap. 

Finally! Someone who speaks sense. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

If they added this they would also have to allow dead people to play alive. It's only fair. =P

Also a great way to add some tension to any dead body looting situation, especially if the zeds ever evolve out of useless retards mode. You might only have two rounds left and there might be 15 zeds about so you might have to get close without spending those rounds and hope that mofo is truly dead.

really good idea, i would like to see this in the game.