Sign in to follow this  
maxotaur

Great Idea i think

We all know there is a train track by the coastal regions and if the devs could add in a tram of sorts which held about 6-10 people i guess would really keep players satisfied over having to run alot, if you kept 1 per map then there would be a real sense of teamwork to get to were people want to go and players can essentially decide where and when to get off, it might seem like a very problematic thing like "who drives? how would it work?" but it's simple

Tool box keeps the tram in shape, there are large batteries that power it and there is a lever that moves the cart to the nearest town and stops moving when you pull it again, and you can only pull it once every minute. (lets players on and off) There is no way to reverse the tram until you get to a town as this restricts the ability of a player trolling other players by making it go back and forth. This would really be a good means of transport and you could even make it so players can only be seated and cannot fire from it making PVP only be involved over taking it as their own rather than camping in it and firing from it being an unfair advantage.

what do you think of this as a way to hold over players for a bit until vehicles come?

Was suggested.

I like the idea. 1 per server.

This was suggested? wow that's amazing lol.

Yeah I always thought itwould be a cool thing to have because you can't hide it and everyone can use it. It would also be a hot spot for some fun PvP.

I don't like the tram idea, but i'd like to see on it that cart, bogie, with the iron bar and that 2 people have to let it go up and down to make it move, it'll help a lot to travel faster and also it's not hard to let it work

I don't like the tram idea, but i'd like to see on it that cart, bogie, with the iron bar and that 2 people have to let it go up and down to make it move, it'll help a lot to travel faster and also it's not hard to let it work

And bambies tied down to rails.

• Like 4

And bambies tied down to rails.

Ahahahahaha yes that would be a great use of rope + rails :D

Draisine-201100284357.jpg

such a thing u mean right? plz nothing with fuel...

Exactly something like this, that's perfect. This would be great, it would add another thing it's worth to fight for, server population would have other places to explore and to travel to !! I think that this kind of thing shouldn't be too hard to be done by the devs, also it's a mechanic "vehicle" that suits just for 2 or maybe 3 players, i'd suggest to add 2 of this for all the map, it'll be great !! 

I hope devs seriously read and consider this as a possible feature in the future !! =)

I would love a train, I would love being able to repair the current disabled Train. I would love to be able to repair the current train then interlink the carriages and pickup people as the open ones lets you in them. 

But...... I think a steam train would be possibly better as what do you have to do.... put wood and coal in it, start a fire, the boiler does the rest for you then hey, insta train....

I would love a train, I would love being able to repair the current disabled Train. I would love to be able to repair the current train then interlink the carriages and pickup people as the open ones lets you in them. 

But...... I think a steam train would be possibly better as what do you have to do.... put wood and coal in it, start a fire, the boiler does the rest for you then hey, insta train....

Ok but, talking for real, you should be a mechanic or a machinist to let a train work, it's not something that everyone knows how to handle with, also it'll be too hard to fix an eletric train and there aren't steam trains anymore cuz hey, we're in the 2014 !! Also don't forget this is a survival simulator, so there can't be anything too complicated, we're just lucky survivors after all.

Sweet, where would be the ideal place for me to camp the railway tracks?

Sweet, where would be the ideal place for me to camp the railway tracks?

Everywhere near rails. I'm serious.

PS.

Maybe near spawn points, where geared guys  would try to pick up their fallen teammates with tram.

Edited by Frosti

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198102800430/screenshots/

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=226043278

am i the only one who has found the train? Its north of Gvzondo i think. Found it when i got lost because of a bad compass.

But what this train use as a fuel? Would it be operational during zombie apoalypse?

Diesel. It is a old diesel freighter train. So im guessing there would only be a few Diesel tanks around the world along the tracks and it would use and take a insane amount of fuel. Would it be operational? hmmm... well seeing it had fuel and oil yes. Diesel engines dont use electricity to spark the fuel but instead the smash the fuel so tight that it implodes.

Edit: This looks to be the train in game already: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PKP_class_SM48

Edited by DURRHUNTER

Any update for the cart on the rail ?? No train just the cart !!

Edited by Tulk4s

"Draisine" is the work you are looking for.

I would love to see those in the game, there couldbe one on each server. So it's location would depend on where the last player left it.