jaggardos

Clothing Pockets (Separate the inventory slots!)

Perfect idea. Would be even better if we had this and could rotate items.

Also, we need to have to option to left click and select a box and drag everything to a certain pocket/bag.

• Like 3

Perfect idea. Would be even better if we had this and could rotate items.

Also, we need to have to option to left click and select a box and drag everything to a certain pocket/bag.

tumblr_lzwuwvYhI31r4mv5l.gif

• Like 1

More than a few people have been bringing up different ideas on inventory space and management, but this is one of the more clear ones I've seen due to the time you put into the graphic - well done.  Not sure how well the idea will go over, seems 60/40 so far in this thread.  Personally of all the systems I've seen I think this one might work the best with what we have in the game already - it would not take a huge amount of work from the Devs to at least try it on the experimental servers, unlike some of the other ideas I've seen which could involve complete reworks.

How are you gonna tuck a pistol between your pants?

Nice idea but makes things too complex and limiting, so no.

Edited by myshl0ng

Love this idea. Would add a lot of realism to Dayz. No more sticking medical kits in my pants

this is something that should definately be in the game, for clothing and bags, even as far as half size slots for back pockets of jeans, that would only fit small items in them, painkillers, can opener, etc,

This would only add unecessary frustration, so I say no.

Lots of things in DayZ add frustration. The lack of loot, the zombies, the bandits. Grow a pair.

This is a realistic addition, and a step towards players not being able to carry enough loot for an army on their persons.

• Like 1

If we get this I would like to see better working of some of the things in inventories.

Knifes should be able to fit in pockets, maybe pants should get a magical ability that lets you slip larger pistols than 1x1 pistols and knives into pockets, but you should be able to see them hanging out on your character.

On of the best topic about space slots, you have my beans  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:

I thought this was a bit obvious, so did a quick search, but it seems nobody has posted something like this, correct me if I'm wrong.

I suggested something like this particularly for vests (also with pretty pictures) - in the thread on inventory squares in my signature - but you've given it a very thorough and considered treatment. Well done - beans!

Edited by Roshi

I had another idea based on the images in your original post:

- to access different 'containers' in your inventory you need to rotate the character in the inventory screen. As shown in your images if you rotate your character to see the back then you're backpack and shouldered weapons are shown in the right side window. If you rotate the characters to face the front - your vest pockets etc are shown. Might save ask the scrolling etc that goes on with current inventory management.

Item sizes should be fixed before worrying about slots in clothing. If you seperate the slots then u couldnt even hold a deringer in pocket. Not to mention all the things you could hold but cant already. Magazines is a good example u shoupd be able to carry in pocket of any pants or jacket no problem would just stick out. Space in clothing is fine

Yeah a lot of people had this idea before (even game designers) but they ditched it for being too much of a mess.

Indeed. I am not sure what the devs are planing, but the top UI initial sketch didn't impressed me at all.