Sign in to follow this  
Jrjy3

Allow players to move while handcuffed and badly hurt

Recently while I was playing, I was badly damaged so that I could only crawl and I was handcuffed by a group of bandits. Because of this, I was able to stand up and lay down, but other than that, I was not able to move my character at all. I hope this isn't an intended feature because I was unable to respawn and the bandits were just holding me there not allowing me to die. It completely ruined the experience in that life because I could literally do nothing.

I was hoping you would at least allow the player to crawl when these conditions are met so that the experience isn't completely ruined.

Edited by Jrjy3
  • Like 1

The ability to wiggle/pathetically crawl away sounds good.

• Like 1

You do know that you can use E + Q to break the handcuffs right?
Breaktime is determined by the quality of the handcuffs, use Dayzintel if you want information of certain items etc.

Edited by Zeeb

I feel like you should be able to run while handcuffed. Definitely not as fast as normal but you should be able to move alot faster than a slow walk.

I feel like you should be able to run while handcuffed. Definitely not as fast as normal but you should be able to move alot faster than a slow walk.

He had a broken leg. That is why he couldn't walk or run. He's saying that crawling while handcuffed is impossible, apparently, so he was unable to do anything...

You do know that you can use E + Q to break the handcuffs right?

Breaktime is determined by the quality of the handcuffs, use Dayzintel if you want information of certain items etc.

I actually didn't know that. Thanks for the tip. My original point still stands, though. I believe that if you're handcuffed and have a broken leg, you should at least be able to crawl.