TEST_SUBJECT_83

Deans wants to bring Base Building Mechanics from Dead Linger - video

I was watching the stream Rocket was doing today and he was saying how much he liked the base building from 

Dead Linger.

Check out the video, it looks like it would fit DayZ quite well IMO.

http://youtu.be/7QYsIgFOqrs?t=1m47s

What Do you guys think of this? Is this what you want to see in terms of construction in DayZ?

Edited by TEST_SUBJECT_83

Would be cool but I myself would never build one. It will be a magnet for bandits. I know I would only attack a base the second I see one.

• Like 2

Base building looks pretty cool but dam what a horrible looking game.

god that looks horrendous. the mechanics looks great, but the materials should snap in increments instead of having full range of motion, so to speak.

it would be cool to have this in DayZ

• Like 1

Sounds good, I just need to find a no loot cabin out in the middle of nowhere where I can stash books in.

The coolest part about this is that this is already very possible, the placement mechanics have already been done in mods.

I was under the impression that there would only be underground base building, because above ground construction would result in too much strain for the servers. Can anyone actually find where rocket specifically mentions above ground base building? I'd love to see it in the game but I have my doubts it will be implemented.

Looks lame imo.

Rust base building still craps on this.

Imo you either gotta beat rust at base building or don't even bother half assing it.

• Like 4

then this game will turn as same as rust...

• Like 1

Looks lame imo.

Imo you either gotta beat rust at base building or don't even bother half assing it.

You could just go play Rust then.

• Like 2

And adding base building doesn't turn this into RustZ how?

Because DayZ mod had base building before Rust. 

Edited by Solopopo
  • Like 1

By just judging from that video it looks pretty nifty although, it should be more realistic. Cause that ramp wouldn't hold for shit - A piece of plywood with a 45° angle without any reinforcement or support underneath it.

But yeah, something like that as long as it is done properly.

Looks lame imo.

then this game will turn as same as rust...

Either you don't understand the concept of "bettering" something or you just want to troll the poster - I'm not sure which (although I have my suspicions).I mean, you're onviously perfectly happy making Dayz into Dead Linger yet have objections to making it into Rust? How, exactly, does that sit right in your head? Dayz needs its own mechanism for building a base - if it "borrows" from either game, it needs to make it uniqely its own. Or it needs its own, unique, method of building.

Building a base in Rust is pretty simple - the building shown in the above video is horribly clunky and needlessly complex. Base-building in Dayz needs to be better than it is in Rust and less "oops, I've not got that straight" than it is in that video. Unsupported structures should collapse - as they would in real life - not just hang there in defiance of the laws of physics. But raw materials should be harder to come by and gathering them (and building your structure) needs to carry the risk of attracting unwelcome attention.

• Like 1

I was under the impression that there would only be underground base building, because above ground construction would result in too much strain for the servers. Can anyone actually find where rocket specifically mentions above ground base building? I'd love to see it in the game but I have my doubts it will be implemented.

The first version will be underground and fortifications because its easier for the server. He mentioned he would like to have full building at some point though.

I don't think I want underground base building, or maybe i just dont understand what it is.  I liked the system in DayZ Epoch, what's wrong with just doing that so we can take over existing buildings or make new ones?

The first version will be underground and fortifications because its easier for the server. He mentioned he would like to have full building at some point though.

yes I like the idea of an underground base. Camoflage the entrance in rocks or a bush. Make it worth searching as something  to loot would be a cool extra demention to the game as well. Nope I have no problem with underground! Much better than a clunky big fort screaming "LOOT ME!!!"

I don't think I want underground base building, or maybe i just dont understand what it is.  I liked the system in DayZ Epoch, what's wrong with just doing that so we can take over existing buildings or make new ones?

In epoch you could destroy bases only with rare statchel charges, That was wrong.

7 days to die has an interesting building system more detailed (and far closer to real physics than dead lingors) but iam happy to wait and see what the devs do...

I liked the system in DayZ Epoch, ...

Players build bad looking things, thats the problem in Epoch.

Same problem exist in dead linger.

That's the reason, why I like it simple (dayz mod).

Edited by NoCheats
  • Like 1

In epoch you could destroy bases only with rare statchel charges, That was wrong.

Not true, I used to saw through them with chainsaw.  You could also use a hatchet, but that took forever.

Edited by Six_Ten
  • Like 1