Sign in to follow this  
leefriendfield

What Is Your BIGGEST Pet Peeve In DayZ?

Another one is melee.

It's either fists, fireaxe, or you might as well carry nothing at all!

I picked up a pristine machete today, naively thinking that it would be a fantastic weapon since machetes can lop off limps with relativity little force or energy spent!
>.> Only.. That's not how it worked out. I had to slash at a zombie approximately 2 dozen times to take it out. I can't imagine how poorly it would preform on a player.

2-4 hit kill would feel more balanced.

Edited by Rudette
  • Like 1

Another one is melee.

It's either fists, fireaxe, or you might as well carry nothing at all!

I picked up a pristine machete today, naively thinking that it would be a fantastic weapon since machetes can lop off limps with relativity little force or energy spent!

>.> Only.. That's not how it worked out. I had to slash at a zombie approximately 2 dozen times to take it out. I can't imagine how poorly it would preform on a player.

2-4 hit kill would feel more balanced.

Haha, yes. I found one yesterday as well, went straight for the nearest zombie, which had its back turned to me, and proceeded to slash at it. While I did that it just casually turned around to face me and proceeded to claw me multiple times. I ended up having to pull my gun to finish it, because it seemed to be completely unbothered by my countless machete slashes.

• Like 1

Reloading the Mosin, and realizing I haven't actually reloaded it the game needs to wait 45 seconds to do the animation then the mosin is reloaded!

In answer to your abusive post.

Ts isn't the problem using it to negate the ingame mechanics is.

If you cast disparaging remarks at others, you should full and well expect to receive disparaging comments in return. 

If you cast disparaging remarks at others, you should full and well expect to receive disparaging comments in return. 

That is true but I said nothing disparaging to him at all.

When I am being shot at and I stand up and cnat move for 3 seconds, and get shot.

Basically the glitchy movements. Needs to be fixed asap tbh.

When my friend tells me I've got the animation glitch which makes your char look like your doing some sort of Gangnham style dance, presumably the animation when you get your gun out and put it back again. Yeah.. real stealthy when I'm wiggling around in trees!

That's why all the realism and "Organic" interactions Rocket wants are complete bullshit. TeamSuck stops DayZ from being what it should be. :(

Its a habit thats incredibly easy to get sucked into because it makes the game easier. I usually find myself talking to buddies on Skype or Teamspeak because hey dont want to use radios which I understand why. I want an ability to go through and make it so when Windows Volume detects audio going into the mic the game automatically start making your character talk.

Edited by LeeFriendField

@Child who uses pictures to answer 

No.

using teamspeak to negate the in game mechanics of direct chat and radios is the exploit.

If you cant see that don't worry about it draw some pictures or ask your mummy to explain it.

That is true but I said nothing disparaging to him at all.

Quoted the post were you began casting stones. Next time, try not insulting people when responding. It only cheapens the debate and makes you look foolish. Further, others will be more likely to be hostile to you (as we have seen.)

• Like 1

Quoted the post were you began casting stones. Next time, try not insulting people when responding. It only cheapens the debate and makes you look foolish. Further, others will be more likely to be hostile to you (as we have seen.)

Ah right your referring to the person who called me stupid and the person who called me autistic.

Ok good point Ill not respond to that type of abusive post in the future.

And I am glad you pointed out there abusive behavior as well, O wait ... you didn't 

You are right though I should not drop down to their level.

Point taken.

Edited by BL1P

Unresponsive toolbar.

Wait til your a little older and it turns into an unresponsive tool.

> Being forced to walk up inclines

> Tuna/sardines being reversed

> Hotkeys being unreliable with weapons (best fix is to just drag/drop your weapon into your hand)

> 99% of melee weapons are awful at best

> Doors always opening  outwards, making for awkward experiences

> Doors having a "sweet spot" to be able to open/close them, this seems to be the most difficult with double doors that already have one of their doors open (I'm looking at you firestation!)

> Roof-->ground ladders (like the ones on hospital roofs and firestation roofs). They are easy to get up, but finding that "sweet spot" to interact with them to go down is a whole thing and makes me nervous everytime.

Edited by Triksterism

There are no Russian Mcdonalds in Dayz. I am sad by this. : / lol

My biggest pet peeve at the moment is the flashing magpul parts. Ditched all my old ones and now they're doing the same again, only a few days later.

Are all magpul parts completely bugged then?

There are no Russian Mcdonalds in Dayz. I am sad by this. : / lol

Knowing the kind of meat Mc.Yucks buys I wouldnt be suprised if it was still edible post apocolyps.

- That zombies are nothing once you get an axe

- How shit the M4 is

- Not knowing whether to pick something up cause it may or may not actually have a use yet (do vitamins do anything yet? etc)

- How rare can openers are (every household in the civilized world has one, why are there hardly any in Chernarus?) 

....is when I'm laid in long grass or in a forest under a tree thinking I'm well hidden but to a sniper I'm in clear view because to the sniper the grass, and branches at the bottom of trees, disappear.

A lack of exciting interaction with zombies. That pretty much covers the small numbers, the inconsistent AI, and the pathing/collision problems. But I can wait for zombie improvements. They will come...

... Soon

Players who complain about KOS, players who complain, group photos, players who boast, ignorance about systems in the game, people who insult other players because its the internet, My biggest pet peeve is the community.

The game is pretty awesome though.

• Like 2

Day/Night cycle...it should not be just starting nighttime at 2:30pm here.