ananist177

[NEW] MODULAR MILITARY BACKPACK

198 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the Modular Military Backpack?

Edited by Guest

I just realised that this is a back pack made (some might say specifically) to fit an rifle in it.

nice, if they implement this in the game, its way much cooler than the current mountain backpack.

Will also still have the blind spot due to the height, fair trade for more gear. 1pp with a mountain pack is paranoia inducing.

this is a really nice idea, i have used a Bergen which had these detachable panels like this or 'day sacks' and they worked exactly like this

I would like this idea, if we could attach these pouches to both, the mountain and hunting backpack.

Because where's the point in making the biggest backpack even bigger, but "leaving the other ones behind" ? ;)

but i think something like this is already in the making, because Rocket wants, that we are able to hang more guns also to the backpacks.

So adding an additional "hook" for the gun, pouch for items, etc.  would be really really cool.

Edited by irishroy

yes, need this.

also 100% yes votes lol

Edited by DMentMan

I do like, but it needs to be as rare as the coyote backpack(from the mod), if not rarer.

Two pockets should be just as rare as backpack, but also able to act as 2 spots into 4 storage containers.

If this would be available in non-military style, I'd like it better.

Good idea anyway.

But I also would like to see a disadvantage when you take something out of your backpack.

For example 2 seconds for each slot an item takes. So if you take out rice, which takes 2 slots, you've got to wait 4 seconds.

Or maybe 2 seconds the deeper you grab into the backpack.

1st slotline = 2 seconds

2nd slotline = 4 seconds

3rd slotline = 6 seconds

7th slotline = 14 seconds

I'd prefer 2nd option where it takes longer the deeper you grab into it. (should work same way if you grab into someone elses backpack, which makes looting harder)

Furthermore you should be able to lose stuff when the backpack is open.

Press TAB to open the inventory. All pockets (backpacks, wests etc) that have + symbol and do not show the items are closed.

If they are open (- symbol) and show the items containing, there should be a chance to lose stuff if you prone or sprint.

Toggling +- in the inventory should take some time, and make the appropriate noises, like zippers being pulled.

Taking something out of the backpack should force the player to take it off (time consuming) or to get help from a trusted person.

• Like 2

A camo alternative to mountain packs. Got my vote, though I'll probably stick with hunter packs and courier bags.

sure why not! :rolleyes:

Personally, I would love to see this :

440px-Arma_3_backpack_hero.jpg

BackPack_US.png

I dont't know fi the russian military backpacks are the same as the ones you showed us, but if they are, then so be it.

Personally i just one a black backpack so i can be S.T.A.L.K.E.R from warframe at night...

• Like 1

Having modular equipment is simply over complicating the game.

this is a really nice idea, i have used a Bergen which had these detachable panels like this or 'day sacks' and they worked exactly like this

its Bergans dude lol bergen is the rainiest city in norway and probably the world i think (it literally rains all day every day, hence bergans creating waterproof EVERYTHINGS)

Sure, eventually they could add those, but as long as there is also a weight limit put in-game, something that wouldn't allow you to carry everything you want or in the quantities you want them.

• Like 1

Nah, better put a low profile patrolpack (just for the looks, shouldn't be any bigger or smaller than hunter backpack) in there.

Military backpacks are standard issue in the military, but in order to do this, they would have to implement fitness level, the lower it is, the slower you go with this backpack and the more your hunger goes up

Edited by smrtrthanavgbear
  • Like 1