jaggardos

Clothing Pockets (Separate the inventory slots!)

I have been thinking about this idea myself. have these beans!

• Like 4

You beat me to it. I thought of it the other day and even my girlfriend thought it was funny to be able to place an ammo box or any 4 slot item on the jacket/trousers/vest. I think that this is a great idea for a game that aims to be as painfully realistic as it can be. I think the hardcore brigade is going to love this. You got my beans.

• Like 2

i always thought the 4 slots in the jeans was for 4 pockets

but yeah it does make sense, but i think it wouldnt be too practical, especially with some items fitting in slots horizontally and a few vertically.  it would make the inventory system unnecessarily complex, and people would debate stuff like certain items being sized 2 big/small compared to other items, like a water bottle taking up the same room as 2 pens, and so on. i mean you can already store a kitchen knife in your jeans pocket and run around, which you wouldnt do in real life.  but if the slots are just slots it could be like the picture above, where the weapon is stored in the pants, rather than in pockets, so it kinda works as a generalization 

personally though i would like to see it implemented into hardcore servers at least

I didn't think I was the only one to have thought of it xD

Monolith - Yeah I agree about the complication of items etc, they would have to set up the ability to be able to turn items like water bottles or knives around, and maybe have knife sheaths that stop the knife from stabbing you if you run around with it in your pocket or something

• Like 1

There shouldn't be any problem with the horizontally placed items. Jaggardos, make this update on your main post: slots don't need to be separated at all (I love it, but it's going too far), torso slots only fit 1 slot items, trousers and vests fit up to 2 item slots whatever the orientation of those items are (come on, in real life you rotate items to fit your pockets, even if they usually rest horizontally on a table), backpack can store any sized item. It's not so realistic, but it's much fair than the current system. In any case the slot grid stays as one piece like it is now (let's not complicate more with asking to be able to rotate items like if we were playing tetris).

This idea seems somehow interesting. However separating slots in clothing is slightly too much I guess. What I would do instead, is making a number of hotbar slots dependent of your clothing. Say, with trousers you get in the beginning, you get only 2 slots, and then better trousers/jackets/vests would grant you +1 or +2 slots. Let's say that best clothing would give as much as 5 slots and rest would depend on your backpack. What do you think about that?

This man had a good idea...

What about something like this?

ovbFdp0.png

Edited by Martmital
  • Like 4

Separating the slots is way too complex. Limiting the size of items you can fit on each clothing type should be enough.

in fact, once the images were shown, I kinda liked he idea even more. But how about adding this for hardcore servers and let regulars have some casual gameplay?

• Like 1

Nah, inventory feels good to me. Is a game, so we do not need THAT much realism

in fact, once the images were shown, I kinda liked he idea even more. But how about adding this for hardcore servers and let regulars have some casual gameplay?

Casual gaming? How dare you?!?! You will burn in the hardcore fire. Now really, hardcore gamers seem to be really touchy on this forum. Don't mention "casual" or the'll all jump in the bandwagon here.

• Like 1

you shouldnt be able to fit a 4 slot pistol into 2 (2x1) slim vest pockets.  Makes no sense.

OP gets beans, even though the idea has been posted before. 

Edited by UnarmedCiv

you shouldnt be able to fit a 4 slot pistol into 2 (2x1) slim vest pockets.  Makes no sense.

OP gets beans, even though the idea has been posted before. 

I could duck tape 5 or more items/ pistols or sidearms to various spots on my body no cloths required. Horizontal slot items would be ruined by this idea so I will have to decline on its legitimacy for being a good feature given the current loot table and possible future items. With this idea essentially any above 2 slot items is made useless or forced into the bag when they very well could be held by other parts of clothing.

Edited by Canned Muffins

A pistol shouldn't take 4 slots in the first place. A normal sized .45 pistol could very well fit on a jacket side pocket. If you read all the thread you may notice a post from myself where I say the slots should be kept together but have different size rules, like fitting only 1 slot items o 2 slot items. You have your point with duck taping things to your body though, but that doesn't invalidate the fact that you can't combine individual pockets in real life to fit an object with the equivalent volume of several pockets added together.

• Like 1

Well,

Professional backpacks are mostly labels by how many liters of storage they have.

And how much you can carry is depends on body condition.

So IMO:

Clothing and bags should have slots per pocket with indication of how much liters each pocket can have.

Items should have labeled how big they are (in liters), and how much they weight.

If you are healthy you can carry more in weight, if not you you carry less in weight. (This also can be used to generate a total weight which can be used to calculate how fast you can run depending on your weight, how high you can fall from and if you can swim or not.)

Note: OP has my beans for bringing up this.

Edited by HellGuy