stationmax

Detailed Report - Bigs fps drops, Extreme lag, Game Crash (After 0.34.115106 Update)

Ok after some testing there is a detailed report that i made with all things related to the issue. If you dont like it or you dont trust this i dont care i just only want to help people.

If you are searching for the fix of this issue see at the end of this message.

ORIGINAL REPORT (Vote up please) : 0008308: Bigs fps drops, Extreme lag, Game Crash (After 0.34.115106 Update) - DayZ Feedback Tracker

- Problem Full Description:

Both (0.34.115106 Stable Branch) and (0.34.115106 Unstable Branch Experimental)

"Apparently" for no reason after 10-20 minutes of normal gameplay the game starts to enter into a state of decline in terms of performance, initially due to a drop of framerate per seconds (graphics performance). But in the meantime that performance declines with the passing of time you may notice that the frames value not always coincide with the observed ingame-lag. For example 60-70 fps and the game still presents clear visual interruptions.

This means that the performance issue isnt related with the player machine(pc) performance.

To confirm this i can say that it is impossible that a so extreme drop of FPS can affect players that before the patch had good graphics performances (like me).

In the end, the lag becomes so hard that the game crashes and you are forced to terminate it manually, sometimes it stops working itselfs.

When the player rejoin any server the whole process restart from the beginning of this description.

- How To Reproduce The Issue:

There is no exact way to reproduce it because the bug does not happen by chance, but is connected to an equipped item or to the character ironically as if it were infected. So if "you have it" the the whole issue start (see description) instead if you dont have it, nothing will happens...

- Advanced and Very Important Information:

THE ISSUE IS NOT PC PERFORMANCE RELTATED. (But better machine support major stress)

THE ISSUE IS NOT RAIN/WEATHER RELATED. (The weather may low your fps a little but have nothing to do with this issue)

So afterall i can say that this bug is related with the last (0.34.115106) update and is a CLIENT-SIDE issue or better to say: only happens to some players.

If a player "infected" with the bug is located in the geographical vicinity (ingame map) of others "non infected" players, causes them the same symptoms: huge fps drops lag and game freezes and crashes.

So the BUG can be transmitted if the players are on the same server, and if within a certain range, "which i think is the range that load/unload the 3d model of characters".

Another important observation is that the "non infected player" exposed to a "player infected by the bug" does not maintains the issue if the "original infected player" leaves the server or the load/unload range.

- How to fix this issue:

My final advice FOR DEVS (2 choice):

A ) Avoid the bug

- Return the "stable branch" to the previous stable version.
- Maintain the unstable branch for further testing on the current version.

B ) Potential Bug solution:

- General cleaning of the database by deleting all the character data resulting in a deletions of all "infected" subjects/items.
- Review the patch code.

My final advice FOR PLAYERS (2 possibilities):

A ) Drop on the floor all items with flickering, white or other strange textures then go away from that items or change server, better if you drop that items on a dead body then hide it (for preventing that other player pick up bugged items).

B ) If you are not having any flickering or bugged item in your inventory and you still have this issue its because some other player with these bugged items or an bugged item itself are in your vicinity like i said before. In this case you may change server or talk to this player and tell him to do the step A).

I hope this has been helpful.

Best Regards, StationMax

Edited by StationMax
  • Like 4

Most Flickering Items:

These are the most flickering items that you must chek.. but we dont know for sure so if you can, inspect all your items.

- Baked Beans

- Tuna

- Canned Spaghetti

- Canned Sardines

- Spray Paint (Green/Black)

- Pipsi , Rasputin, Loca Cola, Spite

- M4: Handguard, Stock, Suppressor

- Small Protector Case

Edited by StationMax
  • Like 1

I had 9 tin of baked beans two protector cases and a m4 painted stock having all this  stood me dead in the water as soon as i joined any serve, butr it was very hard to have time to get rid of the infected items because i lagged and froze that quickly after joining

now things are better

It's true that even with high fps the game is now insanely choppy and stuttering since patch.

I use a fps counter when playing and have never gone down to complete freeze but any where near towns is very very choppy even though my fps shows 30 it feels like 5.

I do have stuff that flicker like m4 parts but my hardcore character has only mosin and sks and no flickering items yet i get the same insane stutter.

good report, and good follow up of the affected parts

i went on last night and started dropping flickering things, my problem was that it took so long to see flickers that i would have to drop stuff and exit the server because i was complete frozen, which resulted in me being timed out for server hopping.

i think my assault vest was glitched too, and my med-pack, though it was hard to tell which items it was. maybe a pistol clip aswell but it was in the vest so again hard to tell.  think im just gonna wait for a new patch with the issue fixed before i play again,  as i lost quite abit of stuff already.  2nd time ever owning an m4 in SA, even though it had no ammo, but now looks silly (and i presume unusable) without the buttstock

good report, and good follow up of the affected parts

i went on last night and started dropping flickering things, my problem was that it took so long to see flickers that i would have to drop stuff and exit the server because i was complete frozen, which resulted in me being timed out for server hopping.

i think my assault vest was glitched too, and my med-pack, though it was hard to tell which items it was. maybe a pistol clip aswell but it was in the vest so again hard to tell.  think im just gonna wait for a new patch with the issue fixed before i play again,  as i lost quite abit of stuff already.  2nd time ever owning an m4 in SA, even though it had no ammo, but now looks silly (and i presume unusable) without the buttstock

you can use the m4 without the butstock

my assault vest was flickering and my pistol clip on light but i seem to be able to move ok  with those things up to now but not played for any length of time , like you a will not play with my regular guy  till patch because a have lost a fair amount already

You can bet they reset the avatars in patch siggggghhhhh