Sign in to follow this  
Nurrvillian

Harvest Sticks

I think that adding the ability to harvest sticks from small trees that you have chopped down with an ax or hatchet would add to the realism effect of the game, You could use the collected sticks as kindling for firewood or splints i spent 4 hours crawling around the other day with broken legs after being shot at an airfield, I was fortunate enough to come across 3 random players all at different times who spent the next 45 mins helping me find sticks to splint myself. 2 of these players had an ax that they had looted and could have gone over the first hill cut down a small tree (sapling size) and brought me back the sticks.

I think this would be a great feature as in real life in that situation after 4 hours i would have just a bout used a sharp rock to try to cut down a tree and splint my legs even if unsuccessful these are the things that you could do in a real survival situation and it would be a great addition to the game.

• Like 12

I was just thinking this.

I haven't seen any loose sticks for ages and it seems obvious that your should be able to make them from trees using an axe or hacksaw so I support your suggestion.

Wooden sticks should randomly spawn in forests. Would be easier to program for the dev atm and would also add a little bit of realism.

You should also be able to harvest stones from the big rocks.

• Like 1

Damn right OP.

A few days ago, a friend of mine got his legs broken. We didn't have any morphine and there were no hospitals nearby (we were in the middle of some forest). It was kind ridiculous when I said "OK, you just wait here while I go to the closest village to try and find some wood sticks". We were in a forest surrounded by a lot of trees...

Edit: I think you don't even need an axe to break some sticks out of a tree...

Edited by WARPIG_

Yes!

Now that getting shot in the leg will cause it to brake, it is crucial that we can harvest sticks from tress.

This is a must have improvement!

Maybe pruning shears could be an item to use....but honestly you should be able to break off some sticks with your hands.

Edited by TEST_SUBJECT_83

100 % logic and a good idea! :beans:

yesterday i spend 3 hours to find a damn stick because my comrade get shot in the leg... :(

one item less for lootspawn - more space for other items. this sticks should really only be craftable from trees or big bushes.

Wooden sticks should randomly spawn in forests. Would be easier to program for the dev atm and would also add a little bit of realism.

This.

I think that adding the ability to harvest sticks from small trees that you have chopped down with an ax or hatchet would add to the realism effect of the game, You could use the collected sticks as kindling for firewood or splints i spent 4 hours crawling around the other day with broken legs after being shot at an airfield, I was fortunate enough to come across 3 random players all at different times who spent the next 45 mins helping me find sticks to splint myself. 2 of these players had an ax that they had looted and could have gone over the first hill cut down a small tree (sapling size) and brought me back the sticks.

I think this would be a great feature as in real life in that situation after 4 hours i would have just a bout used a sharp rock to try to cut down a tree and splint my legs even if unsuccessful these are the things that you could do in a real survival situation and it would be a great addition to the game.

Started mostly the same thread a yesterday. I support this.

I got my legs broken in Berezino, tried to find some wooden sticks but couldn't find any. Then I came across one of these: http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/3336343636843166700/93894AC5829A53762A5CD0592287747EB847B55C/

Any chance to add harvest option for wooden sticks? 

Those are logs, not sticks.. You can already find wooden logs in the game.

Those are logs, not sticks.. You can already find wooden logs in the game.

If you look closely, you can see smaller logs and even planks in there, I bet they work as fine as sticks. 

@ OP:

Has been suggested alot of times already. But I agree. B)

Sorry mate but before i posted i searched over several posts that looked as thought hey had this suggestion and searched for multiple keywords relating to this and there wasn't any otherwise i would have just commented on that and bumped it back to the top however thanks for the support mate.

Stuff like this will be added later.

That may be true however i added this to the suggestion page for that reason i'm not expecting this to happen instantly but would just like it to be assessed and maybe also implemented, It was not a complaint saying that i wont play unless you put this option in the game it was merely a simple suggestion.

Edited by Nurrvillian

I agree...I was walking down steps must of missed a step or something broke my leg (lol) decided not to bother looking for sticks then climbed up one of those cranes and crawled off ;).