tailgaterz69

I Died upon logging in, and now it won't let me respawn :(

Hey guys so I jumped into the water and logged out... upon logging back in, my guy just keeps dieing and it won't let me respawn.

I went online for a fix, and apparently I need to log into the server i died in, so I've been trying that, but to no luck.

I'm guessing I can't play DayZ for a long time now, until this is fixed or I find that same server.

It's just hard with the timers now.

Edited by tailgaterz69

Tip # 1: Always find a flat surface before logging out. :D

Edited by Geckofrog7

go into recent games dude and join the one you think it is

or you can go and change your character setting as in apperance an maybe it will give a new spawn

go into recent games dude and join the one you think it is

or you can go and change your character setting as in apperance an maybe it will give a new spawn

I've tried both.. so far I can play on hardcore servers so I may just do that (but what is hatrdcore server?)

Will I lose my character all the time on a hardcore server? I dont get it, the only difference I see is hardcore is only 1st person view

Best thing you can do is keep trying, try different servers but it will work eventually.

Hey guys so I jumped into the water and logged out... upon logging back in, my guy just keeps dieing and it won't let me respawn.

I went online for a fix, and apparently I need to log into the server i died in, so I've been trying that, but to no luck.

I'm guessing I can't play DayZ for a long time now, until this is fixed or I find that same server.

It's just hard with the timers now.

Same for me! Everytime I switch to a diffrent server, a "You are unconscious" or "You are dead" message popup. After hitting the respawn button and waiting for 30 sec, all the same "You are dead"

Only one server seems to work properly, but I won't to play on it, because it feels a bit laggy right now.

Tip # 1: Always find a flat surface before logging out. :D

I been doing this right away when I got DayZ SA. As wonky surfaces in alpha are bad lol! Also another little tip do not log off in Buildings or Roofs.

Edited by w00kie

I've tried both.. so far I can play on hardcore servers so I may just do that (but what is hatrdcore server?)

Will I lose my character all the time on a hardcore server? I dont get it, the only difference I see is hardcore is only 1st person view

You don't lose your charakter more or less often as you do on regular servers.

The only difference by now is that 3rd-Person-View is forbidden and removed on hardcore servers.

There may be some more differences in the future between regular and hardcore, but for now it is only the view.

And before you ask: If you don't like the head bobing in first person view, you can lower it or turn it off in the settings under the option "head bob". :)

You don't lose your charakter more or less often as you do on regular servers.

The only difference by now is that 3rd-Person-View is forbidden and removed on hardcore servers.

There may be some more differences in the future between regular and hardcore, but for now it is only the view.

And before you ask: If you don't like the head bobing in first person view, you can lower it or turn it off in the settings under the option "head bob". :)

OKAY Thanks I may just play Hardcore mode! It looks fun and more realistic, thanks for answering my question

So far, I've tried the following:

1) First off I will never log out in the water again while swimming, I will be on a flat surface

2) I tried to log into the same server I died in, but my history log is huge and I've tried 8 -10 servers so far (I've recorded which servers don'r work for me)

3) I've tried to nook for servers called "Character Reset" or "Experimental" however it doesn't solve the issue on normal servers

4) I've tried changing both my DayZ alias and steam name, doesn't do anything

5) I've tried going on a server and waiting for it to restart, not sure what happened but it didn't work

6) I've search the internet and other forums on this issue, and so far no solution has worked for me

the only thing I haven't tried was:

a) Buy DayZ again

b) Contact Rocket

c) Quit

Okay easy fix. My documents , dayz folder an delete the account folder. Viola new account when u go in :)

Okay easy fix. My documents , dayz folder an delete the account folder. Viola new account when u go in :)

I've heard this does not work, are you sure? I can try this... but I have my doubts...

Well a clan member of mine had a similar problem. He did it an it worked for him. It's up to you! Everyone situation is alittle different

OKAY Thanks I may just play Hardcore mode! It looks fun and more realistic, thanks for answering my question

You're welcome!

Try what EagleTalon told you, can't get much worse.

If it doesn't help, maybe report it on the bug tracker?

SOLUTION:

use the filter function to find a server with RESET or DELETE in the name. 

join any normal other server and you can respawn again.

I was struggling with this bug weeks ago, it is in the stable version, many players already know about it. Some have even hosted reset+kick servers so people can fix the bug and get autokicked after they get fixed, to keep space for new players in need.

Some people have also reported looking at the server version and joining one which has a different one from before. If a reset or delete server does not work, try that :)

Hope this helps you, once I fixed it, it never happened again.

[THC] Grinder

Edited by THC Grinder