Sign in to follow this  
leefriendfield

What Is Your BIGGEST Pet Peeve In DayZ?

Dying to a player because my weapon didn't come out when I pressed the hotkey is easily my biggest frustration. My favorite is when it comes out after 15 seconds, only to be put away again immediately.  

Edited by Solopopo
  • Like 4

Eating the log back in timer while trying to determine what is making me completely unable to interact with the environment or rearange my backpack

Seriously, this could have waited for beta, it makes a simple matter of figuring out if its my items/what items or something else that would take 20 minutes tops drag on for HOURS.

Sounds to me like someone snuck a burlap sack over your head while you were logging out. Shenanigans!

Edited by Solopopo
  • Like 1

Mine is people just bitching about things they don't like in the game. Mind you, I'm not talking about constructive criticism but, folks that bitch about not finding food fast enough, or an M4 fast enough or, they were in the in Bolota/Cherno looking for a fire arm and got KOS'ed (like you were just going to run off after finding a M4 to plant flowers or whatever.) 

It's Alpha folks and you are paying a reduced rate for the game in exchange to help do some Q&A. If that is too much for your little hart to bare, quit until "beta" is released.

Sounds to me like someone snuck a burlap sack over your head while you were logging out. Shenanigans!

"Thats funny right there, I don't care who you are"

I finally narrowed it down to inventory expanders that are not pristine just a couple minutes ago it could have something to do with books inside them, or items with flickering textures inside them, normally I would experiment the hell out of it to figure it out but I am done eating 5 minute timers for the time being. Just dropped all the potentialy offensive items and found a new server.

Maybe tomorrow Ill mess with it again.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one bothered by the tuna/sardine inversion.

Most of my issues were already brought up. To add a new one to the list, I suppose the lack of water around areas that clearly were used to raise crops and/or livestock. It is nitpicky, but trying to survive without using an out-of-game map, I would expect to be able to use logic to find water. Logic for me, actually means that you don't rush to a city for water as it generally relies on electricity for delivery. Logic to me is to head to a place where water must exist uninterrupted always, which is a farm.

Exploitable`s like gamma, brightness, clouds, shadows, post-process, Teamspeak, Off line maps and spawning into loot zones.

• Like 1

Exploitable`s like gamma, brightness, clouds, shadows, post-process, Teamspeak, Off line maps and spawning into loot zones.

45785672.jpg

Logging out in a safe place and then coming back the next day and logging in at the coast as a fresh spawn... I take all the precautions to lower the random death bug but it still happens.. 

@Child who uses pictures to answer 

No.

using teamspeak to negate the in game mechanics of direct chat and radios is the exploit.

If you cant see that don't worry about it draw some pictures or ask your mummy to explain it.

Edited by BL1P
  • Like 2

@Child who uses pictures to answer 

No using teamspeak to negate the in game mechanics of direct chat and radios is the exploit.

If you cant see that don't worry about it draw some pictures or ask your mummy to explain it.

45785946.jpg

Dying for no reason. Literally just walking, sitting, standing or laying down and then dying. Sometimes in empty servers. Sometimes in rooms alone, no gunshot, no swinging sound from an axe or something. The game just feels like killing you or something. Its either hackers or just a really terrible bug but its been happening  A LOT lately. 

Dying for no reason. Literally just walking, sitting, standing or laying down and then dying. Sometimes in empty servers. Sometimes in rooms alone, no gunshot, no swinging sound from an axe or something. The game just feels like killing you or something. Its either hackers or just a really terrible bug but its been happening  A LOT lately. 

I have never expirienced that, are you sure you are not dying from thirst? If not try re-installing the game

Mine is people whining about Team Speak.

Mine is people whining about people whining about TeamSpeak :(

• Like 1

Mine is people whining about people whining about TeamSpeak :(

Its a fair enough complaint.

(Bandit)DROP YOUR WEAPON!!!

(You talkin to buddies in TS)Hey im over here, kill these bandits

BANG BANG BANG 

(You) My captors are dead

BANG BANG BANG 

Err... I get your point, but you really shouldn't hold someone up without checking if he has friends around first. Teamspeak isn't going to magically make them appear, just direct them a little.

I have never expirienced that, are you sure you are not dying from thirst? If not try re-installing the game

yea im sure its not from thirst.. i think its hackers tbh. ive killed players that hackers have spawned in front of me while no one appeared to be in the server. he just kept spawning a guy in  front of me and i kept killing them until i took off. I figured he would get bored and then kill me so i bailed. 

BANG BANG BANG 

That's why all the realism and "Organic" interactions Rocket wants are complete bullshit. TeamSuck stops DayZ from being what it should be. :(

Not being able to eat one of those tasty looking pumpkins.

Or the apples. It's and orchard in fall, ffs!

Mine is people whining about Team Speak.

Team Speak isnt a problem.

What is a problem is that direct chat doesnt automatically turn on when teamspeak is being used. You should not be able to communicate without any risk in dayz.

Ultimately what needs to happen is some type of ACRE system should come to dayz.

• Like 5

You seriously think teamspeak is a problem? Yikes. Autism alert. 

In answer to your abusive post.

Ts isn't the problem using it to negate the ingame mechanics is.

• Like 1

People trying to dictate how others should play the game.

You seriously think teamspeak is a problem? Yikes. Autism alert. 

Don't do that.

• Like 3