alexeistukov

The Community's List of Suggested Weapons for Dayz Standalone (Version: 1.29)

M16A3 isnt commonly used, only really on naval crews. The M16A4 would be a better optIon

True.  The M16 discussion has been going on for a while now lol.  I need to think about which variant i should add.  More news will be given later!

this^

I am sorry to inform you that i will not be keeping them just old and civilian.  The military was present during the outbreak of the infection in Chernarus so i will continue to add military grade as well as civilian grade weaponry.  A fine mixture i might add.

Is this list only for Ranged weapons or can we also allowed to suggest some melee's here?

Is this list only for Ranged weapons or can we also allowed to suggest some melee's here?

I am currently only wanting firearm suggestions mostly, i have a list already of melee weapons made, which i plan to incorporate into this forum later on.  I will however accept your ideas and if i don't have them already, might put them into my upcoming list.  So feel free to suggest!

Well I thought of Axe Knives, Brass knuckles, Paddles, Ice axe and Sickles.

I have everything, but paddles.  I will consider adding those if i hear that the devs are planning on adding kayaks or rowboats.

- The M134 is unnecessary and the only real places you'd find them would be on helicopters (Which I don't think they should do) and on wrecks (in which case they wouldn't work without power).

- The CBJ-MS, as interesting as it is, doesn't really feel authentic.

The rest I think are fine additions, but the Nagant M1895, Tokarev TT-33, Makarov PM, AKM and PPSh-41 are the only ones I feel are a must have.

• Like 1

- The M134 is unnecessary and the only real places you'd find them would be on helicopters (Which I don't think they should do) and on wrecks (in which case they wouldn't work without power).

- The CBJ-MS, as interesting as it is, doesn't really feel authentic.

The rest I think are fine additions, but the Nagant M1895, Tokarev TT-33, Makarov PM, AKM and PPSh-41 are the only ones I feel are a must have.

Couldn't help but laugh when your picture is the Terminator and you say no to a minigun lol.  Anyways, the M134 would be only found on helicopters you are correct.  It would be difficult to maintain due to the amount of power it requires and the amount of ammo you need for the firearm.  The M134 would be extremely rare as well.  I am for it being on helicopters, but opposing viewpoints are always interesting.  I see you are more into the old firearms too, i am a mixture of both.  As for the CBJ, i decided to put this up because of the fact it is an alternative to the overly used IMI Uzi Sub Machine Gun.  The CBJ may not feel authentic, but hey it will get the job done.  Glad to hear from a another part of the community! Thank you for your viewpoints!

I hope that the devs will eventually see this forum and the work that we all have done to contribute to this list.  I appreciate all your thoughts and suggestions.  

Couldn't help but laugh when your picture is the Terminator and you say no to a minigun lol.  Anyways, the M134 would be only found on helicopters you are correct.  It would be difficult to maintain due to the amount of power it requires and the amount of ammo you need for the firearm.  The M134 would be extremely rare as well.  I am for it being on helicopters, but opposing viewpoints are always interesting.  I see you are more into the old firearms too, i am a mixture of both.  As for the CBJ, i decided to put this up because of the fact it is an alternative to the overly used IMI Uzi Sub Machine Gun.  The CBJ may not feel authentic, but hey it will get the job done.  Glad to hear from a another part of the community! Thank you for your viewpoints!

Yeah, well the only reason I say no is because it just wouldn't be common enough in real life and would be too much work for the devs to do. Then again, I do hope that the helicopters (if they have them) can be armed in some way, but I feel that a minigun might be unnecessary, not to mention they are only really common on Western helicopters (Eastern nations tend to use machine guns more often because they are cheaper and use less ammo.) 

And I do love old guns, but I'm also a fan of quite a few new ones (The CBJ is a cool one, it just doesn't fit the scenario). I was actually quite saddened when I learned the Blaser B95 shoots the same ammo from both barrels.

That being said, I actually do think the uzi should be added. As much as it is overused (Like other guns) it is more realistic than the others and there aren't many SMGs that are realistic. I wouldn't complain if they did add the CBJ, but I don't know how likely it is we would actually get to use the main feature which would make its' placement interesting.

Also, it's starting to become the norm for games to use less common guns (Battefield and CoD, for instance, have started using guns which rarely appear in games in order to feel different). 

Yeah, well the only reason I say no is because it just wouldn't be common enough in real life and would be too much work for the devs to do. Then again, I do hope that the helicopters (if they have them) can be armed in some way, but I feel that a minigun might be unnecessary, not to mention they are only really common on Western helicopters (Eastern nations tend to use machine guns more often because they are cheaper and use less ammo.) 

And I do love old guns, but I'm also a fan of quite a few new ones (The CBJ is a cool one, it just doesn't fit the scenario). I was actually quite saddened when I learned the Blaser B95 shoots the same ammo from both barrels.

That being said, I actually do think the uzi should be added. As much as it is overused (Like other guns) it is more realistic than the others and there aren't many SMGs that are realistic. I wouldn't complain if they did add the CBJ, but I don't know how likely it is we would actually get to use the main feature which would make its' placement interesting.

Also, it's starting to become the norm for games to use less common guns (Battefield and CoD, for instance, have started using guns which rarely appear in games in order to feel different). 

Hah, battlefield and COD are games of the past now.  Survival is going to take the game industry and change it completely.  I do agree with the IMI Uzi being added, but i did not add it on this list out of what has happened in the past when i have suggested that firearm to another game.  I recieved countless and endless amounts of "cod fag" messages, i would call them.  Some people out there just don't seem to have a brain in their heads ya know?  I do recognize the fact that the minigun would be a rare encounter in the location of Chernarus.  However, if the U.S. was involved in helping the Chernarussians combat the infection, then there is a small chance that they did bring a few helicopters over like this one.  Or they could put helicopters such as the Bell AH-IZ Viper or the Bell AH-1 Cobra into the game that already have a 20mm vulcan attached to the nose of the helicopter.  I hope the devs consider something that we both are thinking of, some sort of door gunner system right?  I too was sad to see the Blazer become that.. i wish they would of looked more into the gun before creating it.. I do understand it would be a lot of work on the devs to put a minigun into the game, but its their choice in the first place if they want to or not, i am not forcing anyone.  I agree that the CBJ does not really fit in, but i will still keep it up.  I will attempt to add the IMI Uzi Sub Machine Gun, or even better, how about a Mac-10 .45 ACP Sub Machine Gun?  The MAC-11 Is chambered in .380 ACP.  Again, thank you for replying to my previous reply to you.

Hah, battlefield and COD are games of the past now.  Survival is going to take the game industry and change it completely.  I do agree with the IMI Uzi being added, but i did not add it on this list out of what has happened in the past when i have suggested that firearm to another game.  I recieved countless and endless amounts of "cod fag" messages, i would call them.  Some people out there just don't seem to have a brain in their heads ya know?  I do recognize the fact that the minigun would be a rare encounter in the location of Chernarus.  However, if the U.S. was involved in helping the Chernarussians combat the infection, then there is a small chance that they did bring a few helicopters over like this one.  Or they could put helicopters such as the Bell AH-IZ Viper or the Bell AH-1 Cobra into the game that already have a 20mm vulcan attached to the nose of the helicopter.  I hope the devs consider something that we both are thinking of, some sort of door gunner system right?  I too was sad to see the Blazer become that.. i wish they would of looked more into the gun before creating it.. I do understand it would be a lot of work on the devs to put a minigun into the game, but its their choice in the first place if they want to or not, i am not forcing anyone.  I agree that the CBJ does not really fit in, but i will still keep it up.  I will attempt to add the IMI Uzi Sub Machine Gun, or even better, how about a Mac-10 .45 ACP Sub Machine Gun?  The MAC-11 Is chambered in .380 ACP.  Again, thank you for replying to my previous reply to you.

Many replies to replies to replies. It's endless. And I was only bringing up the past two games because they are the general standpoint for FPS games which are following the trend of "never before seen" guns.

The MAC-10 is perfectly reasonable, and I do hope to see door gunners. Having AH-1Zs/AH-1s (Or MI-24s) would be realistic if there were US involvement, but I can't say I personally want them because it would end up feeling too military at the point you give people access to gunships/attack helicopters/fighters, in addition to being annoying. Having helicopters is a good idea, but I think the immersion would get broken when you're suddenly under attack from a gunship. Basic civilian/military transport/cargo helicopters and planes are fine, as well as "technicals" like UAZs with machine guns would be the best end-game content for me, no APCs/Tanks/Jets/Gunship Helis are necessary.

Many replies to replies to replies. It's endless. And I was only bringing up the past two games because they are the general standpoint for FPS games which are following the trend of "never before seen" guns.

The MAC-10 is perfectly reasonable, and I do hope to see door gunners. Having AH-1Zs/AH-1s (Or MI-24s) would be realistic if there were US involvement, but I can't say I personally want them because it would end up feeling too military at the point you give people access to gunships/attack helicopters/fighters, in addition to being annoying. Having helicopters is a good idea, but I think the immersion would get broken when you're suddenly under attack from a gunship. Basic civilian/military transport/cargo helicopters and planes are fine, as well as "technicals" like UAZs with machine guns would be the best end-game content for me, no APCs/Tanks/Jets/Gunship Helis are necessary.

I see we both have different view points on different topics.  I am all for the idea of APCs and Light Tanks, but no jets, (biplanes, cropdusters, or other civilian planes would be nice to have).  Helicopters should be added to the game.  Some with firearm capabilities, some without.  However, i am completely against the idea of arming a helicopter with 60 Hell Fire missiles and a 20mm cannon to blow apart anyone in its path.. that is not what im trying to say.  Gunships would ruin the game entirely if they were added to the atmosphere.  It would be bandit-galore everywhere, with no one trying to work together.  I do not want a to military like game, but i want it to be where the military was a very noticeable presence during the outbreak.  Well, we shall see how everything turns out in the future.  I greatly appreciate all the suggestions and viewpoints you gave to me so far.  

Damn, is this community good or what?  I have never seen such cooperative and helpful people on a forum site in a LONG  damn time.  Thanks to all of you!  God Bless you all!

I also do not like those FPS games due to the fact that they basically make a mockery out of firearms.  Basically showing it as a toy and to run around with a sniper rifle, using it like an assault rifle, and blow everyone apart that you see.  That is why i hate most games like COD, battlefield does imply realism though and i love realism if you haven't noticed yet.  

I also do not like those FPS games due to the fact that they basically make a mockery out of firearms.  Basically showing it as a toy and to run around with a sniper rifle, using it like an assault rifle, and blow everyone apart that you see.  That is why i hate most games like COD, battlefield does imply realism though and i love realism if you haven't noticed yet.  

Battlefield is slightly more realistic in the firearm mechanics (Round chambering, semi-correct reloading, etc.) and in graphic design, but in the end the gunplay, physics, tactics and everything else really pales "action-shooter", not realistic gameplay.

Yeah i agree with your battlefield comment.  However, i will always choose Dayz over any other game right now.  The game with the best source of realism and survival aspects it my favorite game.

Edited by AlexeiStukov

M16A3 isnt commonly used, only really on naval crews. The M16A4 would be a better option

Oh but it is, the M16A4 was more of a patrol rifle. The A3 model was fit for medium ranges in urban-to-slightly open areas. The A4 model was optimized for things such as 4-8x scopes, fluted barrels, etc for patrol units.

Version 1.01 will be coming out later on today!

Oh but it is, the M16A4 was more of a patrol rifle. The A3 model was fit for medium ranges in urban-to-slightly open areas. The A4 model was optimized for things such as 4-8x scopes, fluted barrels, etc for patrol units.

A4 is the most common version, A3 is just a full auto A2, and is only used bu really the US navy on ships. SO really no A3 just the A4 it is the most likely version.

Haha, an argument over the M16.  

The #1 gun that i think should be added from this list, is the MTs-255 Shotgun, due to how unique it is in every way.  The other firearms i would love to see off the list are the Lobaev, the VSS, UDAR, and many others.  It would be beautiful to have a revolving shotgun in the game.  Or even a shotgun revolver if you saw off the MTs-255.

Edited by AlexeiStukov

I hope that the devs will eventually see this forum and the work that we all have done to contribute to this list.  I appreciate all your thoughts and suggestions.  

I'm starting to see I may be in the minority when it comes to keeping the number of weapons in this in check lol :)

Suggestion: add a poll to the original post.  You should be able to by selecting "Manage Poll" from the upper right corner while editing.  I'd say put a poll topic in for each "weapon type" and allow for multiple votes.  It would likely be one of the most concrete ways to get popularity feedback, although I can understand that popular isn't necessarily what you're aiming for it would yield some interesting results and allow you to see where some of the suggestions stand.

Since this thread is taking off (gratz btw, like I said it was well put together) I'm going to start tracking it for my listing here of popular items we the community want in the game:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/170636-master-list-of-equipable-items-the-community-wants-in-the-game/page-3

That thread includes a listing of which items have also been rumored and confirmed.  I've posted a link to your thread in there.  That's also the selfish reason I recommend a poll: it makes it easier for me to track too :)

• Like 1

I'm starting to see I may be in the minority when it comes to keeping the number of weapons in this in check lol :)

Suggestion: add a poll to the original post.  You should be able to by selecting "Manage Poll" from the upper right corner while editing.  I'd say put a poll topic in for each "weapon type" and allow for multiple votes.  It would likely be one of the most concrete ways to get popularity feedback, although I can understand that popular isn't necessarily what you're aiming for it would yield some interesting results and allow you to see where some of the suggestions stand.

Since this thread is taking off (gratz btw, like I said it was well put together) I'm going to start tracking it for my listing here of popular items we the community want in the game:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/170636-master-list-of-equipable-items-the-community-wants-in-the-game/page-3

That thread includes a listing of which items have also been rumored and confirmed.  I've posted a link to your thread in there.  That's also the selfish reason I recommend a poll: it makes it easier for me to track too :)

All i can say really to such a fellow friend like you is god bless you.  Thank you for helping me make it a better forum for the world of dayz.  I never really could figure out how to make it a poll, but until now.  Thanks for also tracking it and helping me out! Everyone's name who has helped me will go on my forum.  Thank you so much man!!

• Like 1